Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up Sitcom The Cool Kids for Full Season; CBS and ABC Back Nine Pickups
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 60,905
Default Henry Winkler reaches out to Erin Moran

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/fonz...BY0KXuwdqztFFM

'Fonzie' reaches out to help down-and-out Erin Moran



Aaay, it’s not cool to be homeless!

Erin Moran’s sad down-and-out spiral reportedly grabbed the attention of her former “Happy Days” castmate Henry Winkler, who wants to hook up his old pal with a new gig.

The Fonz is working to bring Moran to “Arrested Development,” the critically loved but ratings-challenged sitcom that’s headed for Netflix, according to a published report.

“Henry is absolutely shattered over what’s become of Erin,” a pal of Winkler’s told The National Enquirer.

“He desperately wants to help get back back on her feet.”

Winkler has a recurring role on “Arrested” as the family’s bumbling lawyer.

Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham in the iconic TV show, and her hubby had been living in his mom’s Indiana trailer. But she was reportedly thrown out over her hard-partying ways.

The troubled actress got a boost this summer when she and "Happy Days" colleagues Marion Ross, Anson Williams, Don Most and the widow of Tom Bosley settled a lawsuit with CBS over “Happy Days”-themed memorabilia sold over the years.

The actors’ lawyer Jon Pfeiffer has kept in touch with Moran by phone and said she doesn’t seem to be in any distress, despite reports she’s bouncing between friends’ couches and cheap motels.

“She sounded normal. She sounded [the same] as when we met throughout the case,” Pfeiffer said this morning. “There’s no indication anything was wrong with her.”

A rep for Netflix could not be immediately reached for comment.

“Arrested” also casts Moran’s on-screen “Happy Days” love interest, Scott Baio, who also plays a lawyer for the hilariously dysfunctional Bluth family.

Earlier this week, Baio said he hadn’t kept up with Moran, and seemed less than interested in the “Joanie Loves Chachi” actress’ plight.

“I don’t know what her situation is,” Baio told Fox411.com.

“I have a job to do, I have a wife and child to take care of. So I don’t pay attention to things that I don’t know anything about. I’ve got my own situation to deal with.”
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
cleverfun3000
Member
Senior Member
 
cleverfun3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 18, 2008
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 1,655
Default

Sounds like there ain't gonna be a Joanie
Loves Chachi reunion show anytime soon.

cleverfun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
janet42
Three's Company Fan!
Senior Member
 
janet42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/fonz...BY0KXuwdqztFFM

'Fonzie' reaches out to help down-and-out Erin Moran



Aaay, it’s not cool to be homeless!

Erin Moran’s sad down-and-out spiral reportedly grabbed the attention of her former “Happy Days” castmate Henry Winkler, who wants to hook up his old pal with a new gig.

The Fonz is working to bring Moran to “Arrested Development,” the critically loved but ratings-challenged sitcom that’s headed for Netflix, according to a published report.

“Henry is absolutely shattered over what’s become of Erin,” a pal of Winkler’s told The National Enquirer.

“He desperately wants to help get back back on her feet.”

Winkler has a recurring role on “Arrested” as the family’s bumbling lawyer.

Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham in the iconic TV show, and her hubby had been living in his mom’s Indiana trailer. But she was reportedly thrown out over her hard-partying ways.

The troubled actress got a boost this summer when she and "Happy Days" colleagues Marion Ross, Anson Williams, Don Most and the widow of Tom Bosley settled a lawsuit with CBS over “Happy Days”-themed memorabilia sold over the years.

The actors’ lawyer Jon Pfeiffer has kept in touch with Moran by phone and said she doesn’t seem to be in any distress, despite reports she’s bouncing between friends’ couches and cheap motels.

“She sounded normal. She sounded [the same] as when we met throughout the case,” Pfeiffer said this morning. “There’s no indication anything was wrong with her.”

A rep for Netflix could not be immediately reached for comment.

“Arrested” also casts Moran’s on-screen “Happy Days” love interest, Scott Baio, who also plays a lawyer for the hilariously dysfunctional Bluth family.

Earlier this week, Baio said he hadn’t kept up with Moran, and seemed less than interested in the “Joanie Loves Chachi” actress’ plight.

“I don’t know what her situation is,” Baio told Fox411.com.

“I have a job to do, I have a wife and child to take care of. So I don’t pay attention to things that I don’t know anything about. I’ve got my own situation to deal with.”
That was nice of Henry Winkler to help out Erin Moran. I hope that this chance will help Erin to turn her life around.
janet42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes
Senior Member
 
Retro4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 04, 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 6,578
Default

Now THAT'S how a friend responds to another friend being in dire straits.
__________________
Alex Reiger :[Trying to convince Louie not to antagonize Bobby] "It's not hard to make people feel bad about their lives. What's hard is making people feel good about their lives."
Retro4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Fuffer
Vote Beaver For President
Forum Regular
 
Fuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 551
Default

Hope Mr.Winkler can get Erin Moran back on track.
Fuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
A.D.A. Casey Novak
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 179
Default

I saw a picture of Erin. She looks about 114 years old. She looks like she could be a great-great grandma. Heck, I've seen corpses exhumed who looked healthier than her. And those unfortunate souls have been lying pretty-much motionless in one position for years and years (sometimes even decades).
A.D.A. Casey Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Fuffer
Vote Beaver For President
Forum Regular
 
Fuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 551
Default

Erin in only 51 years old and if she looks that bad that is just a tragedy.
Fuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
A.D.A. Casey Novak
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuffer
Erin in only 51 years old and if she looks that bad that is just a tragedy.
Yes, it is a tragedy. I have seen many, many exhumed corpses, and while some DO look worse than Erin, many do not.
A.D.A. Casey Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Fuffer
Vote Beaver For President
Forum Regular
 
Fuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 551
Default

She must be really partying hard.
Fuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes
Senior Member
 
Retro4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 04, 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 6,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.A. Casey Novak
Yes, it is a tragedy. I have seen many, many exhumed corpses, and while some DO look worse than Erin, many do not.
Here is a recent photo of Erin Moran.



Now, she looks rough, I'll grant you, but seriously...don't you think that saying she looks 'worse than some exhumed corpses" is a bit extreme? I'd call it 'ridiculous'.

Let's focus more on wishing her well and avoid the ghoulish and distasteful speculation on "how bad" she looks.
Retro4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
Fuffer
Vote Beaver For President
Forum Regular
 
Fuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 551
Default

That is just plain sad. Hope she gets better soon.
Fuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
catlover79
God Bless Val
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
Now THAT'S how a friend responds to another friend being in dire straits.
I agree. Henry has always been one of the really nice guys in show biz. I hope he will be able to give Erin a hand up and that she will be able to settle down into a normal life again.
__________________
"Jesus loves you and He approves this message."

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.