Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Should this set be released?
Yes 5 71.43%
No 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
ccmfan91
Occasional Poster

Default Happy Days Complete Series Blu-Ray?

I think this set can be successful, since the lawsuit is over, and CBS has released several related DVDs this year.
To CBS Home Entertainment:
Can you release a Complete Series Blu-Ray box set of "Happy Days" (1974-1984)?
There are many people who want to see a Complete Series box set of Happy Days.
All 255 episodes should be digitally restored and remastered (from the original film elements) in high definition (1080p), and they should be unedited.
The original Paramount Television logos should be included at the end of the episodes.
All the 1950s/1960s music that was used in the series should be cleared, so the episodes can be unaltered.
"Rock Around the Clock" should be restored to the opening credits for Season 2.
Garry Marshall wants all the original music to be included in the episodes.
The episodes that originally aired after "Passages" (the final episode) should be included before it in the set.
Bonus features, new and old, should be included in the set, including TV spots (from ABC, syndication, Nick at Nite, TV Land, WGN, Me-TV, and INSP), ABC bumpers, commercials with the cast, a PSA with the cast about leukemia, mistakes in the episodes, new episode introductions from Garry Marshall and the cast, rare and unreleased bloopers and outtakes, a 26-minute compilation of outtakes currently at the Paley Center (see description here: http://www.paleycenter.org/collectio...&item=T:60592), Entertainment Tonight's coverage of the filming of the final episode, cast interviews (including lengthy excerpts from Tom Bosley, Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Marion Ross, Pat Morita, Michael Eisner, Charles Fox, Fred Silverman, and Garry Marshall's interviews with the Archive of American Television), audio/text commentaries, photo galleries, documentaries (including TVography: Happy Days (2001), Entertainment Tonight in TV Land: Secrets of Happy Days (1999), Biography: Happy Days (2003), Henry Winkler Meets William Shakespeare (1977), the Biographies of Henry Winkler (2000) and Ron Howard (1999/2008), and all-new documentaries, including a new interview with theme song composers Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel), text biographies of the cast, reunion specials (1992/2005), lists of music and guest stars in the episodes, production notes (noting inside jokes, pop culture references, and behind-the-scenes information), both versions of the pilot (New Family in Town (1971), and Love and the Happy Days (1972)), episodes of Laverne and Shirley (and the Mork and Mindy pilot) with characters from Happy Days, Henry Winkler's home movies from the series, scripts from the series in .PDF format, memorabilia from the series, and other things should be included.
Easter Eggs (hidden bonus features, appearing as hidden mini-jukeboxes) should be included in the set.
Here are some extra bonus features for this set:
Sitcom: The Adventures of Garry Marshall (1979)
The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang (animated series, 1980-1981, 24 episodes)
Joanie Loves Chachi (1982-1983, 17 episodes)
Pyramid: Marion Ross and Erin Moran (February 2004)
TV Land Moguls: The 1970s: Part II (2004, including Garry Marshall and Happy Days)
Moving Image Salutes Ron Howard (2006)
Tom Bosley on Match Game (1975)
The Mike Douglas Show with Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Don Most, and Anson Williams (September 1974)
The Merv Griffin Show with Henry Winkler (July 1975)
Boy Meets World: I Was A Teenage Spy (1996)
Strong Kids, Safe Kids (1984)
Weezer: Buddy Holly (1994)
Behind the Laughs (1998)
Henry Winkler and Ron Howard on Sesame Street
Excerpt from The 70s: The Decade That Changed Television (2000)
An extensive clip of Tom Bosley as "Fiorello" should be included.
Tributes to Tom Bosley from several news shows should be included.
Animated (interactive) menus with the theme song should be included.
Scene selection menus, chapter stops, and a "Play All" option should be included with all the episodes.
English subtitles should be included with the episodes and special features.
The alternate introductions for "Guess Who's Coming to Christmas", one with Arnold (Pat Morita), and the other with Al (Al Molinaro), should be included.
Both endings for "Shotgun Wedding: Part 1" should be included.
The scene with "The Andy Griffith Show" should be restored to the "My Favorite Orkan" episode.
Both endings for the "My Favorite Orkan" episode should be included.
Both endings for the "Love and Marriage" episode should be included.
A collector's book should be included with the set.
Henry Winkler and Todd Fuller (SitcomsOnline) should be the producers of the set.
A documentary, with clips, on Tom Bosley's career should be included.
Also, this St. Joseph's Aspirin commercial with a clip of Happy Days should be included with "Potsie Quits School":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY6oyGgqMPA
Tom Bosley and Marion Ross (Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham) appeared in the summer of 1998 in commercials promoting the NBC show, Mad About You.
They appeared along with other parents such as Barbara Billingsley (from Leave It To Beaver), Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch), and Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford (George and Louise Jefferson) (from The Jeffersons) to offer advice to Paul and Jamie Buchman on being new parents. In the Bosley/Ross commercial, they talk about financing a good education with a good catchphrase.
These commercials should be included in the box set.
Tom Bosley and Marion Ross's AOL 9.0 commercial should be included.

Last edited by ccmfan91 : 09-07-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Might as well include this in your dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwGQ_w9lgHw
Old 09-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

what a misleading title i thought it was coming out,on dvd
Old 09-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL
what a misleading title i thought it was coming out,on dvd

Don't know if I would call it misleading, there is a ? in the title and this poster has started several threads about dvd or blu-ray sets that have absolutely no chance of ever being released. Go buy a mega-millions ticket because you'll have a better chance of winning than seeing this set released.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
ccmfan91
Occasional Poster

Default Re: Happy Days Complete Series Blu-Ray?

You don't know that this and my other ideas have "absolutely no chance" of being released.
Remember the theme of this (Dreams Can Come True):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EObIFlrabNU
Also, these:
"You never know what Paramount is going to do unless your name happens to be Mr. Paramount and/or you have a crystal ball in working order."
"But a lot of people would like to see it (the Ultimate release on Blu-Ray), and that's what we should be working toward, not going back to square one due to a belief that it "can't be done." Because it can."
If they could do it for Star Trek: The Original Series (and The Next Generation), they can do it for Happy Days.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

As big a proponent I am of Blu-ray and physical media in general, I believe that the future of television collections on home video is digital. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmfan91
You don't know that this and my other ideas have "absolutely no chance" of being released.

If they could do it for Star Trek: The Original Series (and The Next Generation), they can do it for Happy Days.

Trust me, the ideas for the sets you dream about have no chance of ever being released. I might could see a blu-ray Happy Days set someday but not with all the extras that you mentioned.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
televisionarchives
Occasional Poster

I find that some of the sitcoms don't really need to be put out on Blu Ray. DVD is just as good.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 AM   #9
ILuvCarolBurnett
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by televisionarchives
I find that some of the sitcoms don't really need to be put out on Blu Ray. DVD is just as good.

Agreed. Blu-Ray is only beneficial for action movies. Everything else, waste of money. I bought the first season of I Love Lucy on Blu-Ray. Wasn't worth the money.

Also, to release all 255 episodes of Happy Days on Blu-Ray in one release would be so expensive. Plus, so much of the music would have to be taken out due to clearance issues and that would make it not worth the money.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #10
televisionarchives
Occasional Poster

The Andy Griffith show on Blu Ray. Crazy prices and in my opinion not worth it. But Star Trek the original series is with all the extras they have in it.