Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sanford and Son Online / Sanford and Son links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Sanford and Son Photo Gallery


Sanford and Son - Season 1

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 1 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 2

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 2 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 3

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 3 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 4

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 4 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 5

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 5 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 6

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 6 on DVD
Sanford and Son - The Complete Series

Buy Sanford and Son - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Sanford and Son
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets
Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
Antenna TV Fall 2014 Schedule; Cloo Honors Robin Williams with Mork & Mindy Week


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Cloud9 Lorraine
Forum Regular
Member
 
Cloud9 Lorraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 314
Default Donna's double standard

Notice how Donna expected Fred to be so tolerant, patient and understanding when she brought her patient Mr. Wilcox to Fred's for dinner in "Jealousy". But she was very quick to anger when she saw Carol Davis in "Carol and Fred and Donna and Fred".

Although Donna's intentions were different than Fred's, Mr. Wilcox and Ms. Davis's were the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
GARFIELDKOOL
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 Lorraine
Notice how Donna expected Fred to be so tolerant, patient and understanding when she brought her patient Mr. Wilcox to Fred's for dinner in "Jealousy". But she was very quick to anger when she saw Carol Davis in "Carol and Fred and Donna and Fred".

Although Donna's intentions were different than Fred's, Mr. Wilcox and Ms. Davis's were the same.

In episode, "Donna Pops the Question" Donna was seeing another man and was flipping back in forth between that guy and Fred. That was disrepectful, and if you're not true to me, then who needs you?! Fred shouldn't have been in competition to another guy. I liked the Donna character, but she would have been better off as Fred's friend rather than girlfriend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Cloud9 Lorraine
Forum Regular
Member
 
Cloud9 Lorraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARFIELDKOOL
In episode, "Donna Pops the Question" Donna was seeing another man and was flipping back in forth between that guy and Fred. That was disrepectful, and if you're not true to me, then who needs you?! Fred shouldn't have been in competition to another guy. I liked the Donna character, but she would have been better off as Fred's friend rather than girlfriend.

That's right . . . I wasn't even thinking of the time Donna pitted Fred against the other guy, Mel!

I liked Donna's character too. But I thought it was ridiculous in "The Barracuda" Fred and Donna were still calling each other Mr. Sanford and Mrs. Harris, yet they were planning to be married.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
TVFactFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 84,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 Lorraine
Notice how Donna expected Fred to be so tolerant, patient and understanding when she brought her patient Mr. Wilcox to Fred's for dinner in "Jealousy". But she was very quick to anger when she saw Carol Davis in "Carol and Fred and Donna and Fred".

Although Donna's intentions were different than Fred's, Mr. Wilcox and Ms. Davis's were the same.


I don't want to gender bash but that's how most women are in real life. Whatever a man does has to be criticized but when she does the same thing it has to be accepted and over looked
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
TVFactFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 84,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARFIELDKOOL
In episode, "Donna Pops the Question" Donna was seeing another man and was flipping back in forth between that guy and Fred. That was disrepectful, and if you're not true to me, then who needs you?! Fred shouldn't have been in competition to another guy. I liked the Donna character, but she would have been better off as Fred's friend rather than girlfriend.


Then remember when her dumb A$$ is pressuring Fred to marry her because some other dude proposed???

I would have been like.........."Get the F*ck out of my house right now"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
GARFIELDKOOL
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I don't want to gender bash but that's how most women are in real life. Whatever a man does has to be criticized but when she does the same thing it has to be accepted and over looked

I know what you mean. a little off topic, but this chick I was trying to date wouldn't give me the time of day. I was real persistant and was told by others to let her go and move on. She wanted to be single or I was told. On the flip side, this women wanted to date me, but I wasn't feeling her. She was nice and everything, but I just saw her as associate. I was criticized for not giving her a chance, and was told I should have went out with her. Not to sound sexist either, but why is it all about how the woman feels?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
GARFIELDKOOL
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Then remember when her dumb A$$ is pressuring Fred to marry her because some other dude proposed???

I would have been like.........."Get the F*ck out of my house right now"


yeah Fred should have moved on from her at that point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
rollo's girl
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2011
Location: kentucky
Posts: 115
Default

whoa there guys! Here is the situation from a woman's perspective. Fred downright LIED about the whole situation with Carol, overriding plans already made with Donna to spend time with her. IMO, he used both of them, because both were unaware of the other til Lamont got his nose in on the deal. And even after everything was smoothed over with Donna (who should have been the one to tell FRED to get lost, who needs a liar?), he immediately tried to make another date with Carol. And in the situation with Mel, the guy who asked Donna to marry him, if Fred didn't, like she said, ever intend to marry her, why not go out with another guy? Fred was just one of those people who wanted his cake and eat it, too. If you ask me, this is just one more time when Fred, God love him, was his usual selfish, conniving, deceitful self, not wanting Donna to move on to another and have some happiness, but not wanting to commit to her himself, knowing full well how much she loved and cared for him. I think he didn't want Donna for a choice, just an option. Tell me what woman, or man, for that matter, wants to be used as an option? Just my two cents.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
TVFactFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 84,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARFIELDKOOL
yeah Fred should have moved on from her at that point.



Any man should have
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
GARFIELDKOOL
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo's girl
whoa there guys! Here is the situation from a woman's perspective. Fred downright LIED about the whole situation with Carol, overriding plans already made with Donna to spend time with her. IMO, he used both of them, because both were unaware of the other til Lamont got his nose in on the deal. And even after everything was smoothed over with Donna (who should have been the one to tell FRED to get lost, who needs a liar?), he immediately tried to make another date with Carol. And in the situation with Mel, the guy who asked Donna to marry him, if Fred didn't, like she said, ever intend to marry her, why not go out with another guy? Fred was just one of those people who wanted his cake and eat it, too. If you ask me, this is just one more time when Fred, God love him, was his usual selfish, conniving, deceitful self, not wanting Donna to move on to another and have some happiness, but not wanting to commit to her himself, knowing full well how much she loved and cared for him. I think he didn't want Donna for a choice, just an option. Tell me what woman, or man, for that matter, wants to be used as an option? Just my two cents.


You do make good points, but remember in Carol, Donna wouldn't found out if it weren't for Lamont. I'm not saying it's ok to cheat, but in that case, it kind of fell on to Fred's lap unexpectantly. He didn't really cheat, he just wanted to have dinner with a woman from his hometown, nothing more, nothing less. Lamont's punk ass blew that cover.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
Cloud9 Lorraine
Forum Regular
Member
 
Cloud9 Lorraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARFIELDKOOL
He didn't really cheat, he just wanted to have dinner with a woman from his hometown, nothing more, nothing less. Lamont's punk ass blew that cover.

I don't think Fred's intentions were quite that pure. He was arranging a date with an attractive woman and whether it became more or less remained to be seen. It's still cheating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
TVFactFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 84,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 Lorraine
I don't think Fred's intentions were quite that pure. He was arranging a date with an attractive woman and whether it became more or less remained to be seen. It's still cheating.



Yeah I agree, Fred saw Carol as a BETTER option which is what everyone does all over America in 2012 which is why the websites below will always be in business

Match.com
Eharmony
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
Frump
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 06, 2003
Location: McMinnville
Posts: 1,203
Default

I think it's a commun double standard, it's usually not looked at as bad for a woman to cheat as it is for a man to.

Like if a woman has a fantasy crush and her bf gets jelouse he's looked at as an immature jerk, BUT if the bf has a fantasy crush he is STILL looked at as scum lol
__________________
Frump
  Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.