Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

I Love Lucy (Sitcoms Online) / I Love Lucy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / I Love Lucy Photo Gallery

I Love Lucy - The Complete First Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete First Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Second Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Second Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Third Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Third Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Seventh-Ninth Seasons (The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour)

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Seventh-Ninth Seasons on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Series

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Series on DVD
I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 1 (Blu-ray)

Buy I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 1 on Blu-ray

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > I Love Lucy
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Charlie Sheen to Appear in The Goldbergs, and Possibly Two and a Half Men?; Becker Finished on DVD
ION Television Expands Hours in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 22, 2014)
FXX to Launch New Late Night Animation Block; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star to Host Fox Show
Bounce Acquires Sitcoms for January 2015, Roc, Different World, Parent 'Hood, Hughleys; ABC Family Picks Up New Drama Recovery Road
Nick at Nite Adds Everybody Loves Raymond January 1; George Lopez Hosts CW Dog Show
NBC Midseason 2015 Schedule with One Big Happy, Undateable, etc; FX Orders Donald Glover Pilot
Week 12 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
Yong Fang
Forum Regular

Default What is Lucy's grandchildren doing now?

Maybe a difficult question because they probably live in obscurity.

What are Lucille Ball's grandchildren doing now? Are there any mature pictures of them?

Looking at Luci Arnez (Lucy's daughter with some Cuban guy) in bold

She has been twice married, to Phil Vandervort (July 17, 1971 1977) and Laurence Luckinbill (June 22, 1980 present).

She and actor-writer Luckinbill have three children together: Simon, Joseph and Katharine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucie_Arnaz

Desi Arnez Jr. per Wikipedia only states that he had one child under interesting circumstances. From Wiki:

When Arnaz Jr. was only 15 years old he got a 15-year-old Suzanne Howe (Callahan) pregnant and she gave birth to a baby named Julia Arnaz who later married Timothy E. Cook (1963-2012).[6] This child was kept secret for decades, and it was later confirmed by a court-ordered DNA test that she was Arnaz Jr.'s child. It is not known whether Lucille Ball or Desi Senior knew about their first grandchild.[7]

My question is, how in the hell could a 15 year old boy keep this from his parents, impregnating a girl his age? What about the girl's parents? Lucille and Desi were one of the richest people in Hollywood. This was also around 1968. Where is Julia now? Was she adopted out? Does an unwanted child of an heir to a fortune be entitled to that fortune? Wiki does not state that he had any additional children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desi_Arnaz,_Jr.

I would think that the Ball estate has generated revenue for the past 60 years which means that the decendents should be very rich, especially from I Love Lucy reruns. In hindsight, was selling Desilu foolish? From what I have read, Lucy was good with money and she was on TV from 1951 to 1974 almost continuously, while Desi, especially after Desilu spent his money. I remember Desi doing a guest role on the TV show Alice before he died.

So, what is going on with Lucy's kids now, and what are the grandchildren doing? And are they still filthy rich?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong Fang
Maybe a difficult question because they probably live in obscurity.

What are Lucille Ball's grandchildren doing now? Are there any mature pictures of them?

Lucille Ball's three grandchildren by her daughter are all adults now and live mostly private lives. The youngest, Katie Luckinbill, got a degree in dramatic arts (or something similar) and is a performer. She has at least a couple film acting credits to her name: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2494617/

Quote:
Looking at Luci Arnez (Lucy's daughter with some Cuban guy) in bold

Her name is Lucie Arnaz. There is no "e" in Arnaz.

Quote:
Desi Arnez Jr. per Wikipedia only states that he had one child under interesting circumstances. From Wiki:

When Arnaz Jr. was only 15 years old he got a 15-year-old Suzanne Howe (Callahan) pregnant and she gave birth to a baby named Julia Arnaz who later married Timothy E. Cook (1963-2012).[6] This child was kept secret for decades, and it was later confirmed by a court-ordered DNA test that she was Arnaz Jr.'s child. It is not known whether Lucille Ball or Desi Senior knew about their first grandchild.[7]

That entry is partially inaccurate. Her name is Susan, not Suzanne. And she is 66 now, so she was apparently about 22 at the time (1968), not 15:

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?...e&pcode=YIVWON

http://www.peoplefinders.com/search/...mpaign=results

Julia is not so secret these days, and has been seen at the Lucy-Desi Days in Jamestown. That's horribly tragic and sad about her husband.

Quote:
Wiki does not state that he had any additional children.

Desi Jr. has a step-daughter, Haley, with his wife of 24 years, Amy.

Quote:
I would think that the Ball estate has generated revenue for the past 60 years which means that the decendents should be very rich, especially from I Love Lucy reruns.

They are wealthy, but not from I Love Lucy reruns as CBS has owned them since Desi Arnaz sold the entire I Love Lucy series to CBS in the late '50s. It was from the revenue of that sale that he was able to buy RKO Studios, which enabled the enormous expansion of Desilu, which not only produced many shows, but was landlord to many other production companies who filmed there in the late '50s and throughout the '60s.

Quote:
In hindsight, was selling Desilu foolish? From what I have read, Lucy was good with money and she was on TV from 1951 to 1974 almost continuously, while Desi, especially after Desilu spent his money. I remember Desi doing a guest role on the TV show Alice before he died.

She sold Desilu in exchange for stock in Gulf & Western (which already owned Paramount Pictures and changed the name of Desilu to Paramount Television). After divesting of a number of non-entertainment business, Gulf & Western later became Paramount Communications Inc., and was eventually bought by Viacom, owner of CBS. I don't know whether Lucille Ball (or her children, who inherited her properties) ever cashed out that stock, but the company has done well enough that the stock would be worth quite a lot of money, and probably grew very substantially from the $17 million value at the time of the Desilu acquisition in 1967, so I don't think anyone in the family would consider the sale foolish. Besides, Lucille Ball didn't enjoy running a business and just wanted to perform. That sale took a great weight off her shoulders.

Last edited by LittleRickyII : 08-19-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
lucyandethel
Forum Regular

It has been reported Desilu was running into some financial difficulties by 1966, so that could have prompted the sale as well. Along with rumors that Gary Morton had ran up some significant debt as reported by those working within the company at the time.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
AB
Forum Celebrity

Thanks for all the interesting information. I always wondered if any of the family was still involved in the entertainment industry.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyandethel
It has been reported Desilu was running into some financial difficulties by 1966, so that could have prompted the sale as well.

Desilu was having financial trouble several years before 1966. It was in the early '60s, around the time Desi Arnaz sold out his share in the company, that the company was struggling. Desilu at that time was having difficulty selling shows to the networks. This is the main reason The Lucy Show was created, as the company was having trouble getting much else on the air. But by 1967 when Desilu was sold, Lucille Ball had turned the company around and had several big hits, including Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, Mannix, as well as her own show. With the company finally profitable and valuable again, Lucille Ball decided it was the opportune time to get out, so she sold the company and became super wealthy as a result. She sold her shares for $17 million 1967 dollars, which is the equivalent of $116 million dollars today. Not a bad pay day.

Last edited by LittleRickyII : 09-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.