Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Would you like to see this released on DVD?
Yes 13 100.00%
No 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
ccmfan91
Occasional Poster

Default Happy Days: The Complete Series: The Ultimate Edition?

To CBS Home Entertainment:
Can you release a Complete Series DVD box set of "Happy Days" (1974-1984)?
There are several fans who want to see a Complete Series DVD box set of Happy Days this year.
All 255 episodes should be digitally restored and remastered (from the original film elements) in high definition (1080p), and they should be unedited.
The original Paramount Television logos should be included at the end of the episodes.
All the 1950s/1960s music that was used in the series should be cleared, so the episodes can be unaltered.
“Rock Around the Clock” should be restored to the opening credits for Season 2.
Garry Marshall wants all the original music to be included in the episodes.
The episodes that originally aired after "Passages" (the final episode) should be included before it in the DVD set.
Bonus features, new and old, should be included in the set, including TV spots (from ABC, syndication, Nick at Nite, TV Land, WGN, Me-TV, and INSP), ABC bumpers, commercials with the cast, a PSA with the cast about leukemia, mistakes in the episodes, new episode introductions from Garry Marshall and the cast, unreleased bloopers, cast interviews (including lengthy excerpts from Tom Bosley, Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Marion Ross, Pat Morita, and Garry Marshall's interviews with the Archive of American Television), audio/text commentaries, photo galleries, documentaries (including TVography: Happy Days (2001), Entertainment Tonight in TV Land: Secrets of Happy Days (1999), Biography: Happy Days (2003), Henry Winkler Meets William Shakespeare (1977), the Biographies of Henry Winkler (2000) and Ron Howard (1999/2008), and all-new documentaries), text biographies of the cast, reunion specials (1992/2005), lists of music and guest stars in the episodes, production notes (noting inside jokes, pop culture references, and behind-the-scenes information), both versions of the pilot (New Family in Town (1971), and Love and the Happy Days (1972)), episodes of Laverne and Shirley (and the Mork and Mindy pilot) with characters from Happy Days, Henry Winkler's home movies from the series, scripts from the series in .PDF format, memorabilia from the series, and other things should be included.
Easter Eggs (hidden bonus features, appearing as hidden mini-jukeboxes) should be included in the set.
Here are some extra bonus features for this set:
Sitcom: The Adventures of Garry Marshall (1979)
The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang (animated series, 1980-1981, 24 episodes)
Joanie Loves Chachi (1982-1983, 17 episodes)
Pyramid: Marion Ross and Erin Moran (February 2004)
TV Land Moguls: The 1970s: Part II (2004, including Garry Marshall and Happy Days)
Moving Image Salutes Ron Howard (2006)
Tom Bosley on Match Game (1975)
The Mike Douglas Show with Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Don Most, and Anson Williams (September 1974)
The Merv Griffin Show with Henry Winkler (July 1975)
Boy Meets World: I Was A Teenage Spy (1996)
Strong Kids, Safe Kids (1984)
Weezer: Buddy Holly (1994)
Behind the Laughs (1998)
Henry Winkler and Ron Howard on Sesame Street
Excerpt from The 70s: The Decade That Changed Television (2000)
An extensive clip of Tom Bosley as "Fiorello" should be included.
Tributes to Tom Bosley from several news shows should be included.
Animated (interactive) menus with the theme song should be included.
Scene selection menus, chapter stops, and a "Play All" option should be included with all the episodes.
English subtitles should be included with the episodes and special features.
The alternate introductions for "Guess Who's Coming to Christmas", one with Arnold (Pat Morita), and the other with Al (Al Molinaro), should
be included.
Both endings for "Shotgun Wedding: Part 1" should be included.
The scene with "The Andy Griffith Show" should be restored to the "My Favorite Orkan" episode.
Both endings for the "My Favorite Orkan" episode should be included.
Both endings for the "Love and Marriage" episode should be included.
A collector's book should be included with the set.
Henry Winkler and Todd Fuller (SitcomsOnline) should be the producers of the set.
A documentary, with clips, on Tom Bosley's career should be included.
Also, this St. Joseph's Aspirin commercial with a clip of Happy Days should be included with "Potsie Quits School":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY6oyGgqMPA

Last edited by ccmfan91 : 06-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Leslie Eckhardt
Banned!!
Banned

This is the most totally unrealistic expectation for a TV on DVD set that I have ever seen.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
ccmfan91
Occasional Poster

Default Re: Happy Days: The Complete Series: The Ultimate Edition?

It's not completely unrealistic.
There are a lot of people who would like to see this set happen.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i think we will be more likely to see any future sets available as download or streaming versions before they release any more physical dvd versions of anything Happy Days -related

it would be awesome to see a complete series set, but I think it would be impossible, except maybe in Germany.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I don't think eps need to be remastered in HD. As long as it's clear enough to watch and the eps are uncut that should be enough.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

The bonus features alone would fill up their own box set.

We'll be lucky if we get no-frills/episode-only season box sets, much less something like this.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

The main thing that should be on the bonus DVD set is part 2 of shotgun wedding.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
The main thing that should be on the bonus DVD set is part 2 of shotgun wedding.

And the Happy Days episode should have the original cliffhanger ending.

The most important thing is to have the original, unedited episodes with original music.

Beyond that, I think a more realistic expectation for bonus features would be to have the aforementioned "Shotgun Wedding" conclusion that aired as an episode of Laverne & Shirley, the original pilots, some bloopers and a behind-the-scenes documentary.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

The rights to acquire all the bonus features would probably be more than the national debt.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Bloopers would be way down on the list for a bonus feature since HD has so much to get straight with the music right and other eps that concluded on L&S
Old 06-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Now that I think of it, wasn't there a fourth season episode that crossed over into a Laverne & Shirley episode? It was the one where Fonzie's friend's pregnant wife Louisa visits and has her baby while visiting.

Didn't Laverne & Shirley end up watching the newborn in an episode? I'm not even sure if any HD cast members appeared in the episode, but I think the character of Louisa did.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Now that I think of it, wasn't there a fourth season episode that crossed over into a Laverne & Shirley episode? It was the one where Fonzie's friend's pregnant wife Louisa visits and has her baby while visiting.

Didn't Laverne & Shirley end up watching the newborn in an episode? I'm not even sure if any HD cast members appeared in the episode, but I think the character of Louisa did.

It was a season 2 ep of laverne and shirley and fonzie make a guest appearance alone.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #13
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I don't think eps need to be remastered in HD. As long as it's clear enough to watch and the eps are uncut that should be enough.
Agreed. It wasn't shot in HD, so it should not be presented in HD. I'm still not a big fan of seeing Seinfeld in widescreen HD on TV.

Plus, the cost is going to be high enough with all of the music. Just think what a Blu Ray box set of this series would cost with ONLY the uncut episodes.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
thebigcookie

I think this is really going overboard. It is impossible that there would ever be a set like this. But I do wish CBS Paramount would hurry up and release the rest of the Happy Days seasons individually and then maybe a complete series set with maybe a few bonuses, but nothing like you are describing would ever happen.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

I wouldn't mind seeing a Joanie Loves Chachi episode with commentary by Scott Baio.

He once described that series as a "cesspool," so I think hearing him bash an episode would be funny.