Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "Death Valley" Update

From the SCREAM Factory's Facebook:

Soon you can take a trip to Death Valley! Here's an exclusive first look at the official DVD & Blu-ray combo pack design which incorporates the original theatrical key art.

This 1982 film stars Peter Billingsley (before he wore a pink bunny suit as 'Ralphie' in A Christmas Story) and has never been on DVD or Blu-ray before.

Keep checking back here within the next few weeks for an update on street date and preorder links.

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "Terror Train" Update

Calling all Terror Train fans! Check out our final list of extras that will be on our DVD/Blu-ray combo scheduled for a 10/16 release date:

- Destination Death - An interview with Producer Daniel Grodnik

- Riding The Rails - An interview with Production Executive Don Carmody

- All Aboard! - An interview with Production Designer Glenn Bydwell

- Music For Murder - An interview with Composer John Mills-Cockell

- Original Theatrical Trailer and TV spot

- Still Gallery with Rare Photos

Old 08-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG

Soon you can take a trip to Death Valley! Here's an exclusive first look at the official DVD & Blu-ray combo pack design which incorporates the original theatrical key art.

This 1982 film stars Peter Billingsley (before he wore a pink bunny suit as 'Ralphie' in A Christmas Story) and has never been on DVD or Blu-ray before.

Keep checking back here within the next few weeks for an update on street date and preorder links.

FINALLY!!! This was always one of my favorites.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "Deadly Blessing" Update

Wes Craven's underrated Deadly Blessing from 1981 is coming soon.

More info to come in late Sept / early Oct.

Attached Images

Old 09-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "Death Valley" Update

Take a ride into 1982's Death Valley! Streets December 11th.

We're very excited here as the film has never been released on DVD or Blu-ray before.

You can the preorder it now on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Death-Valley-B...Valley+blu-ray

It will also be available at ScreamFactoryDVD.com and other fine online retailers soon.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "The Island" Update

This December, take a vacation on 1980's The Island! Streets December 11th.

Peter Benchley, Pirates, Michael Caine...what more can you ask for?

You can the preorder it now on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Island-Blu-ray...+blu-ray+caine

It will also be available at ScreamFactoryDVD.com and other fine online retailers soon.

http://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "They Live" Update

Check out our final list of extras that will be on our DVD and Blu-ray of They Live which releases (coincidentally) on Election Day (11/6):

- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director John Carpenter and Actor Roddy Piper

- Independent Thoughts: A new interview with Writer/Director John Carpenter

- Man vs. Aliens: An interview with Actor Keith David

- Woman of Mystery: An interview with Actress Meg Foster

- Watch, Look, Listen: The Sights & Sounds of “They Live”: A look at the visual style, stunts and music from the film with Director of Photography Gary B. Kibbe, Stunt Coordinator Jeff Imada, and Co-Composer Alan Howarth

- 2012 Cast Reunion Q&A with Roddy Piper, Keith David, and Meg Foster. Presented by Ain’t It Cool News and Texas Frightmare Weekend.

- Original EPK: The Making of “They Live”

- Never-Before-Seen Footage from the Commercials created for the film

- Original Theatrical Trailer

- TV Spots

- Still Gallery

Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG

This December, take a vacation on 1980's The Island! Streets December 11th.

Peter Benchley, Pirates, Michael Caine...what more can you ask for?

You can the preorder it now on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Island-Blu-ray...+blu-ray+caine

Sweet! I love this movie!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #24
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "TerrorVision", "The Nest" Updates

For the next couple of months on Fridays we'll reveal a title planned for a future release which is part of a new licensing deal we struck. The first out of the crate are TerrorVision (1986) and The Nest (1988)

The highly-requested TerrorVision has never been on DVD format before and The Nest has never been released in a widescreen presentation. That will all change soon. :-)

Check back with us next Fri for another release scoop.

And keep checking back with us regularly for more release specific details on TerrorVision and The Nest.

Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #25
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie Full Info. for "Halloween II" and "Halloween III"

Halloween II (1981) DVD/Blu-ray
9/18/2012

Picking up exactly where the first film left off, Halloween II follows the same ill-fated characters as they once again encounter the knife-wielding maniac they thought they had left for dead.

It seems the inhuman Michael Myers is still very much alive and out for more revenge as he stalks the deserted halls of the Haddonfield Memorial Hospital. As he gets closer to his main target, Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) discovers the chilling mystery behind the crazed psychopath’s actions.

Written by John Carpenter and Debra Hill, Halloween II is a spine-tingling dark ride into the scariest night of the year.

Special Features:

- Audio Commentary with Director Rick Rosenthal

- Audio Commentary with Stunt Co-ordinator/Actor Dick Warlock

- "The Nightmare Isn’t Over – The Making Of Halloween II", featuring:

Director Rick Rosenthal
Actor & Stunt Coordinator Dick Warlock ("The Shape")
Actor Lance Guest ("Jimmy")
Actor Leo Rossi ("Bud")
Actress Nancy Stephens ("Marion")
Actress Ana Alicia ("Janet")
Actress Tawny Moyer ("Jill")
Executive Producer Irwin Yablans
Director of Photography Dean Cundey
Co-Composer Alan Howarth
Costume Supervisor Jane Ruhm
Co-Editor Skip Schoolnik
Filmmaker Tommy Lee Wallace

- "Horror’s Hallowed Grounds": Revisiting the original shooting locations

- Still Gallery

- Theatrical Trailer, TV and Radio Spots

- Both the DVD and Blu-ray will have a 2nd DVD disc that includes the rare TV version of H2; including different edits of the film and original, deleted footage not seen in the theatrical version.

- Both the DVD and Blu-ray will feature a reversible cover featuring the original theatrical artwork:

Order the 'Halloween II' DVD or Blu-ray directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive Haddonfield Memorial Hospital paper nurse's hat!

Less than 500 have been made, so these are only available while supplies last.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) DVD/Blu-ray
9/18/2012

When a terrified toy salesman is mysteriously attacked and brought to the hospital, babbling and clutching the year’s most popular Halloween costume — an eerie pumpkin mask — Dr. Daniel Challis (Tom Atkins) is thrust into a terrifying Halloween nightmare.

Working with the salesman’s daughter, Ellie (Stacey Nelkin), Daniel traces the mask to the Silver Shamrock Novelties company and its founder, Conal Cochran (Dan O’Herlihy).

Ellie and Daniel uncover Cochran’s shocking Halloween plan and must stop him before trick-or-treaters across the country are kept from ever coming home in this terrifying thriller from writer/director Tommy Lee Wallace.

Special Features:

- Audio Commentary with Director Tommy Lee Wallace

- Audio Commentary with Actor Tom Atkins

- "Stand Alone: The Making Of Halloween III: Season of the Witch" featuring:

Writer/Director Tommy Lee Wallace
Actress Stacey Nelkin
Actor Brad Schachter
Stunt Coordinator Dick Warlock
Executive Producer Irwin Yablans
Director of Photography Dean Cundey
Co-Composer Alan Howarth
Costume Supervisor Jane Ruhm
Visual Effects Artist Sam Nicholson

- "Horror’s Hallowed Grounds": Revisiting the original shooting locations

- Still Gallery

- Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

- Both the DVD and Blu-ray will feature a reversible cover featuring the original theatrical artwork:

Order the 'Halloween III: Season of the Witch' DVD/ or Blu-ray directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive 18"x24" poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork!

Less than 500 have been printed, so these are only available while supplies last

Last edited by JamesG : 09-18-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #26
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

We Talk Halloween, Funhouse and More With Scream Factory
by Lawrence P. Raffel
September 20, 2012

Halloween 2 & 3, TerrorVision, The Funhouse and other forgotten gems like Death Valley and The Island, these are all films that Cliff MacMillan holds near and dear to his heart.

Cliff is the one responsible for bringing us all of these great titles to DVD/Blu-ray through Shout! Factory's genre arm, Scream Factory and Cliff is the first to admit that he might be being a little bit selfish in his work.

But these titles are just the tip of the iceberg for what Scream Factory has in store for us. We grabbed a few minutes with Cliff to talk about Shout Factory's recent and future genre output.

Here's what he had to say...

Why did Scream Factory release their Halloween 2 Blu-ray so close to Universal's?

This kind of shows how long it takes sometimes to get deals done. When I had my original meeting with Universal, the first thing they said was that they were gonna do Halloween 2 themselves. So that shows just how long this deal took to get done, they hadn't even started when we sat down, and we said we'd still like to do the title. They even told us they were putting Terror in the Aisles on it and so forth.

We knew that they weren't going to do any special features so we thought it was still worthwhile to do the title because nobody has heard a lot of these people talking about the film before. It still seemed like a worthwhile title for us even though we knew they were going to be doing it.

Is this a new transfer for Halloween 2 or did you use the same elements as Universal?

We used their high definition transfer but we went back into the studio and cleaned up the dirt and the mix. Things people had mentioned (about the original release) because we knew we had to add a little something more to the release, especially the transfer.

There wasn't time to do a whole new Hi-Def transfer, I thought that their transfer was pretty good it just needed to be cleaned up a bit.

Can you talk a little about how you plan/choose bonus features?

I'm pretty big on the more the merrier so from the get go I just sit down with Micahel Felsher from Red Shirt Pictures and we try and figure a way that we're gonna attack the release. I've heard on forums and so forth people say, "well why didn't you put the extra footage from the TV version back in, and do a whole new cut of the movie?" It would be really expensive to do that and sometimes that material doesn't exist anymore.

I lucked out because I did ask Universal if they had the H2 TV cut because I fondly remember watching it and they came back and said no, we don't have any TV master. They said that they do have some sort of AMC master but they thought it was just the movie with the gore cut out and not the scenes added back in.

I said burn me a DVD so they sent it to me and I could tell right away it wasn't just that it was the original 1982 TV cut with the scenes added back in. So you know that was the only available master and we can't cut 4X3 material into 16X9 from that master it just wouldn't look good. I wouldn't even try that. Sometimes the fans are asking for things that just don't exist unfortunately.

You reach out to all the talent, I tried 2 routes to get to Jamie Lee Curtis and she just flat out wouldn't talk about it. John Carpenter wouldn't talk about the movie (H2), he only wants to talk about movies he directed which I understand, but it's still a shame.

We reached out to a lot of people, we tried really hard to get as many people as we can to talk about the film that are willing to do it.

I would've thought that with the resurgance of VHS that people would embrace the full frame TV version.

That's what I thought! Just as a consumer I would have been really excited to get that TV version but there were a lot of complaints!

New artwork is really popular now with the likes of Mondo out there, how are the fans reacting to your new designs?

Yeah, most of them want just the original artwork. We are getting some fans that love the new artwork but I think in most cases it's really about the original poster artwork.

It's funny you mention Mondo which was my inspiration for doing the new cover art, people say, "Oh, they're just copying arrow", well no, it wasn't where I got my inspiration, it was from my love of the Mondo designs.

I'm hearing they like the fact that they can flip the card around and have both.

With Halloween 3 did you know there was a built in audience or did you think you were taking a risk?

A lot of it is because I'm selfish (laughs) and I want to put them out because I love the movies but no, I knew that Halloween 3 had a real following so it was automatically on the list I had presented to Universal, hoping that they would liscence us some titles.

It's so under-rated, you almost want to take Halloween off the title and call it "Season of the Witch". Along with The Funhouse which I feel is really under-rated and is a great Tobe Hooper film.

As a bonus feature?

Yeah, it didn't amount to a whole lot of footage but it is good. And at least you get to see it. I think it might be 3 scenes. There's more with William Finely which is great, it's a shame they cut it out, but it's on there.

What else can we expect from The Funhouse?

The one thing I wanted to strive for was to get Tobe Hooper on there and I know Tim Sullivan (2001 Maniacs) was a good friend with Tobe so I asked Tim if he wanted to moderate a commentary and get Tobe to do The Funhouse and he was very excited. That I think is a great extra.

We tried to find the cast but a lot of the folks we couldn't get like Elizabeth Barrage or Cooper Huckabee, we tried but most of them just never responded to us.

But at the last minute we were able to get Kevin Conaway which was a big coup, he did a great interview.

How do you go about selecting titles?

I'm a huge horror fan so I do go out and look for things I grew up and loved but at the same time you have to find titles that are going to sell X amount of units.

On our Facebook page we hear people come up with some amazingly obscure titles and they need to realize this still is a business and we need to pick titles that will sell so we can stay in business.

Next year you'll see big titles that will help us to sell but also a lot of obscure titles and a lot of titles people have been asking for years and years.

How many releases a year should we expect?

2 - 3 a month starting in Feb. Around Halloween we may do a few more to keep the horror fans happy.

Can we expect any special edition packaging?

I'd really like to it's just so expensive, I'd love to do steelbooks, but you really have to do quite a few of them to get the price down low enough.

There is a box set for next Halloween, and I'm hoping to do some deluxe packaging for that, should be cool.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/intervie...scream-factory
Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
Myles
Frequent Poster
Shades of Green

Wow, this is so exciting! I'm a huge Halloween fan. Great bonus features and the cover art work on these releases is amazing. I'm hearing that silver shamrock theme already.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #28
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie "Deadly Blessing", "The Nest" Updates

*EXCLUSIVE NEW KEY ART REVEAL*

Get ready for snakes, spiders, stabbings and shocks with 1981's Deadly Blessing directed by the one-and-only Wes Craven.

This underrated cult classic has never been released in the U.S. on DVD or Blu-ray before so we're especially excited to be able to present this to you for the first time on these formats--and as a Collector's Edition too!

Extras and street date to be announced at a further date.

In case you're curious, the artist behind this cool interpretation is Nathan Thomas Milliner--who also graced us with the artwork for Halloween II & III, The Funhouse and Terror Train.

We also have the cover-art for 1988's The Nest.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie New Announcement - "Prison" (1988)

** EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT**

We're proud to share that Prison (1988) -- starring Viggo Mortensen and directed by Renny Harlin (Die Hard 2, Deep Blue Sea) -- is finally coming to DVD and Blu-ray from us in 2013.

Check back with us next Fri for another release scoop.

And keep checking back with us regularly for more release specific details on Prison. Happy Friday!

Attached Images

Old 09-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #30
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie New Announcement - "The Video Dead" (1987)

** EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT**

The much-demanded The Video Dead (1987) -- with zombies that come out of a TV set - is finally coming out in 2013.

Check back with us next Fri for another release scoop. And keep checking back with us regularly for more release specific details on The Video Dead.

Attached Images