Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #31
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post A Cool 'Question & Answer' Article...

AFTER 14 YEARS, SYLVIA HUTTON BLENDS AUTHENTICITY AND FAMILY TIES INTO NEW ALBUM
October 10, 2016

by TYLER KES

Life can take you on a very strange and very difficult-to-predict journey. While that is true for just about everyone, it seems to be a little bit more true for those in the music industry.

Take Sylvia Hutton for example. In 1983, she was winning the Academy of Country Music Award for Female Vocalist of the Year, on the strength of her hit, “Nobody.”

After the release of her 2002 album "A Cradle in Bethlehem", Hutton said that she was feeling a little burnt out with the whole thing, and decided to take a break to focus on writing and getting closer to the music, the result of which is her new, upcoming album: "It’s All in the Family".

The album itself is a bit of a throwback, featuring more down-to-earth, homespun and authentic sounding country music than what you’re likely to find playing on the radio these days.

Now, on the eve of the release of her first album in 14 years, Sylvia spoke with The Contributor about the album, and why it’s her most personal album to date.

Please click on the link below for the complete article.

http://thecontributor.org/2016/10/af...nto-new-album/
Old 10-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #32
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up "Nashville Country Weekly" with Sylvia...

It's fun to share new things about Sylvia with you all. I really appreciate this website and being able to post exciting things that I find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fLa2iV7b74
Old 10-24-2016, 01:50 AM   #33
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed1980
Thank you, Bestie!

That's so nice to know you thought of me upon hearing Sylvia singing "Nobody" on your CD. I really appreciate you providing that information.

I have a couple of questions. Was that CD released this year? Does it contain any photos of Sylvia?
The 80's Country Crossovers cd that I have was released in 2009 and was part of Target's Mix Your Style series "Also known as the Pure Gold Series" and to answer your question the cover of the 80's Country Crossovers does not have photos of Sylvia but the singers that the cd whose photos are featured on the cover are Ronnie Milsap The Judds and Kenny Rogers
Thanks for replying to me Tumbleweed1980
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 10-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #34
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
The 80's Country Crossovers cd that I have was released in 2009 and was part of Target's Mix Your Style series "Also known as the Pure Gold Series" and to answer your question the cover of the 80's Country Crossovers does not have photos of Sylvia but the singers that the cd whose photos are featured on the cover are Ronnie Milsap The Judds and Kenny Rogers
Thanks for replying to me Tumbleweed1980
Bestie
Hi Bestie,

Thank you so much for filling me in with the details. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you have that CD.

I'm about to post a recent video of Sylvia at a party celebrating the release of her beautiful new, "It's All in the Family" CD, and she sings "Nobody", too!!
Old 10-24-2016, 04:19 PM   #35
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Music Release Party for Sylvia's NEW CD...

https://digitalrodeo.com/news/video-...its-all-family
Old 10-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #36
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post Sylvia on WSM-AM 650 Tonight...

Sylvia is scheduled to be Eddie Stubbs' guest TONIGHT (Monday, Oct. 24th) LIVE on WSM-AM 650 at 8:00 p.m. (CST). I apologize for the short notice. They will be talking about her new album and playing songs from it. So I hope you can tune in!!! I definitely will be!!

www.WSMonline.com
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2016, 11:57 PM   #37
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Wow! That was probably one of the best interviews I've ever heard. Sylvia shared so much about her life and how her new amazing album project came to be.

That's the first time I've ever heard her say she felt like the music business left her. That was her response to Eddie asking about and referring to her leaving the music business. I always felt that way too, regarding the music business leaving her. So it was interesting to hear that, with some sadness mixed in.

They closed out the interview with a beautiful and powerful song, which I wrote about in my recent review, that I posted a few weeks ago on CDBaby. I thought I'd share a portion of it here...

"Do Not Cry For Me" is very close to my heart. It reminds me of how my mom wanted things as she was leaving this earth. I miss her more than ever. She used to sometimes call me "darlin'", so that just adds to it and makes the connection I have to this song even stronger.

My precious mom passed away peacefully at my little brother's place in Seattle. She didn't want a funeral where people would publicly cry for her. So just a few of us had a gathering where we brought our favorite pictures and shared our memories of mom.

She wrote her own obituary and sent it to one of her friends a few months before she passed away. I didn't know she had done that until the night of her passing when I read it for the first time.

Mom's love and sense of humor came through as if she was right here talking to me. It was extremely sad, but at the same time I was comforted by what she wrote. The same way I'm comforted by Sylvia's sweet words and singing. It's amazing Sylvia always seems to know what I need to hear for the healing process. I love this beautiful song so very much!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #38
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post It's December 9th, Sylvia's Birthday!

I'd like to send Happy Birthday wishes to Sylvia!!

Also, I'd like to include a few of my favorite songs from her amazing Christmas album, "A Cradle in Bethlehem", that was released in 2002.

In the summer of 2001, Sylvia surprised a bunch of us long-distance travelers in Jackpot, Nevada when she set up a 'listening party' of her “A Cradle in Bethlehem” CD. She told us she didn't know if it would ever be released, but she wanted to share it with us. My mom also really loved Sylvia's singing and especially this Christmas album, and particularly, “Ave` Maria”.

Sylvia recorded this album in 1999 around Christmastime and unfortunately, it was held up for a couple years due to new ownership at the record label and Sylvia's album got caught in the middle of that.

She was finally able to buy the master tape from the record company and released it on her own label, Red Pony Records in 2002. My mom and I were so grateful to have this wonderful music in our collection - A Christmas miracle for sure!

Happy Holidays Everybody!

"Angels We Have Heard on High"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrTVCHI9mRA

"My Grown-up Christmas List"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSy...sfUu48&index=6

"When Heaven's Calling You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXm...IIfQkl&index=8

"Ave` Maria"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Ph...vb210zk3IIfQkl
Attached Images

Last edited by Tumbleweed1980 : 12-09-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #39
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post Sylvia: Looking Back... And Looking Forward...

I like this new article written by Chuck Dauphin from "Sounds Like Nashville". I hope you will enjoy it too...

March 9, 1983 is a date that will stay etched into Sylvia’s mind forever. It was on that night that she was named the Top Female Vocalist in Country Music by the Academy of Country Music (ACM). Even though she was in the midst of a run at the top of the charts with songs such as “Drifter,” “Heart On The Mend,” and the million-selling “Nobody,” she admits that hearing Ricky Skaggs and actress Catherine Bach announce her name from the stage was a surprise.

“That was hard to believe. The year before, I had been nominated for Top New Female Vocalist, and had a nomination on the American Music Awards. I’d had a few nominations, but I had never won anything. That was a big award. I was very surprised and didn’t expect to win. When I got up there, I truly was stunned. I think I said something like ‘I’m not used to winning’ or something silly like that. I didn’t know what to say. I thanked some people like the record label, and the fans. It didn’t feel real. It was like I was living in a dream. She tells Sounds Like Nashville that was definitely a moment that she cherishes to this day. “There’s something about being recognized by your peers that is really important to us human beings. From an ego standpoint, it felt as if I’d been ‘let into the music family.’ I had always dreamed of being a part of that family, so it was a great feeling.”

Music was always the driving factor in her life. Growing up in Kokomo, Indiana, she knew what she wanted to do from an early age. “From the time I was three – literally, being a singer became a conscious thing. Singing was as natural as breathing, eating, and sleeping. I didn’t even know I was doing it. It was second nature. When I realized that people liked to hear me sing, it was an epiphany, and it became what I did. I never had any desire to do anything else. It was always music.”

Please click on the link below to read the complete article...

http://www.soundslikenashville.com/n...oking-forward/
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #40
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up This is awesome!

Nancy Brooks did an excellent job putting this Soundbite together of Sylvia's recent performance on the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman Auditorium.

I hope you will want to click on the link and enjoy it, too!!

Thanks everybody!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfydrmfdax...11317.mp4?dl=0
Old 02-16-2017, 03:17 AM   #41
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post Sylvia Hosting The Midnight Jamboree

Hi everybody!

If you would like to hear Sylvia LIVE in Concert. She will be hosting the WSM Midnight Jamboree in Nashville on Saturday, February 18th, at 12 a.m. (CST, February 19th)

She will be singing at the Texas Troubadour Theater at 10 p.m. (CST) If you're not able to attend, you can tune in to AM 650 - WSM (link below) to hear the delayed broadcast of the show at Midnight.

I sure am looking forward to tuning in. I hope you will as well... Thanks!

http://wsmonline.com/listen-live/
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #42
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post It Was An Excellent Show!!!

I think it was one of Sylvia's best performances ever! She's always such a great entertainer! What made it extra special, is she sang some of her hits I hadn't heard her sing in 30 years, along with a surprise or two. It was AWESOME!!!

The Songs Sylvia Sang in the Show...

1. (Medley) "Cry Just a Little Bit", "Like Nothing Ever Happened", "Drifter"
2. "All in the Family"
3. "Leave the Past in the Past"
4. "Walking After Midnight"
5. "Somebody's Daughter"
6. "Bird on a Wire"
7. "Immigrant Shoes"
8. "Do Not Cry For Me"
9. "Every Time a Train Goes By"
10. "Nobody"
Old 03-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #43
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post 2017 NACMAI Hall of Fame

Hi Everybody!

I'm happy to say, Sylvia recently received an Award! I really like this short video and hope you will, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQ1...ature=youtu.be
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #44
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Movie New Music Video...

Hi everyone,

Here's an awesome new music video of the title track of Sylvia's latest album. It contains old 8mm film footage from her childhood!!

I think this is such an excellent idea for a song! When I listen to it, it brings to mind my cousin Jan and my grandma going through old pictures together with grandma pointing out who everyone is in each faded and old picture - Along with fascinating stories that only grandma could tell, having been there and lived in those times so long, long ago. I can also still picture in my mind grandma hanging clothes out on the clothes line in the yard when I was little.

A few years before my grandma passed away, my cousin Jan and she went through boxes and boxes of old pictures and Jan wrote down who the people were in every picture. My grandma was usually the only one who could point out and tell us who everyone was. I remember as a kid what I thrill it was to go through old pictures with grandma.

I know she and mom would absolutely love the song, "All in the Family". I think about them and all the wonderful memories as I listen to the words with Sylvia's pure, sweet voice singing so beautifully, and it's an extra special treat getting to enjoy this video in addition to all of that! I hope you will enjoy it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Dp...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #45
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Movie Sylvia Talking About Patsy Cline...

I just watched this and wanted to post it here for others to see. My goodness! What a nice surprise to see Sylvia talking about one of her biggest musical influences and sharing the story of meeting Patsy's sister back in the 80's.

I've always loved Patsy's singing as well. She recorded so many great songs, it's difficult to choose a favorite. Although, "Back in Baby's Arms" comes to mind as one I really like.

The video contains photos that I had never seen before, which makes it even more special to me. I hope you will enjoy it, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJDf-nq0Nz8
Attached Images