Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #16
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post NEW Sylvia Album Update...

Sylvia's NEW album, "All in the Family" is scheduled to be released in June! This past November I heard her sing the excellent title track, in addition to others from the album and I can hardly wait to hear the studio versions!

I wanted to share this nice, brand new write-up with everyone...
http://smswf.com/sylvia/

For Sylvia, being an artist is not only about singing. It’s also about listening deeply to herself, to others, and to the stories that want to be told. That’s what first led her to discover her love of music as a child and, subsequently, to enjoy more than two decades of a successful and multifaceted career as a singer and songwriter. But listening is also what brought Sylvia to a crossroads more than 14 years ago, when she heard a new call.

While profoundly grateful for the chance she had in her young adulthood to see the world from the jump seat of a tour bus, she began to crave other experiences and, in particular, opportunities to help others. She answered this call by becoming a certified life and career coach through the Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara, CA in 2002. Since then, she has coached business executives, artists of all genres, small business owners, individuals, and non-profit organizations to make the same type of productive self-discovery that provides positive momentum as they develop both personally and professionally. For nine years, she also served on the board of a non-profit organization that serves and supports the chronically mentally ill. She never stopped singing during this time – keeping a weekly appointment with her voice teacher and continuing to participate in benefit concerts – but she made a conscious choice to pivot away from music and pursue new and different contexts in which to cultivate her long-held personal values of compassion, curiosity, and non-judgment.

Sylvia has described music as a living, breathing thing that needs time and space to grow. Now – having given it that time and space – she is hearing its call once again and telling the stories that want to be told. June 2016 will see the release of All in the Family, her first album in 14 years and also the first on which she co-wrote the majority of the songs. On this album, Sylvia touches on the choices, challenges, and turns in the road that have brought her to where she stands today and delivers her most personal material to date, combining her skill as a vocalist with her heart as a storyteller.

Also on this album, Sylvia speaks directly to listeners who might themselves be considering a new start. Rejecting conventional binaries about youth, age, and their bearings on one’s creativity and relevance, Sylvia celebrates her experience and unapologetically owns her voice as a seasoned artist. In doing so, she welcomes listeners to live fully in the present moment – embracing all the possibilities it holds – without discarding the past, seamlessly weaving her current music in with the sounds and songs of her early career. As a performer, she still enjoys singing hits like “Nobody,” “Tumbleweed,” and “Drifter,” but she brings to them a presence and perspective that infuses them with new life, reminding fans why they first fell in love with her music while also allowing them to experience it anew.

Although at one time Sylvia might have classified her years away from music as a detour, today she has the confidence, clarity, and courage to see them as vital steps on her journey – steps that have allowed her to reemerge as a more complete, more conscious artist than ever before. This viewpoint directly informs All in the Family, and she is eager to share it with new listeners as well as her long-time fans who have grown along with her.

Last edited by Zoneboy : 04-28-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #17
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post Sylvia at CMA Fest

Hi everybody,

I apologize for the short notice. But I wanted to let you all know that Sylvia will be singing on Sunday, June 12th at 2:30 p.m. - 2:55 p.m. (CST) in Nashville for CMA Fest (Formerly Fan Fair). It's been a long time since she's been a part of this festival. I'm so glad she's back!

It will be streamed live on WSM-AM http://wsmonline.com/
Attached Images

Last edited by Tumbleweed1980 : 06-11-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #18
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Music NEW Sylvia Album Preview...

I'd like to share this link with you all of Sylvia's long-awaited NEW album, including a few sneak peek snippets.

The release date has been pushed back until the end of July or early August. So I'm thankful we at least have these few track snippets until then. I love them all, but my favorite of them is, "I Didn't Know What I Was Missing". What's yours?

http://sylviamusic.com/release/its-all-in-the-family/
Attached Images

Last edited by Tumbleweed1980 : 06-15-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:14 PM   #19
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post Sylvia Hosting the Midnight Jamboree

If you would like to hear Sylvia LIVE in Concert. She will be hosting the WSM Midnight Jamboree in Nashville, this Saturday, June 18th at 12 a.m. (CST)

She will be singing at the Texas Troubadour Theater at 10 p.m. (CST) If you're not able to attend, you can tune in to AM 650 - WSM (link below) to hear the delayed broadcast of the show at Midnight.

I'm most certainly planning on tuning in. I hope you will too... Thanks!
http://wsmonline.com/listen-live/
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2016, 02:04 AM   #20
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post A Great Article...

Man Flew 2300 Miles to Hear Concert

Robert Bernardo flew 2,300 miles and drove 100 coming from San Francisco to Clare, MI to see country music singer Sylvia in concert, Bernardo told Steve Coston, owner of WGDN 103 Country radio in nearby Gladwin,: “$24,000.00 for seats at the Golden State Warriors courtside – seats in front row at Sylvia concert – PRICELESS!”

Sylvia’s signature hit “Nobody” reached #1 on the Billboard country charts and was the BMI Song of the Year. It was from her “Just Sylvia” album, coincidentally the first record album Bernardo ever bought.

The crowd of 500 country music lover’s at Clare High School gave Sylvia a standing ovation.

http://www.clarecountyreview.com/new...-hear-concert/
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #21
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up A Very Nice Recognition...

Six new members will be added to the Howard County Hall of Legends on Aug. 26th, including Sylvia - Grammy-nominated country music singer and ACM Female Vocalist of the Year in 1983.

Sylvia was Billboard magazine’s #1 Female Country Artist for 1982, and recorded three top-ten albums, eleven top-ten singles, and two #1 singles. She'll be on hand for the induction ceremony at Bel Air Events.

https://www.facebook.com/HCHistory
Attached Images

Last edited by Tumbleweed1980 : 08-22-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Correct a typo
Old 09-01-2016, 08:17 PM   #22
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up A NEW Sylvia Interview...

I was very excited to discover this new interview and wanted to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zha1JJPXk
Old 09-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #23
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post A Great Interview...

Hi everybody,

Here's another exciting interview that I want to share. It brings back great memories of when my family, friends and I would get to see Sylvia singing in Jackpot, Nevada. She would sometimes tell the story about the train that would pass by her trailer when she was a little girl. It's so awesome to see her telling the story on video and knowing the song, "Every Time a Train Goes By" is on her long-awaited NEW album!!! It's very interesting to hear her talk about the song, "Do Not Cry For Me" and also more about her grandpa's song, "Grandpa Kirby Runnin' the Hounds", and how important it is to her to have his music on this album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrI...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Tumbleweed1980 : 09-06-2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: A correction was made to the video and reposted
Old 09-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #24
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post Complete Track List...

Sylvia ~ It's All in the Family

1. Every Time a Train Goes By

2. Somebody's Daughter

3. Leave the Past in the Past

4. A Right Turn

5. All in the Family

6. Grandpa Kirby Runnin' the Hounds

7. Immigrant Shoes

8. Cumberland Rose

9. Hope's Too Hard

10. I Didn't Know What I Was Missing

11. Here Lately

12. Do Not Cry For Me
Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #25
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Music A NEW Lyric Video!!!!

How exciting to see this and all the rare pictures of Sylvia when she was little. What a nice treat to hear and see right before her new album gets released this Friday October 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAH...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-05-2016, 01:18 AM   #26
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

In my box of music today I found an 80's Country cd and it features Sylvia's song Nobody and I listened to it and it's a cute song and the other fact I learned about it is that Sylvia sang the song Nobody in 1982. It's amazing that Sylvia is still active in country music today
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #27
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

Hi LaBestia,

That's really neat you found and listened to Sylvia's song on that 80's country CD. Thank you for posting about it.

I've been really enjoying her NEW album, "It's All in the Family" since I received it last week. It's spectacular!!!

Last edited by Tumbleweed1980 : 10-13-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #28
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Post This is a Really Cool Article...

Country Music's Sylvia Returns With New Music And A New Outlook On Life
By Dustin Fitzharris

Whether it’s in a coffee shop, a park or in her South Nashville home, Life Coach Sylvia Hutton spends her days advising people on their personal and professional lives. Some of her clients are considering a career change, going through a divorce, experiencing loss or a host of other kinds of issues. Hutton says she provides a safe space for people to be heard without judgment.

But Sylvia has a secret. These days few people know Sylvia was once a Grammy-nominated artist for her smash hit song “Nobody.” She was also the Academy of Country Music’s 1982 Female Vocalist of the Year. There was a time Sylvia was everywhere, touring as one of the most successful country music acts of that time. She even made a guest appearance on American Bandstand.

Now, after a 14-year absence, Sylvia has released*It’s All in the Family, a collection of storytelling songs that pays homage to her family’s musical roots and delves into the twists and turns of her life. Sylvia says the CD is her most personal yet. Not only did Sylvia co-produce it, she co-wrote nine of the 12 songs.

In the 1980’s Sylvia’s style and girlish charm resembled Sheena Easton far more than Tammy Wynette. A series of hit records like “Tumbleweed,” “The Matador” and her first number one, “Drifter,” made Sylvia one of the most celebrated artists in country music. But nothing could prepare her for the frenzy she created when she said to her man,*“Your Nobody called today; she hung up when I asked her name; well, I wonder, does she think she’s being clever?”*The song “Nobody” not only shot straight to the top of the country charts, it crossed over onto the pop charts and went on to sell two million copies.

To read the complete article, please click on the link below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dustin..._12388802.html
Old 10-14-2016, 01:49 AM   #29
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed1980
Hi LaBestia,

That's really neat you found and listened to Sylvia's song on that 80's country CD. Thank you for posting about it.

I've been really enjoying her NEW album, "It's All in the Family" since I received it last week. It's spectacular!!!
Thank you very much for your reply Tumbleweed1980. I didn't even know I had Sylvia's song Nobody in my 80's country music cd until I read the track listing and saw Sylvia was featured in it and I remembered you liked Sylvia
If you wish to find the cd I mentioned the name of the cd is 80's Country Crossovers and besides Sylvia the cd also features artists such as Ronnie Milsap Juice Newton Kenny Rogers Dolly Parton and many other singers and was a Target exclusive cd
Bestie
Old 10-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #30
Tumbleweed1980
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
Thank you very much for your reply Tumbleweed1980. I didn't even know I had Sylvia's song Nobody in my 80's country music cd until I read the track listing and saw Sylvia was featured in it and I remembered you liked Sylvia
If you wish to find the cd I mentioned the name of the cd is 80's Country Crossovers and besides Sylvia the cd also features artists such as Ronnie Milsap Juice Newton Kenny Rogers Dolly Parton and many other singers and was a Target exclusive cd
Bestie
Thank you, Bestie!

That's so nice to know you thought of me upon hearing Sylvia singing "Nobody" on your CD. I really appreciate you providing that information.

I have a couple of questions. Was that CD released this year? Does it contain any photos of Sylvia?