Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewitchedFan
I haven't watched L&S either for the same reasons why I don't watch HD. Back in the day when Nick @ Nite used to air these at 8pm, I used to watch both shows all the time. I miss the days when classic sitcoms used to be shown at nice, convenient times. Nothing like coming home from a hard days work and turning on the TV to watch some classic sitcoms.

Yeah the HUB airs L&S at 11pm which is not good for me since I watch local news at that time
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Why exactly was Paramount able to use "Rock Around the Clock" for Season 1, but not on Season 2? What was the issue?
Pure speculation, but maybe they wanted to test the waters with music replacements to see what the fan reaction would be. Also, maybe the rights-holders upped their fee for the second season, and CBS/Paramount didn't want to pay it.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
loaferman
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3sCompanyFan
That's not a problem anymore since intros are a thing of the past and don't exist for the most part in today's shows!
That is very true. My thought was shows that still use music in the show. For example "Revenge" would often play a song during a scene such as "Nothing Else Matters" by Lissie. I assume Metallica who made the original song and Lissie who performed it got compensated for both broadcast and home video.
“It was ‘Will and Grace,’ it was the social media. Literally. That’s what changed peoples’ attitudes. That’s why I was so certain that the vast majority of people would embrace and rapidly embrace” gay marriage, Biden said.

“Think behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry. The influence is immense, the influence is immense."
-Vice President Joe Biden May 2013
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
loaferman
Forum Regular

Quote:
That's because they're showing it at inconvenient times. Who is going to stay up so late on a weeknight to watch this? Why not show this at 8 or 9pm? Why show it at 11pm or 12am?? That's insane!
I assume they think everyone can just DVR. I have tons of shows on my DVR I will never end up watching. If it was on as you say at 8 PM I would gladly watch "Happy Days" on TV over current shows, unless I already had the DVD. This is the kind of show Netflix needs to acquire to improve selection.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman
I assume they think everyone can just DVR. I have tons of shows on my DVR I will never end up watching. If it was on as you say at 8 PM I would gladly watch "Happy Days" on TV over current shows, unless I already had the DVD. This is the kind of show Netflix needs to acquire to improve selection.

You don't have more than one DVD recorder?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
fonzarelli777
Occasional Poster

After waiting for years, I realized the only way I was going to have it on DVD was to do it myself. I had seasons 5-11 on VHS, and I transferred it to my computer to cut out the commercials, and put them on DVD. Its not top quality, but it is watchable, and complete. Also I have the ability to shuffle around easier. I have misplaced the 6th season, but I have it somewhere. I have a garage filled with TV episodes on VHS to go through. If someone was to DVR it the quality would be so much better. I just dont see any other way to have it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #22
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzarelli777
After waiting for years, I realized the only way I was going to have it on DVD was to do it myself. I had seasons 5-11 on VHS, and I transferred it to my computer to cut out the commercials, and put them on DVD. Its not top quality, but it is watchable, and complete. Also I have the ability to shuffle around easier. I have misplaced the 6th season, but I have it somewhere. I have a garage filled with TV episodes on VHS to go through. If someone was to DVR it the quality would be so much better. I just dont see any other way to have it.

Nothing wrong with that, that's what I did with the Jeffersons.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
fonzarelli777
Occasional Poster

I got The Jeffersons here too-somewhere. I wish there was an easier way of having these shows, like buying them.
I have been transferring the unavailable stuff to DVD, and afterwards im going to donate a few thousand tapes to the local goodwill. Im hoping they will take them. If not I think I can give them away for free on CL.
I got these off TV Land, and when I did I didnt know I was going to be doing this. I think about the combined time, and effort-and its pretty amazing what one will do for their Happy Days!
(Or Jeffersons )
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

I have been recording episodes of Batman onto my DVD recorder's hard drive, editing out the commercials and transferring them onto DVD+Rs.

Since it's unlikely that an official release is coming soon (if ever), I can at least build a library of the episodes.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #25
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I have been recording episodes of Batman onto my DVD recorder's hard drive, editing out the commercials and transferring them onto DVD+Rs.

Since it's unlikely that an official release is coming soon (if ever), I can at least build a library of the episodes.
I did the same thing for my Batman collection which is easy to obtain off of YoutUbe. Sadly though, all of the Happy Days shows were recently removed and are harder to get now. Especially anything after Season 4.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #26
sandmountainslim
Occasional Poster

They should at least put Seasons 5,6 and 7 on DVD. I would be happy to have the series with all the Richie and Ralph era covered.
I would even be willing to get bootleg/amateur DVD's of those seasons if I could find them. I dont care about DVD quality video, I just want to watch the episodes with my daughter.

Last edited by sandmountainslim : 01-13-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #27
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default Happy Dats Full Seasons on DVD = YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmountainslim
They should at least put Seasons 5,6 and 7 on DVD. I would be happy to have the series with all the Richie and Ralph era covered.
I would even be willing to get bootleg/amateur DVD's of those seasons if I could find them. I dont care about DVD quality video, I just want to watch the episodes with my daughter.

I AGREE+ At least put them on DVD, they will sell. People want them. I just don't understand people? I guess it's all about (c) and trademark. Why does everything have to be so political?

Last edited by antman67 : 01-15-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #28
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
I AGREE+ At least put them on DVD, they will sell. People want them. I just don't understand people? I guess it's all about (c) and trademark. Why does everything have to be so political?

The lawsuit by some former cast members (for unpaid merchandising royalties) was settled by the studio, but I'm wondering if one reason we're not seeing any more DVD sets is due to projected low sales.

After all, we're constantly being told that physical media (CDs, DVDs, etc) is a dying medium and that everything is going downloadable, so maybe they feel putting out future seasons of Happy Days isn't worth it from a profit perspective.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #29
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
The lawsuit by some former cast members (for unpaid merchandising royalties) was settled by the studio, but I'm wondering if one reason we're not seeing any more DVD sets is due to projected low sales.

After all, we're constantly being told that physical media (CDs, DVDs, etc) is a dying medium and that everything is going downloadable, so maybe they feel putting out future seasons of Happy Days isn't worth it from a profit perspective.

I'm hoping Happy Days might make it to Netflix. I've been seeing Hawaii Five O, Rockford Files, Twilight Zone and a whole bunch of other oldies coming on Netflix but I guess we will wait and see?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
sandmountainslim
Occasional Poster

If anyone could help me out with DVR copies of seasons five and six send me a PM. I am tired of waiting for an official release.