Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs
Rare Game Show on GSN with TV Veterans; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 27, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #16
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Let me know when you want me to name more people. You can still answer the other 20 if you haven't already.

Sign my Unsolved Mysteries petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
TheCars1986

Katherine Korzilius - the coroner's findings that her injuries were consistent with a fall from a vehicle sealed it for me. I the theory of her climbing on to the back of her mother's vehicle and falling off is the most plausible one. The abduction does not make sense, IMO.

A.J. Breaux - this one's always been a tough one for me. I don't necessarily like to believe the more "out there" theories (like AJ being abducted by 3 "unknown men" for some unknown nefarious reason and being driven around the town being seen by several people), but this case could honestly go either way. He could have gone on a bender and killed himself out of embarassment and he very well could have been abducted and murdered for unknown reasons.

Dottie Caylor - Jule Caylor is guilty, no doubt. He killed her and buried her somewhere, IMO.

Anthonette Cayedito - unfortunately I think she's dead. I don't believe her younger sisters story of "Uncle Joe" coming over in the middle of the night. She waited five years to tell the story, and she apparently went to sleep right after seeing her sister being abducted. She may have been abducted, but I don't think it went down like the sister was claiming. Something accidental could have happened as well, and the abduction story was simply a cover. I guess we'll never really know.

Leonard Dirikson - I think whoever was last seen with Leonard was responsible for his disappearance. I do not believe he is still alive. It's pure speculation on why someone would have wanted Leonard dead, and there really hasn't been one standout theory that seems the most likely. UM left out a lot of information in this case, IMO.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
pinksparkles18
Frequent Poster

Jodi Huisentruit- She was probably abducted and killed by someone who knew her fairly well, based on the circumstances.
Angela Hammond- The "filthy, bearded man" probably got her.
Kristi Krebs- Wandered off and got taken advantage of by someone with bad intentions.
Leah Roberts- Not entirely sure, but I doubt she is alive anymore.
Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman- Were taken by whoever burned the trailer, probably deceased.
Amy Bradley- The guy from the band had something to do with her disappearance.
Tara Breckenridge- The one who was leaving her notes at her job seemed creepy, may harmed her.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #19
LaurierCrimmajor
Frequent Poster

I’m relatively new here and will offer my two cents and highlight some specific areas of concern that I possess with each case. Normally when I post, I try to utilize criminological tactics that I study which usually can be best described as, “When I hear hoofbeats, I think horses, not zebras”.... I don’t usually buy into the more extreme, UM scenarios and usually TRY to accept the most rational alternative, but that doesn’t mean I’ll always ascribe to it. This is a neat sleuth thead!

Jodi Huisentruit: This case is especially puzzling. The fact that she’d been woken up by her co-worker as she’d slept in for work makes me wonder if she was alone at the time of the phone call, as it is EXTREMELY unprofessional for an anchorperson such as she to sleep in, since it’s such an cutthroat and competitive business. This inconsistent behaviour that would have gone against her natural routine of waking up early strikes me as very odd, especially on the day of her disappearance. Here’s where I’d take issue with a proposed stalker taking her on her way out the door, as he would’ve been following her routine to know when to attack....when she slept in, it would’ve thrown his timing off and ergo, most likely thrown a monkey wrench into any planned kidnapping. Now, I wouldn’t rule out that she had been the victim of a focused, stalker-esque attack that occurred ‘inside her apartment’ at the night prior/early morning hours and when the phone rang, she was made to answer it and provide an off-cue improvisation and an abduction ensued from there. I just can’t help but find a sticking point on her answering the phonecall having slept in.....was that even her who answered?

Angela Hammond: Given that local PD connected her disappearance with others clerks in the area, I don’t think it would be difficult to surmise the unfortunate outcome.

However one point of note which I DO find to be quite fantastical that the boyfriend was the only person(?) to witness Angie having been abducted in the truck (please correct me if there are other witnesses of her being taken away), experiences the phone conversation and eventually engages in hot pursuit of her abductor, when his transmission blows....I would feel alot more comfortable if there was independent corroboration beyond the boyfriend and am curious as to what circumstances he was cleared. Not to say I don’t believe his story, but that’s really all we have to go on, correct me if I’m mistaken....

Kristi Krebs: Unfortunately, I think another psychotic related break is the most reasonable explanation here, at which point I she may have succumbed to exposure to the elements and animal predation.

Leah Roberts: While at first glance I could absorb the idea of “going Kerouac”, given the insights provided by the Investigation Discovery “Disappeared” episode, I would definately not rule out foul play here since young females travelling alone are tremendously vulnerable and there seems to be a bit of info leading towards this.

Wil Hendrick: I believe his remains were found by hunters, not a clue here.

Amy Bechtel: There’s a very fine argument for convicted killer, Dale Wayne Eaton, which is my best assumption here.
However with that said, I really don’t like it when loved ones refuse polygraphs, going against the most common drive of recusing themselves as potential suspects to allow law enforcement to forge onward with their investigation. It’s completely in his rights, but comes off as difficult and thus, raises an eyebrow or two. That said, of all the questionable husbands I’ve seen on UM throughout the years, this one seems more believable/credible than most, which says something as I almost always find them to be hinky as hell.

Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman: I think the most commonly asserted scenario here is what probably occurred.
That said, I’ve always had issues with how the local PD could possibly miss Dan Freeman’s remains in their original search, even taking into account basic human error. Given the innuendo surrounding Danny possibly dealing narcotics, I could see this being a situation where the girls were caught up in a drug dispute and killed off site(possibly in front of a living Dan Freeman as punishment/interrogation?) or just taken and killed as collateral damage afterwards. UM does breed alot of whiffs of conspiracy, don’t know how much I’d buy into on this one, but would hazard that the girls are most likely victims of homicide.

Amy Bradley: I really hate cruise ship cases, there are just so many possible angles to work here(where the heck do you start?) and I’ve read there’s usually a cavalcade of redtape which surrounds these ships’ internal security procedures and basic quality and competency. I’ve heard alot about the sex slavery theory, and don’t find it THAT unlikely, however given that mixing alcohol and the open sea is never a good combination, I’d lean slightly towards that as more probable. I hope so at least.

Jeremy Bright: I really don’t believe the “carny runaway” theory and think that a foul play scenario fits best here for me given all that has come to light surrounding the parties accused.

Tara Breckenridge: Boyfriend. Gotta apply basic occam’s razor idiom to this case.

Dottie Caylor: Husband. Occam’s razor applied here again, but this time in cohesion with a multitude of improbable actions all coalescing at the same time, which to my criminological knowledge, is highly statistically improbable.

Katherine Korzilius: A botched child abduction seems very likely. Disgustingly, if this is in a suburban sprawl area as one may deduct from the UM footage, there’s a very strong possibly that someone within the community, who has familiarity with the area exploited the child for a potential abduction, only to use too much force and kill the child upon the initial attack.

Bryan Nisenfeld: Very mysterious one, my gut-instinct says foul play.
However, when taking into account the potential homosexual undercurrents here, especially when with burgeoning adulthood, there is a possibility of great internal struggle/strife and torment, with young adults of his age being quite prone to depression in certain scenarios, suicide isn’t out of the realm.

Cynthia Anderson: Is it possible she was just at the wrong place, wrong time? Or, is it something far more insidious to do with some possible clientele of the law offices, information that shouldn’t have been seen, or maybe as mentioned above, she could’ve been a whistleblower perhaps?

Sabrina Aisenberg: I’ve seen a 2 hour Dateline/48 Hrs on this case, which happened to frame the parents in a rather quizzical light, to which I’m on the fence about to this day. From my criminological training, when children disappear, there is a far narrower dragnet of potential suspects to rundown because, well, they know far fewer people than adults or even adolescents and are far less mobile(obviously). Statistically, I lean towards parental involvement here, but then again, stranger abductions DO occur....55/45.

A.J. Breaux: Is an alcohol relapse which triggered a shame-induced suicide possible? Seems a little more practical than some mysterious murder of a middle aged man that comes up with so few leads....

Anthonette Cayedito: Someone familiar with the family had to convince her to open the door utilizing her uncle’s name. If PD had taken a run at those surrounding the family, I think they probably could whittle down the list of suspects.

Leonard Dirickson: A failing business, debt AND a harsh divorce seems like a solid case for either an intentional disappearance or a suicide. While it is hard for people to believe one could leave/abandon their child(even at age 19), it is not a factor I would regard as insurmountable, especially for men who reach a certain age.

Hugh Harlin: This one gives me the heebie geebies. Given the eccentricities and twists of this case, phew I’m at a total loss.

Sharon Marshall & Michael Hughes: The worst case scenario. Franklin Floyd checks all the boxes for the worst kind of psychopath. Definately in need of five minutes alone with Vic Mackey.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
Steve W.
Forum Regular

"Anthonette Cayedito: Someone familiar with the family had to convince her to open the door utilizing her uncle’s name. If PD had taken a run at those surrounding the family, I think they probably could whittle down the list of suspects."

unless that story was made up; remember this was supposedly the scenario given from Anthonette's younger sister and I don't believe she told the police this story until quite awhile after her older sister went missing
Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

Jodi Huisentruit - victim of a previously-unknown stalker-type

Angela Hammond - random abduction, probably killed shortly thereafter

Kristi Krebs - mental breakdown + victim of random foul play afterwards

Leah Roberts - the shady guy in the Disappeared episode seems responsible for (probably?) abducting her, tampering with her car, etc.

Wil Hendrick - need to watch episode

Amy Bechtel - totally torn...could be creepy hubby OR random killer OR accidental death due to rough terrain.

Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman - abducted, killed, bodies left elsewhere.

Amy Bradley - either the seemingly outlandish "sex slavery" theory or a random act of violence aboard the ship. I do not think she fell overboard.

Jeremy Bright - accidentally killed by local teens

Tara Breckenridge - 50/50 on this one. Either the controlling boyfriend did it OR random abduction after having car trouble.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

Katherine Korzilius - an attempted abduction gone wrong. (I definitely do not think she rode on the back of the car and fell off.)

Bryan Nisenfeld - foul play, but by who? (I have trouble buying the otherwise-plausible suicide theory due to that darn severed foot.)

Cynthia Anderson - NO idea. I'm not sure I buy the "she was killed to keep her from ratting-out her shady bosses" theory. I'm not sure she left to start a new life. I'm thinking "totally random act of abduction/violence" here.

Sabrina Aisenberg - NO idea. Parents seem weird, but the evidence is just not there either way. This case = a total wtf to me. Alien abduction? Men in black?

A.J. Breaux - Lots of possibilities, but I'm thinking he went to help a fellow AA-type person, that person (or his/her associates) lashed-out in violence, and somehow AJ fell off the wagon and got caught-up in shady goings-on. Most likely dead, unfortunately.

Dottie Caylor - Very, very torn on this one as well. Maybe Jule did it. Maybe she was randomly taken advantage-of while on the train. Maybe she just took off. There is just SO little evidence in this case!

Anthonette Cayedito - Abduction, but by who? And is she still alive?

Leonard Dirickson - need to watch

Hugh Harlin - need to watch

Sharon Marshall & Michael Hughes - Sharon was probably the daughter of some sort of "off the grid"-type woman...perhaps a prostitute, drug addict, etc. FDF abducted her (she was probably never even reported missing, perhaps never even noticed to be gone), killed her when she was a young adult, and kidnapped and killed her son. The son is, unfortunately, probably long deceased
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
1990 UM fan

Bumping so more people can answer
Old 04-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
Jodi Huisentruit
Angela Hammond
Kristi Krebs
Leah Roberts
Wil Hendrick
Amy Bechtel
Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman
Amy Bradley
Jeremy Bright
Tara Breckenridge

Jodi Huisentruit - deceased and murdered shortly after her disappearance

Angela Hammond - deceased. I don't buy into the sighting of her up in Canada either. I guess there is a 5% chance she staged that entire abduction but that's awfully gutsy to take a chance that Rob wouldn't catch them. I think there is a bigger chance Rob had something to do with the disappearance than that. Personally, I think Rob is innocent and what he did say actually happened

Amy Bechtel - deceased. Possibly by the husband who sort of rubs you the wrong way in the interview. There is the distinct possibility he was beating her but then again as a jogger there are a million possibilities as to how she could have disappeared.

Laura Bible/Ashley Freeman - both deceased. Not involved in the murders and just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Probably got r*ped a time or two before they were murdered.

Tara Breckenridge - deceased. Maybe Wayne Hecker is involved but then again she was a waitress at a strip club and as I've alluded to before she wasn't running into salt of the earth types either all the time. She would have had her share of skittish creeps

Amy Bradley - deceased. Maybe she falls overboard. But then again, there are so many mysterious things that were witnessed on that ship that it makes me wonder. Let's not pretend that everyone employed on a large cruise like that can't be involved with some shady characters.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #25
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurierCrimmajor
Katherine Korzilius: A botched child abduction seems very likely. Disgustingly, if this is in a suburban sprawl area as one may deduct from the UM footage, there’s a very strong possibly that someone within the community, who has familiarity with the area exploited the child for a potential abduction, only to use too much force and kill the child upon the initial attack.

I have always thought this was just simply an accident and the family has a hard time grasping that possibility. Why does an abductor throw a kid out the car door? And how could a little girl manage to get loose from an abductor and manage to jump out of the car? The odds that a girl got kidnapped in the 5 minute window that her mother dropped her off to her house is remote. What was it, a 1/4 of a mile? That is either the biggest coincidence in the world or someone was stalking the vehicle. I just think the accident theory makes more sense
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
pinksparkles18
Frequent Poster

Dottie Caylor: I think her husband killed her and doesn't care if anyone finds out because he knows there's not enough evidence to convict him

Katherine Korzilius: I tend to agree with the idea that a neighbor might have hit her and panicked and that's why she was lying in the road.

Bryan Nisenfeld: I think he was murdered. The phone call to his father in the middle of the night because he was scared makes me think someone was after him.

Cynthia Anderson: She probably found out too much about something that went down in the law office and they had to get rid of her.

Sabrina Aisenberg: Could have been her parents, could have been a random person...not sure.

A.J. Breaux: Maybe someone had a grudge against him for some reason? That or a random abduction.

Anthonette Cayedito: I think the person who came to the door took her and killed her.

Leonard Dirickson: The guy who came to the house probably had something to do with it.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #27
WishfulDreamer

I still don't buy that the Korzilius case was a random accident and if it was, I don't think it had anything to do with her mother's car. While the door could have been locked thus would not have opened if she had grabbed onto it, you simply cannot hold onto, nor would you want to touch, a hot car in August in Texas. Also, she had a splint on her finger; I doubt she would have done that.

I'd like to throw in the Debbie Wolfe case. I think she was murdered by one of the hospital volunteers. Being thrown in the water and the authorities concluding that it was an accident compounded any finding of sexual assault; I think that's probably the motive, unfortunately. Wasn't her uniform found on the floor? It was probably taken off of her or coerced off when she was first attacked and then the random clothing was put upon her to throw off suspicion when she was thrown into the water. I forget, did they conclude that her lungs were full of water or not? She was either killed, then thrown in, or knocked out and thrown in, I think. It's a terrible scenario, but the most likely in my opinion.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #28
1990 UM fan

I'll add another 10 for you all to answer:

John Cheek
Bonnie Haim
Charlotte Pollis
Doreen Marfeo
Christi Jo Nichols
Adam Hecht
Charles Horvath
Dale Kerstetter
Claudia Kirschhoch
Kristen Modafferi
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #29
McBevis
Forum Regular

John Cheek - I think it was most likely a stress-related breakdown. I suppose there's a small chance that he's roaming around with amnesia, but after so much time, I think it's more likely that he's dead, but I think that if that's the case, it's more likely that it was an accident or suicide than anything else.

Bonnie Haim - I don't think there's any other logical explanation than that she was murdered by her husband. Everyone who knows her well swears that she would not deliberately abandon her child, several of her belongings were found in a dumpster, a footprint was found in the floorboards of her car that matches a shoe owned by Michael Haim, the car driver's seat was moved back too far for Bonnie to be able to drive the car comfortably, and perhaps most damningly, this case is unusual in that members of Michael Haim's own family feel pretty certain of his guilt, but Bonnie's father comes to his defense, making some pretty idiotic statements that, at least in my opinion, would hardly cast doubt upon the guilt of Michael Haim.

Charlotte Pollis - Despite the credibility of Charlotte's mother being in question after her abduction of the Pollis children a few years ago, I still think that Paul Pollis is most likely responsible for her death. There are too many things that overwhelmingly suggest it. Cleaning the house for no apparent reason right after the disappearance, his strange behavior in the vicinity of his car, Charlotte's blood being found in the trunk, and though you often have to take the testimony of small children lightly, I find it unusual that a child would just conjure up something as chilling as "I saw mommy being put into a black trash bag" for no reason. I think that the child probably did witness something unspeakably traumatic.

Doreen Marfeo - As far as if, when and where she might be found, that is something I really don't have a solid theory on, other than that there's probably no chance at all that she would be alive at this point. Through several viewings of this segment during the first few years after it was made, I was actually leaning more toward Stephen Marfeo being innocent, but after I saw the update that stated that he'd committed suicide after killing his girlfriend, I think now that he was definitely responsible, and unfortunately since he's dead, it pretty much shoots down any chance of ever finding out exactly what happened to Doreen.

Christi Nichols - There's really nothing I could say that hasn't been said a million times already. Her husband had to have been responsible. I don't think he could have accurately described every single item in the suitcase without having packed it himself, or at the very least, stood over her while she was packing it. Almost everything that he said surrounding the circumstances of her disappearance is in question, and there really are no other viable theories that point to anything or anyone else.

Adam Hecht - This is a really strange one. Based on his friendship with Tony and apparent fascination with homeless culture, I believe that his initial disappearance was voluntary, and that he may have willingly immersed himself in that world, but I can't believe that after more than 20 years, he would still be living under such conditions, and there didn't seem to be anything about him that would make him want to abandon his family. They all seemed to have a close, healthy relationship with each other. My best guess is that he either was killed under suspicious circumstances deep within that skid-row type of environment, or possibly because of the unsanitary conditions of such an environment, he may have died from AIDS or some other deadly disease that could be easily contracted in such an environment. Though Tony was initially cleared as a suspect, he seems like the one person who would probably know something, and I do think that he knows much more than he's saying.

Charles Horvath - I haven't seen this one frequently enough to remember enough about it to give an opinion.

Dale Kerstetter - This is a tough one, but I'm more inclined to believe that he was not willingly involved in the crime. There is some evidence that suggests that he was, but there are also several troubling instances that suggest otherwise, such as his truck being found with the keys in the ignition and several things that he used daily being left inside it. Also, there's really no way of knowing whether or not Kerstetter was trying to say "help me" or "screw you" when he looked into the camera. Also, his family was desperate for him to return, adamant that he wouldn't be the type to be involved and stating that even if he was guilty, they would not think less of him. Also, the statute of limitations for this case expired more than 20 years ago, so if he's alive, it wouldn't make sense for him to stay hidden after so much time. I think he's dead, and probably has been for quite some time now.

Claudia Kirschhoch - The only thing that I feel strongly about is that she's probably dead, but what exactly happened to her is not easily explained. There is strong belief that she was kidnapped and possibly muredered by a bartender she met in Jamaica, but there's too much gray matter surrounding that theory to say that it definitely or most likely is what happened. Cases of people disappearing while on tropical vacations seem particularly notorious for not being open-and-shut cases, because most murderers who kill in this type of setting would much sooner dump a body in the vast expanse of water surroundng an island rather than bury it somewhere on land, because it's much less likely to be found that way. I think this is probably what happened, though I wouldn't focus solely on the bartender. There are all kinds of people in that type of environment who have all kinds of reasons (prostitution, slavery) for the kidnapping of American tourists.

Kristen Modafferi - Sadly, considering all of the effort put into this case to look at it from an angle of foul play, I actually don't think any was involved here. Kristen was well-known for having a desire to visit Lands End Beach. Dogs tracked her scent there, and someone who was interviewed stated that because of the treacherous, rocky terrain surrounding the area, it was not particularly uncommon for beachgoers in that area to suffer accidental deaths. Also, Jon Onuma, the guy who was suspected of having had something to do with her disappearance, was later cleared, and although he seems like a strange guy, there also didn't seem to be a lot of overly damning evidence against him, either.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #30
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Sabrina Aisenberg: Someone broke in and took her. Babies are taken maybe not frequently, but unfortunately often enough, just look at the "for the lost" blog.

Anthonette Cayedito: I have a hard time with people saying that "she would never open the door to a stranger". I taught my kids from a very young age to NEVER do that, yet, still they occasionally would even in their teens! That's how kids are, and she was pretty young. I do find the sighting where the girl left the note in the diner to be credible (or whatever the scenario was...). I think she was abducted and held by someone and is now either dead or too ashamed/brainwashed to contact anyone. Maybe the sister's story is correct, but she misheard and the person asked for "Uncle Joe" not said he was Uncle Joe.