Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs
Rare Game Show on GSN with TV Veterans; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 27, 2014)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #16
scc1222
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2011
Posts: 547
Default

please please please...DO your research on this case.read the transcripts,go to websleuths.com for clarification,etc..I thought perhaps Darlie might be innocent at first as well,but in-depth reading has left me no other opinion than to think she is nothing short of 100% guilty.I'm not going to debate or explain;just please 'do the math' i.e.-research it well.thx.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #17
1990 UM fan
Senior Member
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc1222
please please please...DO your research on this case.read the transcripts,go to websleuths.com for clarification,etc..I thought perhaps Darlie might be innocent at first as well,but in-depth reading has left me no other opinion than to think she is nothing short of 100% guilty.I'm not going to debate or explain;just please 'do the math' i.e.-research it well.thx.

thanks but I think I've delved into the case enough to wrap an opinion around it
__________________
Join my Unsolved Mysteries page (Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unsolv...899616?sk=wall

Sign my Unsolved Mysteries petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
mwcarolina
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2010
Location: nc
Posts: 331
Default

i have been the same since i first heard this story, i am undecided on her guilt which means i would NOT have her on death row.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
TheCars1986
Senior Member
Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egswanso
I think that's overstating the case. There clearly are some aspects of the case that don't feel 100% right, however, that said, it doesn't mean she's innocent or necessarily even deserves a new trial.

I disagree. There were only two people in that house who were capable of committing these murders and who would have had a motive to carry it out. That's Darlie and Darin. Since Darlie has never came forward and stated that the man who was attacking her was Darin and since she corraborated his story about being upstairs asleep with their youngest child, that leaves Darlie and/or an unknown intruder. Had there been someone else in that house, something would have been found in that house. A fiber, fingernail, etc. There was no evidence that anything foreign entered that house on the night of the murders. The murder weapon belonged to the Routier's, the sock which was used to conceal fingerprints belonged to the Routier's. Everything connected with the actual murders themselves can be traced to the Routier residence. Is it that much of a stretch to also see that whoever committed these hideous crimes was also a member of the Routier family?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
dks64
Forum Regular
Member
 
dks64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2010
Location: California
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
The "Silly String Incident" is overplayed by the Darlie-supporters, IMO. She was convicted on several other factors, not the silly string tape alone.

I'm not a supporter and I still don't factor that in at all. I keep that separate and look at the evidence at hand. Still lean towards guilty, but not 100% convinced.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
egswanso
Forum Regular
Member
 
egswanso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Is it that much of a stretch to also see that whoever committed these hideous crimes was also a member of the Routier family?

No, certainly not. That's the reason she was convicted and all her appeals have been for naught.

The problem is, in theory, if LE did not perform a good crime scene investigation. Obviously a lack of evidence doesn't mean much IF that evidence was not properly found and analyzed.

Like I said before, I'm not saying she's not guilty, not by a long-shot; but questions of poor crime scene investigation can always create problems - frankly, that's the point of the criminal justice system and the lengthy appeals process (to determine if doubt and error rise to reasonable doubt and prejudicial error) - and here, that certainly doesn't favor Darlie, even given the shortcomings of Texas justice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
egswanso
Forum Regular
Member
 
egswanso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 462
Default

I will also say this - while I believe that the case against Darlie is strong, I am always wary of prosecutors who fight DNA testing - if they are confident in their verdict (as they should be), then testing should be welcomed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
shek
Frequent Poster
Member
 
shek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2003
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I disagree. There were only two people in that house who were capable of committing these murders and who would have had a motive to carry it out. That's Darlie and Darin. Since Darlie has never came forward and stated that the man who was attacking her was Darin and since she corraborated his story about being upstairs asleep with their youngest child, that leaves Darlie and/or an unknown intruder. Had there been someone else in that house, something would have been found in that house. A fiber, fingernail, etc. There was no evidence that anything foreign entered that house on the night of the murders. The murder weapon belonged to the Routier's, the sock which was used to conceal fingerprints belonged to the Routier's. Everything connected with the actual murders themselves can be traced to the Routier residence. Is it that much of a stretch to also see that whoever committed these hideous crimes was also a member of the Routier family?
I rarely get into such debates but I can't help but share a few thoughts as an outsider looking in.
1) This part of the story has always bugged me. If my husband was sleeping upstairs and an intruder came in and started stabbing my kids, I would be screaming so loud that it would be impossible for him to sleep through it, even if he was in semi-comotose state. He would have responded to my screams in a micro minute. Heck, even the neighbors would've been able to hear me.
2) The insurance money arguement. I highly doubt that was the motive. I am inclined to think that she was upset with Darin at the time and wanted him to suffer in a way. And maybe to evoke his (and others) sympathy to get more attention.
3) As far as DNA testing is concerned to futher their case in convicting Darlie - keep in mind that it is still very expensive and if it's not needed, why spend the money. They have budgets to deal with, too. (Trust me, I know from personal experience on that one)

Last edited by shek : 03-08-2012 at 07:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #24
TheCars1986
Senior Member
Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shek
1) This part of the story has always bugged me. If my husband was sleeping upstairs and an intruder came in and started stabbing my kids, I would be screaming so loud that it would be impossible for him to sleep through it, even if he was in semi-comotose state. He would have responded to my screams in a micro minute. Heck, even the neighbors would've been able to hear me.

Exactly. To "fix" this error in her story, supporters of Darlie have said that the intruder must have held his hand over her mouth and knocked her unconscious which is why she did not scream for Darin. That makes the story even more implausible though, IMHO. If the killer was there to do harm to Darlie, why did he feel the need to murder her two sons if he already had her subdued?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
1990 UM fan
Senior Member
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Exactly. To "fix" this error in her story, supporters of Darlie have said that the intruder must have held his hand over her mouth and knocked her unconscious which is why she did not scream for Darin. That makes the story even more implausible though, IMHO. If the killer was there to do harm to Darlie, why did he feel the need to murder her two sons if he already had her subdued?

Maybe it wasn't his original intent, maybe he was after the boys the whole time but attacked Darlie when she regained consciousness.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #26
WishfulDreamer
Senior Member
Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 2,243
Default

The reenactment in the beginning seems pretty ridiculous (if that's what she claims). Man standing over her with knife and she just follows him into the kitchen while he makes NO EFFORT to come back and harm her further. And there hadn't been anything to startle her husband into coming down yet, thus probably no reason for the guy to run out and not come back and kill her. I can see the shock startling her into not realizing she was hurt until a few minutes later (after all Gord McCallister was so worried about his wife being shot that he didn't even notice he was wounded until minutes later). But the guy with the knife, if he was so bent on killing her and the boys, I don't see why he would just leave.


What does everyone think about the sock found a distance away?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #27
1990 UM fan
Senior Member
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
The reenactment in the beginning seems pretty ridiculous (if that's what she claims). Man standing over her with knife and she just follows him into the kitchen while he makes NO EFFORT to come back and harm her further. And there hadn't been anything to startle her husband into coming down yet, thus probably no reason for the guy to run out and not come back and kill her. I can see the shock startling her into not realizing she was hurt until a few minutes later (after all Gord McCallister was so worried about his wife being shot that he didn't even notice he was wounded until minutes later). But the guy with the knife, if he was so bent on killing her and the boys, I don't see why he would just leave.


What does everyone think about the sock found a distance away?

It could've been a sexual assault gone awry like they mentioned. I think he intended on raping Darlie and/or the boys and when Darlie regained consciousness and put up a fight, he decided it was too much and took one of their kitchen knives and attacked them with it. I wonder if Darin was asked if the tube sock belonged to him or not? If not, then that means a third party was involved and dropped the sock in the alley while fleeing. If so, then maybe they could've implicated him for the crime. Darlie's blood was not on the sock but Devon and Damon's blood was. It's possible that Darlie was smothered into unconsciousness with it and the attack on the boys happened after and that's why their blood is on the sock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
TheCars1986
Senior Member
Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
Maybe it wasn't his original intent, maybe he was after the boys the whole time but attacked Darlie when she regained consciousness.

Why would an unknown assailant break into a house to murder two children not known to him?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #29
1990 UM fan
Senior Member
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Why would an unknown assailant break into a house to murder two children not known to him?

I don't know, I don't think like a killer
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #30
scc1222
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2011
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Why would an unknown assailant break into a house to murder two children not known to him?
yeah,really,and leave the parent alive. ::rolling eyes:: not to mention,all of the other evidence.UM made it seem like there could only be one timeline..truth is,she had time to plant the sock.and that's prolly where the other knife went,too.oh,and anytime the weapon comes from the home? it's someone who lives there.that's basic crime knowledge.
  Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Spike TV

Unsolved Mysteries launched on Spike TV on Monday, October 13, 2008.

Unsolved Mysteries explores unsolved cases in which you, the viewer, can help solve a case. The show includes cases from a variety of categories: Murder, Missing Persons, Wanted Fugitives, UFOs, Ghosts, Fraud, Legends, Science/Medicine, among others. The new Unsolved Mysteries programs will consist of re-creations of the events, along with interviews with the subjects, participants and authorities, documentary footage and news footage. Entirely new graphics, special effects, music and title sequences were created for the Spike broadcasts, along with new narration and host stand-ups by Dennis Farina. They will broadcast 175 episodes.

Spike TV Schedule



Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.