Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC to Air Special 4 Week Edition of Dancing with the Stars; House of Payne Spin-off Premieres Jan. 16 on OWN
2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Pat

Confused Any news on season 5 yet???

Of course, I have the first 4 seasons.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Elvis Fonzie Dean
Forum Veteran

I think the real question is, when's the new 2Trivia4Me gonna debut?

The Fonz:Tell me something Dean...how did he get his jacket inside the bed?

http://www.lindapurl.net/gallery/career/hday1.jpg
Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
Pat

Default OH MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Fonzie Dean
I think the real question is, when's the new 2Trivia4Me gonna debut?

Does everyone really miss it that much???
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH

with all the silly law suits,the fact the cbs/paramount is in no hurry to release
the series im wondering if we will ever see the rest of the series on dvd.it sucks but this is the world we live in.these big companies want to make a millons of dollars on a 30 year old series which by this point is costing them nothing to issue its just a disgrace.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave insinga
with all the silly law suits,the fact the cbs/paramount is in no hurry to release
the series im wondering if we will ever see the rest of the series on dvd.it sucks but this is the world we live in.these big companies want to make a millons of dollars on a 30 year old series which by this point is costing them nothing to issue its just a disgrace.
I seriously doubt it's "costing them nothing to issue." If it were, all the seasons would be out by now. It costs a lot to license all the music that was used which is probably why it's taking so long for any further seasons to appear. If enough people don't buy them, they can't turn a profit, so they won't release them. They could replace the music like they did with season two, but then you run the risk of people not buying them because all the music's been replaced.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
studd911

To be honest with you, if i was CBS/Paramount i would let a outside company studio like shout factor take owner ship of the remaining series, and let then continue on with the releases look at what they did with webster they got season 3 coming out Barney Miller, shout Factor is making some noise when it comes to classic tv shows its only a suggestion
Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default well maybe its costing them for the music

the actors are not making much money on thats apparent.why do you stick up for these big companies seinfield was making a million dollar an episode when it ended.same with friends and some of the other more recent series and they are all on dvd.you mean to tell me they cant find a way to release the rest of the series.most of the music on happy days you can down load on itunes or amazon.there has got to be a way but the truth is they dont give a damn.they arent selling a million copies of the box sets so they are in no rush to release them.what about laverne and sherliey. mork and mindy no music in either one of these shows.where are they.its cbc/paramount they just suck.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
studd911

Again Shout Factory would do a much better job then CBS/Paramount as i have said on this message boards plenty of times when cbs joined forces with paramount they dropped the ball on the a couple of series HD2 L&S season 1 through 4 and M&M and you right they do not care which is why they need to either sell the rights over to a company like shout factor who has bought the rights from previous studios pertainning to classic television shows and giving the fans what they want and you see what they have been doing season after season but whatever CBS/Paramount wants to do they are going to do it its not fair, but what can we do
Old 07-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
seinfield was making a million dollar an episode when it ended.same with friends and some of the other more recent series and they are all on dvd.
You basically answered your own question right there. Seinfeld and Friends are two of the most popular series of all time, and, as opposed to Happy Days, they are much more recent and are still fresh in a lot of people's minds. This is why their DVDs sell better.

Quote:
most of the music on happy days you can down load on itunes or amazon.
I don't understand what this has to do with the subject at hand. How does being able to download music affect how it's included on DVD sets?

Quote:
they arent selling a million copies of the box sets so they are in no rush to release them.
Exactly what I said previously. If they can't sell enough copies to turn a decent profit, they're not going to release further seasons.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA
Unhappy

There's a message board on the Shout! website where people post their requests. I found this message from a man that allegedly works for Shout! regarding "Happy Days":

http://www.shoutfactory.com/communit...#axzz1TJimmTVI

Quote:
Paramount's a toughie.* They're not keen on licensing out to third parties.* We've tried several times.* If they truly have no interest in releasing the remainder of the seasons, I don't see this series being completed anytime in the near future, I'm afraid.

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

Brian

I guess the only way we'll see the remaining seasons on DVD is if Shout! or another company is able to acquire the rights, or if CBS/Paramount has a
change of heart. A lot of companies are now releasing TV-DVD's on an "on demand" basis (DVD's are authored when ordered), it is more cost effective and it is a good way of releasing shows that may not have a huge following (although HD does not belong in that category).

The other issue is the music rights. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the later seasons feature less music than the first ones, and most of the songs are re-recordings. Licensing re-recordings of songs is much more cheaper than licensing the originals. It also depends on how frequently the song is featured.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's

Last edited by YoliUSA : 07-28-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
studd911

As i have been saying all along CBS/Paramount does not care and if everybody stopped buying there dvd they would go out of business and you need people like us again if shout factory has been reaching out to them then take the offer already because that is what third partys are doing now taking shows from studios and turning them into there own.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i think we will see more seasons of Happy Days released, but it will probably be some other format like VOD, streaming or digital downloads - something with less risk and manufacturing costs.

as for the music, I think that some of the copyright holders involved in the music used on Happy Days - even in the later years and with different artists' recordings - are extremely greedy and aren't going to let anyone use their songs with out BIG money up front. Chubby Checker has stated he wants at least a million dollars for ANY use of ANY part of one of his songs...
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #13
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default im not here to argue with anyone

really didnt think this was such a sore subject there are programs older than happy days that have been released as far as music rights go as the show went on they used rerecorded versions of songs anyway im not so sure if thats the great factor here.happy days is just as popular as any of these shows.there has got to be a way this can get done,maybe certain people that read this harmless
page work for cbs paramont or something,im just a fan that wants to see the show finish on dvd.really thought that was the purpose of this message board.if you dont want to see the show come out thats cool too.but to argue and fight about the reason why is really silly.sorry if i upset anyone.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #14
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default this really wasnt necessary to do i was just expessing how i felt

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
You basically answered your own question right there. Seinfeld and Friends are two of the most popular series of all time, and, as opposed to Happy Days, they are much more recent and are still fresh in a lot of people's minds. This is why their DVDs sell better.

I don't understand what this has to do with the subject at hand. How does being able to download music affect how it's included on DVD sets?

Exactly what I said previously. If they can't sell enough copies to turn a decent profit, they're not going to release further seasons.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #15
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default LIONSGATE picked up BOY MEETS WORLD

after disney stopped releasing the seasons perhaps they should release HAPPY DAYS.