Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #121
Yooch

I'll be thinking about your brother.
"The true meaning of America, you ask? It's in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman's badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper...In all these things and many more, you'll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me."
--Audie Leon Murphy
June 20, 1924--
May 28, 1971

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #122
Family Ties Forever!

Default Post Surgery

My brother had the amputation surgery today. He made it through thankfully! He is now in a room at the hospital. He is in terrible pain, but doing ok considering. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, I can't be there in FL as I have a sinus infection and I can't fly. My brother can't have anyone around him that is sick. My mother made it to FL today and my mother's fiancee and my sister will be there tomorrow. My sister talked to everyone in FL and she told me that "my sister-in-law is glad that I'm not coming."

Old 11-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #123
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Thanks be to GOD for your brother's successful surgery. There's no reason for him to be in SO much pain. They can take the edge off it. It's a shame you couldn't go. Your sister-in-law takes the cake. Jenny, you know I'm praying for your brother's successful recovery.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #124
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Great news, Jenny! Keep us posted on how things progress. Really happy for you.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #125
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Thanks be to GOD for your brother's successful surgery. There's no reason for him to be in SO much pain. They can take the edge off it. It's a shame you couldn't go. Your sister-in-law takes the cake. Jenny, you know I'm praying for your brother's successful recovery.

Thanks Janice. I appreciate it. I agree that he shouldn't be in horrible pain. I asked yesterdy and he does have a pain pump or pumps according to my mother so that's good. I would have liked to go, but it's best that I stay here and not get him sick. I agree, my sister-in-law can be cruel when it comes to me. I don't know if there was any kind of nerve block medicine given yesterday during surgery for the amputation. If there was, I'm sure by now or soon it will wear off and hopefully his pain won't go from terrible to unbearable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
Great news, Jenny! Keep us posted on how things progress. Really happy for you.

Thanks.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #126
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

Glad the surgery went well. I hope the recovery is as easy as humanly possible.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #127
Family Ties Forever!

They are giving him minimum pain meds. He already is expected to get out of bed only one day after surgery. They had him sitting up in a chair this morning and then made him get up on crutches and walk down the hall. The pain nearly made him pass out twice. He's already had to start physical therapy. I hope over time the pain goes away. I know there's a chance that it won't, which is sad.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #128
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

I'm glad the operation went well Jenny. Continued prayers for your brother. I hope the pain goes away soon.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #129
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks Sonny.

My brother went to the doctor yesterday. He was dissapointed to hear that the incision isn't healing as well as the surgeon would have liked. The sutures were taken out. He's still having trouble with the pain. It was also mentioned that he may have been over doing it with the physical therapy. Pushing himself too much, too soon. Hopefully it will get better.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #130
Family Ties Forever!

Unhappy

Bad news for my brother. The Mayo Clinic in FL. where he lives has just told him that the cancer is so aggressive that there isn't anything else they can do for him. He is getting a second opinion from MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. I just found out that the type of cancer he has spreads through the body 70% of the time. It's possible that he might be among that percentage.

He had a PET Scan yesterday that was concerning. That was followed up by an MRI. There seems to be "elevated metastatic activity." It's unclear whether that's from the amputation area trying to heal or from the cancer returning.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #131
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Prayers going out for you and your family, Jenny. Hang on...anything can happen and medical science is advancing, literally, every single day. I'm sure your love for your brother is a continuing source of strength for him.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #132
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Be strong Jenny. I know it's hard. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #133
mystery_daisy
True Crime Buff

Send a message via AIM to mystery_daisy Send a message via MSN to mystery_daisy

So sorry your brother is in so much pain. Hugs, good thoughts & prayers going out for you guys...

Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #134
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks Sonny and Mystery Daisy.

I wish the news was better, but it's not. My brother went for a second popnion at MD Anderson Cancer Center here. We all were so hopeful. Now that he's back in FL there the doctors there don't want to do the recommended treatment that MD Anderson feels is necessary. The Mayo Clinic in Florida has never done the new chemo. treatment, but MD Anderson has with some success. The old treatment done by Mayo Clinic in FL wasn't working.

So now it's at a stand stil until either the doctors in FL can change their minds which desn't seem likely or another doctor will have to be found. My brother and sister-in-law don't want to leave Florida since their children are there. The new treatment recommended by MD Anderson isn't without complications, but at least it would be a chance at progress. The risks could include possible permanent memory loss, possible short term memory loss and confusion.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #135
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Thanks Sonny and Mystery Daisy.

I wish the news was better, but it's not. My brother went for a second popnion at MD Anderson Cancer Center here. We all were so hopeful. Now that he's back in FL there the doctors there don't want to do the recommended treatment that MD Anderson feels is necessary. The Mayo Clinic in Florida has never done the new chemo. treatment, but MD Anderson has with some success. The old treatment done by Mayo Clinic in FL wasn't working.

So now it's at a stand stil until either the doctors in FL can change their minds which desn't seem likely or another doctor will have to be found. My brother and sister-in-law don't want to leave Florida since their children are there. The new treatment recommended by MD Anderson isn't without complications, but at least it would be a chance at progress. The risks could include possible permanent memory loss, possible short term memory loss and confusion.

I'm sorry Jenny! It is so frustrating when doctors can't agree on a method of treatment. Definitely doesn't make you feel secure in your choices when one says one thing and another says something else. I hope your brother can get the right treatment. I will be keeping him and his family in my prayers.

"I always carry a spare wedding ring. A single girl never knows when lightning may strike." ~Zelda Gilroy

Closed Thread