Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #31
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

I hope your brother recovers.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)

Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #32
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Best wishes go out to you and your brother, Jenny. Remember that modern medicine can do a lot of things they never used to be able to; dire diagnoses are not as dire as they once were.

Having said that, I'm sure it's stressful for your whole family. Praying for strength for all of you.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #33
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Jenny. Please try and stay strong.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #34
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Heart

Jenny, you know that I'm always here for you. I'm just a phonecall away. I know it's hard to remain upbeat, but you've been through a lot in your life. You're one of the strongest people I know.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #35
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

I'm very sorry to hear this Jen. Sometimes life can be so incredibly unfair. Iv'e said a prayer for your brother, as well as for your entire family. I will continue to pray. I'm here for you!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #36
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Jenny, you know that I'm always here for you. I'm just a phonecall away. I know it's hard to remain upbeat, but you've been through a lot in your life. You're one of the strongest people I know.

Thanks so much Janice. I appreciate it.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #37
Family Ties Forever!

I talked to my mother on the phone. She talked to my brother. He told her that he has to start chemo sometime this week. He will need at least 42 weeks of chemotherapy. That's almost a year worth. The cancer is large and aggressive. The thought is that perhaps the chemo might shrink the cancer or at least hopefully keep it from spreading. Then go in and do surgery. The larger the cancer the harder it is.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #38
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

I wish the news was better, Jenny. That's a lot of chemotherpy, so hopefully, it will kill the beast within his body. I meant to ask you again, is it osteo-sarcoma? You weren't quite sure before.

Also, any word on how the Military is going to handle this? I mean, 15 years has to count for something. If he loses his leg and can't fly, I'm sure there's plenty of other things he can do. Maybe even teach the newbies or something along those lines. He dedicated his life to the Navy. Let's hope they treat him right. With a family of seven, he doesn't need the added stress of worrying how to feed everyone and put a roof over their heads.

I know that scary feeling of wondering what's going to happen. When my parents got cancer, at the same time, I was a wreck. It's the uncertainty of it all. The doctors can't give any definitive answers because they don't even know what's going to happen. Every case is different. The big plus is that your brother is so otherwise healthy, so that may help him withstand all that chemo.

You know this already, but I'm always here for you, even if just to listen to your fears.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #39
AB
Forum Celebrity
David Cassidy

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, I hope the treatments will help & that he will make a full recovery. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #40
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks Janice I really appreciate it. Thanks for listening and being here for me. You're a great friend. You're right the uncertainity ofthe cancer outcome is so hard. I hope the military does the right thing. It would be awful if they don't.
Thanks Ann.

Here is the latest this is from today. I talked to my brother a little bit ago.

He said he has Ewings (I think that's how he said it was spelled) sarcoma bone cancer. It's so rare and so hard to identity that type of cancer. It's not categorized into stages because it's not well known. He will have to have a bone marrow biopsy this week. He said that' going to be very painful.
He will have a port line put into the blood vessels for chemo Chemotherapy starts Monday (25th) and will take over a year

Some of the cycles will be in patient chemo staying in the hospital for a few days at a time. Other cycles will require daily trips to the hospital for chemo..
He might suffer short term memory loss. He will have loss of white blood cells due to massive amounts of chemo, which isn't good. After two to three months of chemo he will have surgery, most like for amputation below the left knee. He said he will lose all his hair and be in a wheelchair. He doesn't know yet if he will need radiation. He will have to see a radiologist about that.

He told me that "I'll be pretty much stuck in the da*n hospital for the next year to year and half." He told me that he's never going to be the same because of this cancer. I feel bad that the last time I saw him was a year ago and that's when I was sick. I think it would break my heart to see him sick. My brother and sister-in-law told the kids last night that he has cancer.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #41
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Sounds like a rough year to year and a half for your brother, Jenny. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you and your family. I'm sure that he is appreciative of your concern and you're doing what a sister should; provide moral and spiritual support for him.

Try to maintain an even keel emotionally, if you can. I KNOW it's very hard to do so, though. This looks like a long haul and it would be very easy for your own health to be negatively affected by it all.

You have lots of friends at SO, as I'm sure you know. Don't be afraid to utilize them to unload or decompress or express yourself however you need to.

God bless and take care.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #42
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

I wish you and your family nothing but happiness. You deserve it!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #43
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

Sorry, Jenny. I wish you and your family didn't have to go through this. It sounds rather agonizing. You continue to be in my thoughts.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #44
Reverend Jim
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
II wasn't sure about whether I wanted to make this thread, but I found out that my brother who is in the Navy has cancer. I'm in shock.

I never expected to hear this. My mother, sister and my mother's financee went to Florida to visit my brother and family, when I asked how it went, I was shocked and saddened to learn that my brother has cancer.

My brother has cancer in his left top part of his foot on the shins. There is a large area that is partrudging from his foot. He may He has had x-rays, a CT, a MRI, etc. He may have to have surgery and if the cancer can't be remoed he will then have to have his leg amputated. The hope is that he will survive the cancer. I don't know what stage of cancer he has. He is now in a wheelchair. He was on crutches at the beginning of the trip to Disney World. He has pain in his foot where the cancer is.

Depending on how it goes he might have to be discharged from the military which would cause him to lose his job and health benifits. He has been in the Navy for 15 years. My mother said it was very hard to watch my brother suffer.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #45
Family Ties Forever!

Today my brother will have:
A PET Scan (it's different from a CT scan). They will put raidioactive dye in there and take pictures. He also will have to drink barium.
Then after that he will havea bone marrow biopsy.
Then after that a eco-cardiogram test. One of the chemo medicines could stop his heart, which is scary. At least they do the test ahead of time to know. He has to pass the eco-cardiogram test before he starts chemotherapy next Monday.
The port line was put in yesterday (Wednesday).

I'm going to try and get some sleep if possible. I've been awake since yesterday.

Closed Thread