Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #136
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #137
Family Ties Forever!

Unhappy Stage 3b Osteosarcoma

I just found out what stage of cancer it is. My brother has stage 3b Osteosarcoma. The stages are, 1, 2, 3, 3b & 4. My brother had to have a platelet transfusion this week because his platelet count dropped to 15 which is extremely low.
I knew the cancer was bad, I just didn't realize it was quite that bad.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #138
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

So sorry, Jen. You and my family continue to be in my thoughts and on my heart. I hope everything goes well.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #139
Yooch

Your brother, you and your family are in my prayers, Jenny.
"The true meaning of America, you ask? It's in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman's badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper...In all these things and many more, you'll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me."
--Audie Leon Murphy
June 20, 1924--
May 28, 1971

Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #140
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
I just found out what stage of cancer it is. My brother has stage 3b Osteosarcoma. The stages are, 1, 2, 3, 3b & 4. My brother had to have a platelet transfusion this week because his platelet count dropped to 15 which is extremely low.
I knew the cancer was bad, I just didn't realize it was quite that bad.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will continue to keep your brother in my prayers.

"I always carry a spare wedding ring. A single girl never knows when lightning may strike." ~Zelda Gilroy

Old 02-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #141
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Your brother has an uphill battle, for sure, Jenny. He's a strong man; that can only help him. I know you're scared. Anyone would be. There are so many unknowns here. You know that I'm here for you, Jenny. We all are. This group of ours pulls together when times are tough.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #142
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Living with cancer is just one roller coaster ride after another. It's like you can't ever afford to catch a breath and relax because more life changing news could be just on the horizon.

Jenny...be comforted in knowing that you are doing all you can for your brother, with your love, concern and support. Keep hope alive in your heart and soul. As John Lennon once so aptly said, 'tomorrow never knows'.

And as Janice said, remember we are all here for you.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #143
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Janice, thank you for being there for me. It really helps. I'm grateful to have a friend like you.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #144
Brad
Forum Veteran

How's your brother doing, Jenny? Any updates? Hoping to hear some good news.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #145
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA
How's your brother doing, Jenny? Any updates? Hoping to hear some good news.

My brother is experiencing constant ringing in his ears. My mother said that's a side effect of the chemotherapy. She mentioned to me that my brother was having some trouble with thinking of some words when talking to her. That could be symptoms of short term memory loss which is another side effect of the chemo. The chemotherapy is really wiping my brother out. We are all hoping that the chemotherapy is working. I think the next round of chemo. is supposed to start next Monday. I hope to talk to my brother this weekend. I'm trying to stay positive and hope for good news.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #146
Brad
Forum Veteran

Sorry to hear that he's experiencing so many bad side effects from the chemo. It's no fun. Are they at least able to keep him as comfortable as possible with meds and stuff?

Anyway, I'll continue thinking about you and your family. I hope things start to get better.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #147
Family Ties Forever!

^Thanks. It doesn't seem like they are giving him much for the pain. I know he was taking [I'm not sure if he still is] Neurotin[spelling?).

Here's an update on my brother. It was posted on his Caringbridge website. My sister-in-law is the one who posts updates on it.

"Monday, March 12, 2012 7:22 PM, EDT

On to the next round of chemo.

He was admitted to Mayo this morning for the most recent round of chemo. This cycle is to be the last with this particular chemo "cocktail". We had hoped with these being 3 week cycles that he would experience a little more time feeling better but that has not been the case. Just as with the last round he experienced the same fatigue and "ickiness". The doctors continue to monitor his bloodwork closely. He received another "6-pack" of platelets this last off cycle and following that transfusion he seemed to be on an uptick. He did have a couple of additional tests last week - EKG, ECG & chest x-ray and everything looks good. He should wrap up infusions some time Wednesday evening. The next couple of weeks will prove to busy with lab work and additional scans.

He is scheduled to get his prosthetic later this week! We will post pictures once he has it."

Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #148
Brad
Forum Veteran

Ick. That sounds horrible. One of the medications I'm taking is essentially a very low dosage of chemotherapy designed to shock my immune system into slowing down so my white blood cells don't attack my joints and organs as much (or, hopefully, at all). I have some terrible side effects from it, including nausea, fatigue, migraines and gastro-intestinal unpleasantness. Multiply that by about a billion and that's probably what your brother is going through.

From what I've read, Mayo Clinic is the absolute best place for him. I hope the prosthetic is a perfect fit, and that it doesn't take him long to get the hang of walking with it.

I wish him, as well as your entire family, the very best!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #149
Family Ties Forever!

^Thanks.

My brother got his prosthetic leg yesterday. It will be a long process, but it seems promising with the prosthetic. He will need physical therapy to get familiar and used to using it. He is still using crutches and will for a while. He had chemo. this week. He is doing ok cnosidering.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #150
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Heart

Today is Jenny's brother's 35th birthday. Jenny, as you know, we're all here for you, and we wish your brother a wonderful birthday with his wife and five kids. And of course, we wish him many, many more birthdays to follow.

Attached Images

Closed Thread