Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happily Divorced links at Sitcoms Online / Happily Divorced Photo Gallery


Happily Divorced - Season One

Buy Happily Divorced - Season One on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > Happily Divorced
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
JamesG
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 36,772
TV Fran Drescher Discusses "Happily Divorced" on "The View"

Fran Drescher Tells "The View" Ladies the True Story Behind "Happily Divorced" (VIDEO)
by Nick Zaino
posted Jun 14th 2011



It's your typical American love story:

boy meets girl
boy and girl get married
boy helps girl with wardrobe
boy says he's bisexual
boy and girl get divorced
boy says he is gay
boy helps girls with wardrobe and new boyfriend




That's the story Fran Drescher told Tuesday on "The View" about herself and her ex-husband, Peter Jacobson. And it's also the premise of her new sitcom, "Happily Divorced".





At the time we were married the "metrosexual" was very in vogue, so it kind of felt like that's what it was. But you know in hindsight he was very hands-on with how I looked, my make-up, the kind of shoes I wore...

Stephen Lang came to me and said 'Would you pitch us some ideas to write and produce a show?' and I said 'Oh well that's easy. That's gotta be about the relationship between myself, my gay ex-husband, and the advice he gives me on my current boyfriend.'

We have to end up living together in the show because we can't sell the house due to the economy and we can't afford to live separately until we do sell the house. So hopefully we won't sell the house for 7 years.


http://www.aoltv.com/2011/06/14/fran...husband-video/
Attached Images
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Smartboy
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 06, 2007
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Fran Drescher Tells "The View" Ladies the True Story Behind "Happily Divorced" (VIDEO)
by Nick Zaino
posted Jun 14th 2011



It's your typical American love story:

boy meets girl
boy and girl get married
boy helps girl with wardrobe
boy says he's bisexual
boy and girl get divorced
boy says he is gay
boy helps girls with wardrobe and new boyfriend




That's the story Fran Drescher told Tuesday on "The View" about herself and her ex-husband, Peter Jacobson. And it's also the premise of her new sitcom, "Happily Divorced".





At the time we were married the "metrosexual" was very in vogue, so it kind of felt like that's what it was. But you know in hindsight he was very hands-on with how I looked, my make-up, the kind of shoes I wore...

Stephen Lang came to me and said 'Would you pitch us some ideas to write and produce a show?' and I said 'Oh well that's easy. That's gotta be about the relationship between myself, my gay ex-husband, and the advice he gives me on my current boyfriend.'

We have to end up living together in the show because we can't sell the house due to the economy and we can't afford to live separately until we do sell the house. So hopefully we won't sell the house for 7 years.


http://www.aoltv.com/2011/06/14/fran...husband-video/


In the first place, I had no idea that Fran Drescher had a real-life gay ex-husband! Wow! On top of this, I do not know what metrosexual means. Would someone care to explain it to me?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
JamesG
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 36,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
In the first place, I had no idea that Fran Drescher had a real-life gay ex-husband! Wow! On top of this, I do not know what metrosexual means. Would someone care to explain it to me?

Metrosexual refers to a straight man that spends a lot of time and money on his appearance.

It's a combo. of metropolitan and heterosexual.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Smartboy
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 06, 2007
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Metrosexual refers to a straight man that spends a lot of time and money on his appearance.

It's a combo. of metropolitan and heterosexual.


Thank you very much for the information!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.