Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

'Til Death links at Sitcoms Online / 'Til Death Photo Gallery

'Til Death - The Complete First Season

Buy 'Til Death - The Complete First Season on DVD
'Til Death - The Complete Second Season

Buy 'Til Death - The Complete Second Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > 'Til Death
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu's Fall 2016 Premieres; Netflix Schedules Haters Back Off for Fall
Summer 2016 Week 4 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hulu Sets Premiere Date for Season 5 of The Mindy Project; Sanford & Son Spinoff Grady Coming to DVD
Dark Shadows 50th Anniversary on Decades Network; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 27, 2016)
Eve and In the House Back on BET; New Video for Sarah Jessica Parker's Divorce Comedy
CBS Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; FX's Archer Gets 3 Season Renewal
Alyssa Milano's Celebrity Renovation Special on FYI; Remembering Ann Morgan Guilbert
The CW Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; COZI TV's Howdy Doody 4th of July Marathon
Summer 2016 Week 3 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: John Stamos Keeping Busy with Roles; Netflix to Stream Spinoff Movie to British Version of The Office
Fox Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 20, 2016)
NBC Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; Curb Your Enthusiasm Returns After 5 Years
TV Land Orders 4th Season of Younger Before 3rd Season Premiere; UP Orders Original Series
Sundance Celebrates Father's Day with Father Knows West Stunt; Remembering Michu Meszaros of ALF and Janet Waldo, the Voice of Judy Jetson
ABC Summer Pilot Review: Uncle Buck - Premieres Tuesday (June 14); The Brady Bunch Joins Pop Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Ballers - The Complete First Season The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy Maude - The Complete Fifth Season Workaholics - Season Six Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series

06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV WGN America Acquires "'Til Death" for Fall 2011

WGN America Acquires "'Til Death" for Fall 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
by Pavan

WGN America has acquired the Brad Garrett Fox comedy "'Til Death" for Fall 2011!

It is entering syndication this fall on both WGN America and on broadcast syndication, so be on the look out for it on your local stations!

We won't reveal the exact timeslots yet for "'Til Death", because we have our annual fall schedules posts coming up this summer where we will reveal the full schedules for all the cable networks who air comedies.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2011/0...t-you-til.html
Old 05-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
ryan423

The first two seasons of this show were funny, not original, but funny. Afterwards, the show became unwatchable. I don't expect it to do well AT ALL in syndication, and it'll most likely get a middle of the night time slot on most networks.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan423
The first two seasons of this show were funny, not original, but funny. Afterwards, the show became unwatchable. I don't expect it to do well AT ALL in syndication, and it'll most likely get a middle of the night time slot on most networks.
I wonder if it'll even be available in all markets? I forgot it was going to even get syndication. I doubt it will do well either.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

I love this show (though I only watched it through DVDs, so I haven't seen the later episodes). Hopefully it does well. I mean maybe if it's on the same time everyday people will pick up on it and make it a hit in syndication. That IS the reason it lasted as long as it did to be able to get syndicated.

Check Out My YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Adaweshau?feature=mhee

The videos are numbered but the early ones aren't as good. #3 is where I really get going.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
ryan423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I love this show (though I only watched it through DVDs, so I haven't seen the later episodes). Hopefully it does well. I mean maybe if it's on the same time everyday people will pick up on it and make it a hit in syndication. That IS the reason it lasted as long as it did to be able to get syndicated.

Your "LOVE" will change to a marginal-liking once you see seasons 3 and 4. Lucky for you, only the good seasons are on DVD! haha...
Old 11-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan423
Your "LOVE" will change to a marginal-liking once you see seasons 3 and 4. Lucky for you, only the good seasons are on DVD! haha...

I finally got to watch the rest of this series recently on Amazon Instant Video. I re-watched seasons one and two and still found them to be hilarious and enjoyable (something not many seem to be able to do, lol). The plot feels like a "Married ... With Children" rip-off (if you recall the early seasons of that show focused on newlyweds Steve and Marcy versus long time married couple Al and Peg) yet the show itself felt more like a "King of Queens" rip-off. Be that as it may, I still like it.

I watched the final two seasons in production order since Fox really just blended 3 and 4 together in its broadcasts. Anyways, season three was okay. I missed the Woodcocks but Kenny was a decent character. Not as funny as he was on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as Leon but still, I was okay with him. I was unhappy with the cast change for the Stark's daughter, Ally, because I really like Krysten Ritter, but cast changes happen as since she was just a recurring character anyway, it wasn't a HUGE deal.

Then we get to season four. Now Kenny's gone and the show focuses on the Starks and their daughter and her boyfriend living with them. Ally was played by my second favorite actress and it felt like things would be fine. The main problem is that I just didn't laugh a lot like I had been in the first two seasons. I did like the recurring plot of Doug knowing he's in a sitcom, though. Then they changed daughters again - this time to my least favorite actress. She just looked so different from previous Allys. They were all (in my opinion) pretty women. But the new actress is a "unique" looking woman and even though it makes me sound shallow or like a jerk, I didn't care for her because of that reason.

Cast changes don't bother me. I mean, I'm not going to stop watching a show because an actor leaves and is replaced. But the show should continue being funny through out the changes and this show just wasn't. I still don't get all the hate this show receives as I feel it started off funny (but people complained about it even back then) but I can understand why people don't like its later seasons.

Usually when I get in the mood to watch an episode of 'til Death, I stick with the Woodcock seasons.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
Chocolate Moose

I'm looking forward to seeing seasons 3 and 4 !!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #8
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Moose
I'm looking forward to seeing seasons 3 and 4 !!!!

Actually, after I wrote this "review" I watched a couple random episodes from seasons 3 and 4 and they weren't that bad. Maybe it was just binge-watching all 81 episodes in a row that made the last two years look so bad. I was burned out.

So, you may very well enjoy those seasons! I still feel the first two years are better though.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #9
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Okay, I was wrong. I really enjoy the later seasons (especially season 3). It was just the binge-watching where I tended to not like the last couple seasons as much. This show is much better when you just watch an episode or two at a time.

I know bashing this show and saying how unfunny it is, is the "cool" thing on pretty much every message board I visit but screw it. I love this show.