Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: An Early Look at What's Coming and Going for Next Season; Trial & Error Gets New Murderer for Second Season
Fri-Yay: What Show Could Use a Revival?; Trial & Error Adds Kristin Chenoweth for Season 2
NBC Picks Up 4th Season of Comedy; WE tv Acquires Madam Secretary
MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2015, 11:33 PM   #751
veggie-tari-jenn
Senior Member
SARCASTIC COUPON PRINCESS!!
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2008
Posts: 1,880
Default

JC Penney
got an awesome coupon in the mail for 10.00 off 10.00 or more and I found an awesome sweater on clearance for 12.00...total steal for 2 bucks!!
 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #752
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 30,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie-tari-jenn
JC Penney
got an awesome coupon in the mail for 10.00 off 10.00 or more and I found an awesome sweater on clearance for 12.00...total steal for 2 bucks!!

Very cool! I LOVE JC Penney. They have the best selection of clothes!

I bought Valentines. Just silly little cute ones for my sons, my Dad, sister and some friends. Didn't by my hubby's romantic one yet.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #753
Ryan Chamberlain
Forum Regular
He better be back. 2018!
 
Ryan Chamberlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 10, 2011
Location: Still hiding in Miles Silverburg's closet.
Posts: 589
Default

Food, a bottle of NYC Black Lace Creme nail polish, and a bottle of Sally Hansen "Black and Blue" nail polish.
__________________
Despite my username. I am a chick. I go chirp. But, what does the fox say?



Night Court, The Simpsons, Pre-Cartini General Hospital, Step By Step, Murphy Brown, Three's Company and Perfect Strangers fan forever!


"You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice" -Dana Carvey

You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone. <3
 
Old 02-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #754
Regulus
Senior Member
Member
 
Regulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07, 2011
Location: Port Orange, Florda Avatar - The Poiuyt
Posts: 3,171
Biggrin

A Snapper Riding Mower (My old mower died late last year, this one is bigger and better than my old one.
__________________
Poiuyt Power!
 
Old 02-08-2015, 01:39 AM   #755
Zoneboy
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 30,245
Cool

17 items at CVS:

Deal #1:

Bengay - $4.49
Coupon - $1.00
Sub total - $3.49
Tax - .24
Total - $3.73
Received $3.00 Extra Bucks


Deal #2:

2 Arm & Hammer Spinbrush heads - $11.98
3 Colgate toothpaste - $9.00
Sub total - $20.98
Tax - $1.47
Total - $22.45
Coupons: $5.00 off $15.00 oral care purchase + $3.00 EB + $5.50 MFG
Total - $8.95
Received another $13.00 EB

Deal #3:

2 Scott tissue - $13.98
2 Scott paper towels - 10.98
3 boxes Kleenex - $4.50
Sub total = $29.46
Coupons: $6.00 off $30.00 purchase + $13.00 EB + $2.95 MFG = $21.95
Sub total - $7.51
Tax - $1.29
Total after coupons & EB = $8.80
Also got another $10.00 EB for a $30.00 purchase of Scott & Kleenex products

Deal #4:

Three 12-packs Dr. Pepper/Pepsi - $9.00
1 M&M's - $1.19
Sub total - $10.19
Tax -.71
Total $10.90 - $10.00 EB = .90 Cents
Also received another $1.00 EB from the M&M's


Total paid after coupons & EB = $22.43


Regular prices: (each)

1. Bengay - $5.49
2. Spinbrush - 9.99
3. Toothpaste - $3.99
2. Scott tissue - $10.99
2. Scott paper towels - $7.49
3. Kleenex - $2.27
3. Dr. Pepper/Pepsi - $5.99
1. M&M's - $1.19


Sub total - $100.37
Tax - $7.03
Total - $107.40


Total saved - $84.97



__________________
As long as people talk about you, you're not really dead. As long as they speak your name, you continue. A legend doesn't die just because the man does.
 
Old 02-08-2015, 03:19 AM   #756
Zoneboy
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 30,245
Cool

Here's some more couponing pointers if anyone is interested.

Most all major supermarkets have their coupon policies online so familiarize yourself with them. What will work at one store may not at another.

Here's a good example, one store I frequent often will not accept any internet coupons that involve free products including those where a purchase is required.

New sales start in my area on Wednesdays and are usually posted online between 10pm (Tuesday) - 12:00am.

Try to shop at stores that offer double coupons (not all do)

Super-doubles are the best time to shop, stores that double will only do so if the coupon has a face-value of .99 cents or less. During super-doubles week this increases to $2.00 but triples are still .99.

Sunday paper coupons are great but try to avoid buying them from racks because there's people that will steal them and leave the rest of the paper behind.

Most papers will offer their unsold copies the following Monday at original cost but you may get a discount for quantity. It's a great way to obtain extra coupons for really good deals.


If printing at home, the printer you use can make all the difference because if the coupon won't scan, some stores will refuse it while others will override or key-it-in.

I use a HP Photosmart C-5180 which requires 4 color and 1 B&W cartridges
I get my ink from Ebay and pay about $6.00-$8.00 for all 5 refilled carts which includes shipping and have never had a problem.

There are several online sites for printing including Red Plum, Smart Source, Coupons.com, etc...

Most prints have a limit of 2 and if the coupon fails to print you're often out-of-luck but not always. If you've run out of paper just put some in and hit ok and the coupons will print.

Most stores also have digital coupons that you can load to your rewards card. These are great if you don't have a paper coupon but they're accepted at face-value only

If you can find a store that allows stacking then you can save even more. Stacking is when you have a paper coupon and a digital one for the same product. For example, if you have a paper coupon for $2.00 off one DiGiorno pizza and a digital one, you can use both to save $.4.00 and this also works with super-doubles so your savings would be $6.00.

Digital coupons will only work once per-item, if you have 3 pizzas and 3 paper coupons you can use them all but not digital

Each store's coupon policy should let you know if stacking is accepted plus any limits on doubling/tripling coupons. Stores in my area have a limit of 20 per-day.

If coupons say do not double or triple then the policy is upheld unless the cashier doesn't bother looking and just scans them. You can see it on the screen if it doubles and wasn't supposed to. It's the cashier's job to check first, not yours to let them know that it says no doubling.

Above all else stay organized as much as possible. Nobody wants to stand inline behind someone trying to find or sort through coupons.

You can also use coupons at Dollar Tree as long as they're $1.00 or less and you can get some good deals if you have the patience because even though they accept them the cashiers will go over them with a fine-tooth-comb.
 
Old 02-08-2015, 04:35 AM   #757
veggie-tari-jenn
Senior Member
SARCASTIC COUPON PRINCESS!!
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2008
Posts: 1,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
17 items at CVS:

Deal #1:

Bengay - $4.49
Coupon - $1.00
Sub total - $3.49
Tax - .24
Total - $3.73
Received $3.00 Extra Bucks


Deal #2:

2 Arm & Hammer Spinbrush heads - $11.98
3 Colgate toothpaste - $9.00
Sub total - $20.98
Tax - $1.47
Total - $22.45
Coupons: $5.00 off $15.00 oral care purchase + $3.00 EB + $5.50 MFG
Total - $8.95
Received another $13.00 EB

Deal #3:

2 Scott tissue - $13.98
2 Scott paper towels - 10.98
3 boxes Kleenex - $4.50
Sub total = $29.46
Coupons: $6.00 off $30.00 purchase + $13.00 EB + $2.95 MFG = $21.95
Sub total - $7.51
Tax - $1.29
Total after coupons & EB = $8.80
Also got another $10.00 EB for a $30.00 purchase of Scott & Kleenex products

Deal #4:

Three 12-packs Dr. Pepper/Pepsi - $9.00
1 M&M's - $1.19
Sub total - $10.19
Tax -.71
Total $10.90 - $10.00 EB = .90 Cents
Also received another $1.00 EB from the M&M's


Total paid after coupons & EB = $22.43


Regular prices: (each)

1. Bengay - $5.49
2. Spinbrush - 9.99
3. Toothpaste - $3.99
2. Scott tissue - $10.99
2. Scott paper towels - $7.49
3. Kleenex - $2.27
3. Dr. Pepper/Pepsi - $5.99
1. M&M's - $1.19


Sub total - $100.37
Tax - $7.03
Total - $107.40


Total saved - $84.97





TOTALLY AWESOME SHOPPING TRIP
 
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #758
JamesG
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37,801
Default

New knee-high military-style combat boots.

Got them from one of those leather stores in Greenwich Village.


 
Old 02-08-2015, 11:20 PM   #759
Tubehead
Senior Member
Member
 
Tubehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: chattanooga.tn
Posts: 4,342
Default most recent purchase

cds:
Derek minor -empire
icon for heir icon for hire

blu rays
Hercules with the rock
edge of tomorrow with tom cruise
Peabody & shear men computer cartoon


movies on dvd
patch Adams with robin Williams

TV series
cannon season one volume one
 
Old 02-09-2015, 03:03 AM   #760
veggie-tari-jenn
Senior Member
SARCASTIC COUPON PRINCESS!!
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2008
Posts: 1,880
Default

I cleaned up at the dollar tree today...with coupons of course...

2 cans of rotel..used a 50 cents off 2 coupon...
2 bottles of Kikkoman soy sauce..used 2 55 cents off coupons'
2 bottles of welches jelly..used 2 75 cents off coupons
2 packages of frozen michelinas entrees used a coupon for 1.00 off 2...one FREE.
2 cans of veggie progresso soup..used a coupon for 50 cents off 2.
box of peanut butter pop tarts..used a 1.00 off coupon...FREE..
bottle of heinz hot and spicy ketchup...used 50 cents off coupon
2 small bottles wishbone dressing and I used a coupon for 40 cents off 2.
2 betty crocker boxed potatoes..used a 50 cents off 2 coupon.
2 bags chex mix...used a 50 cents off coupon.
box of state fair corn dogs...used a 55 cents off coupon
4 boxes of nissin chow mein noodles..used a coupon for 1.00 off 4.
small bag fisher nuts...used a 1.00 off coupon...FREE
box of Junior Mints...used a 1.00 off coupon...FREE
2 Revlon nail polish...used 2 1.00 off coupons...FREE
2 softsoap....used 2 40 cents off coupons
colgate toothbrush...used a 75 cents off coupon
lady speed stick..used a 75 cents off coupon
mens speed stick...used a 75 cents off coupon.
2 packages hormel pepperoni..used a coupon for 1.00 off 2...one FREE

its hard to use coupons at the dollar tree..they do go over them with a fine tooth comb but its soooo worth it with the awesome deals you can get...if your coupons don't scan ask for a manager they will over ride them....and you can use a coupon on an item for over the value...they will just adjust it down to a dollar and you will get it for FREE...
 
Old 02-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #761
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Mrs Torgo (by a friend)
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
New knee-high military-style combat boots.

Got them from one of those leather stores in Greenwich Village.



Going goosestepping?
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
 
Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #762
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 30,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie-tari-jenn
I cleaned up at the dollar tree today...with coupons of course...

2 cans of rotel..used a 50 cents off 2 coupon...
2 bottles of Kikkoman soy sauce..used 2 55 cents off coupons'
2 bottles of welches jelly..used 2 75 cents off coupons
2 packages of frozen michelinas entrees used a coupon for 1.00 off 2...one FREE.
2 cans of veggie progresso soup..used a coupon for 50 cents off 2.
box of peanut butter pop tarts..used a 1.00 off coupon...FREE..
bottle of heinz hot and spicy ketchup...used 50 cents off coupon
2 small bottles wishbone dressing and I used a coupon for 40 cents off 2.
2 betty crocker boxed potatoes..used a 50 cents off 2 coupon.
2 bags chex mix...used a 50 cents off coupon.
box of state fair corn dogs...used a 55 cents off coupon
4 boxes of nissin chow mein noodles..used a coupon for 1.00 off 4.
small bag fisher nuts...used a 1.00 off coupon...FREE
box of Junior Mints...used a 1.00 off coupon...FREE
2 Revlon nail polish...used 2 1.00 off coupons...FREE
2 softsoap....used 2 40 cents off coupons
colgate toothbrush...used a 75 cents off coupon
lady speed stick..used a 75 cents off coupon
mens speed stick...used a 75 cents off coupon.
2 packages hormel pepperoni..used a coupon for 1.00 off 2...one FREE

its hard to use coupons at the dollar tree..they do go over them with a fine tooth comb but its soooo worth it with the awesome deals you can get...if your coupons don't scan ask for a manager they will over ride them....and you can use a coupon on an item for over the value...they will just adjust it down to a dollar and you will get it for FREE...


Way cool!!! I love the Dollar stores! They are so much fun!!
I gotta grocery shop either today or tomorrow. The cupboards are getting bare!

 
Old 02-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #763
JamesG
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Going goosestepping?

Ha! I actually asked my "regular" shoe guy if he sells knee-high boots for men and he looks at me and goes "For what, fishing? heh heh heh."
 
Old 02-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #764
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 30,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Ha! I actually asked my "regular" shoe guy if he sells knee-high boots for men and he looks at me and goes "For what, fishing? heh heh heh."


What are you going to wear them to/for JamesG? Or is this another thing that might shock this old gal?
 
Old 02-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #765
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Mrs Torgo (by a friend)
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniegirl62
What are you going to wear them to/for JamesG? Or is this another thing that might shock this old gal?

I have a feeling most things James does would be shocking to you.
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.