Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Michael cole
Forum Regular
Henry Winkler

Default favorite discontinued foods

Reeses whips
Apple cinnamon pop tarts
Old 09-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael cole
Reeses whips
Apple cinnamon pop tarts

I used to LOVE Birdseye pick up stix ! They were like the pizza rolls now but bigger! I even remember the jingle ! It was a little catchy tune!

"Pick up , Pick up stix, they only take a few short minutes to fix, Pick up, Pick up stix! Yeah Birdseye pick up stix "!

They really didn't take that long to cook, but of course you had to put them in the regular over, it was before microwaves!

Old 09-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #3
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
Tom Petty 1950-2017

1. Back in the early 70's Campbell Soup had a tomato soup with small O -shaped pasta. I was addicted to it during my second pregnancy. But one day it disappeared.

2. In the 80's I loved Cracker Jack Cereal! But for some reason it was discontinued. I never knew why! It was so yummy!
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
wiseguy182

I had never heard of Pick Up Stix or Cracker Jack cereal, but they sound good.

My entries:

-Pillsbury frozen regular size blueberry waffles (unlike Eggo's, these actually had flavor to them)

- 123 Jello (3 layer, multi-variety jello)

-Doodads snack mix (if you turned the package upside down, it spelled "spapoop")

-Barnone candy bar. Sort of a cross between a Kit Kat and a Whatchamacalit, with no shortage of chocolate and crushed peanuts. Later versions contained caramel. Lots of people want this back.

-7 up bar. Never had this as it was before my time, but it sounds so good. Basically, a box of mix chocolates in candy bar form with 7 sections, each containing a different flavor. Discontinued because it reminded people too much of 7 up the drink.

-PB Maxx - another thing I didn't get to try, but really wanted to. Sort of like the shape of a Bun, but loaded with peanut butter and peanuts. Discontinued also because of a stupid reason: The Mars folks hated peanut butter.

-Pepperidge Farm Salzburg cookies: delightfully textured mocha cookie. Discontinued, but 80 million versions of the horrid Milanos are still around.

-Swanson fish tv dinner.

-Klondike NASCAR bars. Round klondikes with caramel and peanuts.

-The big Lunchables, with 2 meats, 2 cheeses, 2 types of crackers, a chocolate mint and a packet of Dijon mustard.

-Just Right and Clusters cereal

-Bubble Eez Bubble gum. The softest bubble gum ever, shaped in a big gumball, came 6 to a pouch and had the catchiest jingle in the recorded history of Planet Earth. Apparently discontinued because some packages contained traces of cocaine (?!)

-Cheez it Twists. Two flavors in one twisted cheez it.

-lots of flavors of Snapple, including Mint tea. Didn't try some of them because Snapple has always been hard to get in my area.

Not sure if these are still around, but Catherine Clark bread and Pepperidge Farm cheese sticks, the latter of which was flat out addictive.

Last edited by wiseguy182 : 09-08-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
1. Back in the early 70's Campbell Soup had a tomato soup with small O -shaped pasta. I was addicted to it during my second pregnancy. But one day it disappeared.

2. In the 80's I loved Cracker Jack Cereal! But for some reason it was discontinued. I never knew why! It was so yummy!

I never heard of Cracker Jack cereal either. I think I remember the tomato soup with pasta? What I can't find anymore that I used to like was Campbell's curly noodle soup!

And Wiseguy 182, I don't like those Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies either!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
wiseguy182

-Wendy's salad bars. I'm guessing they got rid of these because they took up a lot of space in the restaurant. Also, the old Caesar side salads they had up until the mid-late 2000's. Now every salad they have has a bunch of nuts and fruit on it. Gross.

-Sweet Spots Cookies. flipping AWESOME small, circular shortbread cookies with a Heshey's kiss in the middle. Around in 1992 or thereabouts.

-Almost Home cookies. With the old-fashioned country home embroidered on the package, similar to Soft Batch.

-Giggles cookies.

-Peanut Butter putters, anyone remember these? A little before my time and I never had them, but they looked so good. Peanut butter and oats I believe, next to nothing about them on the internet.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #7
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

I loved Twix Cookies and Creme and Chocolate Fudge!...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 09-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #8
wiseguy182

Jimmy Dean Tastefuls. A competitor to Lunchables that offered more food: two decent size sandwiches, a bag of potato chips or other snack, and a name-brand dessert. Notable for Jimmy Dean taking a wicked verbal jab in the commercials stating that Lunchables were "not a lunch". Good concept, but the sandwiches were rather bland tasting. Perhaps a little retooling might have worked wonders.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #9
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Chocolate Dipped Altoids

These weren't around that long and I believe they launched in the mid-to-late 2000s.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #10
Wawwie

Buitoni toaster pizzas
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Crystal Pepsi!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #12
Dude111

One of my favourites thats been discontinued is GOLDEN GRAIN MACARONI AND CHEDDER!!!!! (mmmmmmmmmmmmm it was my favourite mac and cheese of all time (Sadly the company sold that division of thier company in 1986))

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...g=6003,4770606

Here is a commercial for it.. BRINGS ME TO TEARS!!

www.youtube.com/v/TNCUEslvovY

I also miss PRE-2000 M&Ms like crazy!!

I asked the company if they would consider using WATER instead of SKIM MILK.. (It wont taste as bad as it does with SKIM MILK) They didnt reply to me.... (No surprise)

I didnt realise how much they are trying to keep this in the dark until I found a WIKI page discussing M&M candies a couple years ago and ya know how you can edit the pages??

I added in that they changed all thier candy recipes IN THE YEAR 2000 to skim milk from reg milk (I didnt comment about the taste I just added that) and my comments were removed!! (Twice I added it and both times they were deleted) -- That told me right there!!!!!!

For a year MARS lied to me saying they didnt change anything.... THEY MUST THINK IM AN IDIOT THAT CANT READ OR TASTE ANYTHING!!! (they must think most are and dont like those like ME who dont take thier BS and stand up to them)
Old 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM   #13
cleverfun3000

Old 09-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #14
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

McRib hasn't been discontinued.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #15
wiseguy182

A little down in the weeds, but Mocha flavor Carnation Instant Breakfast. Discontinued so they could put a 3rd type of chocolate in the variety pack.