Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Tyler Perry's House of Payne links at Sitcoms Online / Tyler Perry's House of Payne Photo Gallery

House of Payne - Volume One - Episodes 1-20

Buy House of Payne - Volume One - Episodes 1-20 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Two - Episodes 21-40

Buy House of Payne - Volume Two - Episodes 21-40 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Three - Episodes 41-60

Buy House of Payne - Volume Three - Episodes 41-60 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Four - Episodes 61-80

Buy House of Payne - Volume Four - Episodes 61-80 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Five - Episodes 81-100

Buy House of Payne - Volume Five - Episodes 81-100 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Six - Episodes 101-124

Buy House of Payne - Volume Six - Episodes 101-124 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Seven - Episodes 125-148

Buy House of Payne - Volume Seven - Episodes 125-148 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Eight - Episodes 149-172

Buy House of Payne - Volume Eight - Episodes 149-172 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Nine - Episodes 173-192

Buy House of Payne - Volume Nine - Episodes 173-192 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Ten - Episodes 193-212

Buy House of Payne - Volume Ten - Episodes 193-212 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Tyler Perry's House of Payne
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV TBS Cancels "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" and Greenlights "For Better or Worse"

TBS Cancels "House of Payne", Green-Lights Third Tyler Perry Sitcom
by Chris Harnick
posted Apr 26th 2011

"House of Payne", which has been on for seven seasons, has been canceled. The show has been on since 2006.

"Tyler Perry's series have been tremendously successful for TBS, helping establish the network as a prime destination for African-American viewers," Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TBS, TNT and TCM, said in a statement.

"Given such a remarkable track record, we're excited for the opportunity to expand our relationship with Tyler Perry and Debmar-Mercury with the new series 'For Better or Worse,'" he said.

TBS has ordered a third comedy from Tyler Perry, this one based on his Why Did I Get Married? films.

The show, "For Better or Worse", is set to star Michael Jai White and Tasha Smith as their movie characters Marcus and Angela. TBS has yet to announce the rest of the cast.

So far, 10 episodes have been ordered.

"Even though it will be sad to say goodbye to 'House of Payne,' I'm really looking forward to exploring new territory with 'For Better or Worse,'" Perry said in a statement.

"Working on 'House of Payne' taught me a lot about what it takes to make a successful television series and I'm looking forward to applying that experience to 'For Better or Worse.'"

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/04/26/ty...y-tbs-sitcoms/
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
TBS Cancels "House of Payne", Green-Lights Third Tyler Perry Sitcom
by Chris Harnick
posted Apr 26th 2011

"House of Payne", which has been on for seven seasons, has been canceled. The show has been on since 2006.

Wait! Cancelled? I thought the show was ending due to Mr. Perry's decision. Some of the cast members have other projects going on.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
cleverfun3000

This was an absolutely TERRIBLE show from the very beginning. I have rarely seen a situation comedy so consistently be unfunny and dull. The lead characters were insanely unlikable and the cast basically mailed in their lines. This show fully expected to prosper just on Tyler Perry's name, and for about an hour it did, but then millions of people had to admit that this poor piece of garbage belonged in the crapper. And this is from someone who has seen over 20 shows over a few seasons - desperately hoping it would somehow improve: which it never did. In fact, it got worst each episode.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000

This was an absolutely TERRIBLE show from the very beginning. I have rarely seen a situation comedy so consistently be unfunny and dull. The lead characters were insanely unlikable and the cast basically mailed in their lines. This show fully expected to prosper just on Tyler Perry's name, and for about an hour it did, but then millions of people had to admit that this poor piece of garbage belonged in the crapper. And this is from someone who has seen over 20 shows over a few seasons - desperately hoping it would somehow improve: which it never did. In fact, it got worst each episode.

I respectfully beg to differ. This was not the best show on air but it was must see tv for me. To me, the show got better. I tune in to watch each new episode that is airing on TBS every wednesday night. I love tunning in. Sorry you don't like it. But you know what? I respect your right for sure. And know this, if you every commit a crime or felony, you will be subject to watching all 200 someodd episodes of this show!!!!

Last edited by ThomasE : 01-17-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Guess Whaaat! Tyler Perry got an order from TBS to film 42 more episodes of House of Payne. He begins filming tommorrow. It's being streched even more. Yay!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I didn't know House Of Payne got cancelled but i'm glad TBS ordered more episodes and i noticed it got moved to Fridays at 9pm and 9:30pm. I've been watching it lately and i like the new episodes. I saw Bookman from Good Times tv show on last night's episode. The little troubled boy who moved in with the Payne's used to play on Tracy Morgan show. He got in a gang last night and he got out the gang because the Payne's gave him a choice of staying with the gang and moving out or staying with them and leaving the gang.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

House Of Payne is a good show. Floyd gets on my nerves sometimes but i like the other characters. I was glad Keisha Knight Pulliam was added to the cast and she looks good. I want Allen Payne's wife. She is so hot. I'm surprised Tyler hasn't put her in his movies. I've seen commercials for Tyler's new show and i'm gonna check it out but i got a feeling it isn't gonna last as long as House Of Payne. Meet The Browns should be cancelled instead of House Of Payne.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Well, you got your wish. Canceled show is renewed while other show is canceled.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
limonthas
Occasional Poster

Default House of Payne renewed???

Please clarify for me. You say more episodes were ordered... does that mean the show is no longer cancelled???? Please tell me my show is staying!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
limonthas
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Well, you got your wish. Canceled show is renewed while other show is canceled.
which show was cancelled? House of Brown or For Better or Worse (because it never got better at all)?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #11
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by limonthas
which show was cancelled? House of Brown or For Better or Worse (because it never got better at all)?

Now, it was "Meet the Browns" that finished its run on TBS after 140 episodes. "For better or worse" completed a 10 episode run on TBS. IMO, I think that show has a very good chance for 90 more episodes to be ordered by TBS. "House of Payne" is currently airing with new episodes from the order TBS order back in late 2010. Mr. Perry (per Allen Payne) went into production with the 50 episode order in December 2010 and continued through 2011 with a possible break in between and then continued.

TBS was not going to renew the show for more eps and then Mr. Perry announced this would be the final season of the show. However, this past October or November, Mr. Perry posted on his facebook page, "Guess what? TBS ordered 42 more episode of HOP and we go into production beginning monday".

TBS is still airing episodes from its 50 episode order. The fresh 42 episode order has yet to be completed (10 episodes, more or less) and to air. I hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

How many seasons has House Of Payne had? I love the show and i watched last night's episodes. Last night's episode was sad when Calvin got shot and went to the hospital. If he survives, i got a feeling he's gonna be in a wheelchair and that's gonna suck because nobody likes being in a wheelchair. I see the guy who shot Calvin played on The Cosby Show as Malcolm Jamal Warner's friend. I don't know his real name and i also saw him in The Principal movie with James Belushi and Lou Gossett Jr. I know he was glad to have a reunion with Allen Payne and Keisha Knight Pulliam since they were also on The Cosby Show. Black on black crime needs to be stopped and i'm tired of blacks dying because of our ignorance and hatred towards each other. For Better Or For Worse show does suck and i wish it would get cancelled instead of House Of Payne. I only watched one episode of For Better Or For Worse and i didn't like it. I get tired of seeing Tasha Smith playing ghetto characters. I know Michael Jai White's character is tired of being with her LOL.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

I loved For Better or Worse. Tasha is playing down the ghetto (IMO) on this show. She seems calmer instead of being loud mouthed all the time. I think House of Payne is in the ninth season if I'm not mistaken. It could be the eighth, though.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I saw a commercial last night for For Better Or Worse and it's coming back on in June. Oh no hahahahahahahahahaha. I won't be watching it. I like the hot black woman that works at Tasha Smith's beauty salon. I don't know her name. You know who she is ThomasE?
Old 03-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Are you talking about the sassy, overweight one? OR are you talking about the financial consultant engaged to the husband's buddy?