Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Waterston_Fan

Default Season 11, the final one

Because it's there: Who makes a list of things you want to do in twenty years? I thought it was okay but I liked the chat between M/F at the hill.

Ballad of Joanie and Chachi: Sometimes I wished they broke up for a season to see how they would be. They don't seem to break up for a long time kind of thing.

Where the guys are: I thought it was okay but I liked the chat Fonzie had with Barbara. I thought you could die if you are in a sauna all night long? Poor Howard, opens his big mouth again.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i hated the back and forth - are they together or are they apart between Joanie and Chachi, other than that I liked the final season
Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

welcome home Richie was good episode wish Ralph Malph could of had more scenes like with potsie n richie it was a tear jerker but good episode before we know it we be seeing season one again
Old 04-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default i was happy with the hub they didn't butcher welcome home

some episodes i have seen have been cut up pretty badly but i wasn't to upset i know some things were cut out but overall not a butcher job.the quality of the print seemed very good.ill give it on a scale of 1-10 an 8 and a half.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Waterston_Fan

I know I haven't been doing this much but here it is...

Glove Story: It was okay. It was funny to see Howard holding on the the ropes when it gets stretched.

Vocational Education: It shows what happens when you have a degree but I thought it was cool that Roger had Fonzie come aboard.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Waterston_Fan

You get what you pay for: Thought it was okay. But Howard should have listened to Joanie when she said it was a semester project and plus, don't they have to have a permit or something? Loved the water breaking through.

Kiss me Teach: I guess this kind of episode I didn't care for because of the subject but it was good acting though.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
Waterston_Fan

Welcome home Richie part 1 and 2.

I loved the episode and it was nice to see Richie and Ralph again.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Waterston_Fan

The people Vs. the Fonz: I liked this one and it shows how Fonize was willing to take the blame for something. If you've seen Like Mother, Like Daughter, you would know about the incident about Howard getting clobbered by Fonzie.

Apparently, I'm not sure what hitting is anymore. The guy was tossed, not hit. How is that hitting?

Social Studies: Meh.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
Waterston_Fan

The spirit is willing: Creepy.

So how was your weekend?: It was okay but I would think Mother Kelp would have realized by now that Marion won't leave her. I bet she still hates Her--Howard after that.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
Waterston_Fan

Low Notes: Meh.

School Dazed: It shows you can have a normal home life and have a drug problem sometimes.

Fonzie's spots: Wow... Howard does the unthinkable but I have to admit, why would you want to join something like that, they are mostly old men.

Fonzie moves out: I liked this one but I do wonder if Fonzie was able to stay at that place after he adopted.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
mets82

Well, the one with The Fonz and that girl that resembled the twlight zone was weird.
I liked when Fonzie, Roger and Chacai were going to join the Leopard Lodge. I thought it was one of the funnier episodes and Potsie was actually in one for a change.
I agree that Joanie and Chacai should've broken up sooner because they were not apart for very long.
Another funny one was when Howard redid the bathroom all by himself and the water fell.
I kind of wish when Fonzie moved would have happened sooner just because what was really the point of him moving when the next episode was the series finale? If this episode happened sooner, you could have had some story with The Fonz somewhere else other than The Cunninghams.
I've already mentioned the Welcome Home episode already on the board. I think the episode should have been light and fluffy and funny. I mean the first part of the 2 part episode, 20 mins. in, Richie and Mr. C are fighting. Not to mention how angry Richie was at dinner when he couldnt get soda with his meal (which I think stinks anyway). I mean Richie and Ralph were both gone for 3 yrs. and the 2 parter could have been more comedic.
Btw, why the hell was Ralph not in part 2 although I did like when Richie beat up that guy in the bar and The Fonz says something of the effect of "Rich, shouldnt I be doing that"? I thought that was funny.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default i love the last season always have

maybe because there was a point in time where if you didn't see these episodes
when they first aired it took forever for them to be repeated.but the stories were all decent the episodes were acted well and the WELCOME HOME episodes
as well as PASSAGES have been my all time favorites all in all season 11 was by far much better than some of the the rich and ralph less seasons
Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
Welcome home Richie part 1 and 2.

I loved the episode and it was nice to see Richie and Ralph again.

It was nice to see Richie again....but me and my roommate had the same response to Ralph. "I forgot how annoying he was!" Sorry, but Ralph really got on my nerves, every episode was "how are ya how are ya how are ya" and "I still got it!" Nothing against Don Most, because he's a good actor. I just never really cared for his character, I think it was definately time for his character to leave.

I read once that Garry Marshall said Happy Days was about "the pain of growing up," so I think this ep. really brought that full circle for Richie.

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Victory Shal Be Mine!"~~Stewie Griffin, "Family Guy"
Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac81s
It was nice to see Richie again....but me and my roommate had the same response to Ralph. "I forgot how annoying he was!" Sorry, but Ralph really got on my nerves, every episode was "how are ya how are ya how are ya" and "I still got it!" Nothing against Don Most, because he's a good actor. I just never really cared for his character, I think it was definately time for his character to leave.

I read once that Garry Marshall said Happy Days was about "the pain of growing up," so I think this ep. really brought that full circle for Richie.

Yes, it did show the pain of growing up and it did happen to Richie.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:59 AM   #15
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

I saw this on the "20 Biggest Mess-Ups/Mistakes in NBC History" thread (post #179)

"That ladt season was actually laying groundwork for a potential 12th year..."

How come they started to "lay the (potential) groundwork" for a 12th season of Happy Days if its popularity was declining during the early 1980s? Maybe at first, they didn't know that the ratings for season 11 of HD were going to drop below 50th place. I understand them changing up the theme song and the opening credits, but my opinion is that, logically, the show shouldn't have had its original run go past the spring of 1984 (aside from the fact that 5 episodes were burned off during the summer).