Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Rugrats Revived on Nickelodeon; Vanilla Ice Project Returns Aug. 11
Guests Line Up for Caroline Rhea Series; UnREAL Season 4 Premieres on Hulu
Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
studd911

Default Did Fonzie give up working in the garage after he became part owner of arnold

Did Fonzie give up working at the garage after he became part owner of arnold and also teaching at jefferson high school
studd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

no, he just split up his time more
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Waterston_Fan

But did he sell Arnold's or did he just become a silent partner. I got the sense he sold it back to Arnold.

At the end of the show, do we assume he quit his position at the very tough school after Joanie was almost attacked? In the episode before he moves out, there was the episode about the car he was renovating.
Waterston_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
anglemark10
Forum Regular

As far as I could determine, at the end of the series, Fonzie still owned his garage, Fonzie's Auto Repairing, still owned his half of Arnold's, and was still Dean of Boys at Patton High School.
anglemark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
As far as I could determine, at the end of the series, Fonzie still owned his garage, Fonzie's Auto Repairing, still owned his half of Arnold's, and was still Dean of Boys at Patton High School.

Yep, that's right.

To quote the Fonz from an earlier episode, "The Fonz's work is never done." Lol!

They pretty much only showed him on-screen at whichever job the episode's story needed to show him at.

I imagine that he would have put together a pretty good staff at the garage, so probably wasn't there much on a regular basis. He was also probably more of a silent partner in Arnold's by that time too, not needing to be that involved in the day-to-day operations of the business.

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Well how the hell should I know?”~~Thelma Harper, “Mama’s Family”/“Carol Burnett Show”
tmac81s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
I didn't see much of the last season due to the fact I had a job after school and didn't own a VCR, so unless there was an explanation that Fonzie went back to night school and got a teaching certificate, how did someone who only had a high school diploma become Dean Of Boys at a high school?

I could see Fonzie teaching auto mechanics at Jefferson HIgh because back then they probably gave him credit for having actual mechanical experience, but to be a Dean, I imagine you'd have to have some sort of college degree.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
jsgtrman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I didn't see much of the last season due to the fact I had a job after school and didn't own a VCR, so unless there was an explanation that Fonzie went back to night school and got a teaching certificate, how did someone who only had a high school diploma become Dean Of Boys at a high school?

I could see Fonzie teaching auto mechanics at Jefferson HIgh because back then they probably gave him credit for having actual mechanical experience, but to be a Dean, I imagine you'd have to have some sort of college degree.
Well, it pays to know people. In this case, Fonzie knew Roger. They just showed this episode the other night on the HUB network, so still fresh in my mind. Roger got the job as Principal at the rough and tough school Patton High school, and Fonzie does some griping and acts jealous and mentions HE wanted the job but COULDN'T get it since he doesn't have "that piece of paper". or something to that effect. He also kinda goes on to imply he thinks HE would be the better fit rather than Roger with the Harvard (or is it Yale?) education, since Fonzie could better handle the tough students.

The episode evolves and features Crispin Glover as a tough kid giving Roger a hard time, and it takes Fonzie to help out and knowing the right way to deal with him since he's more street smart and can relate more to the kids than Roger. Roger has the good ideas, but Fonzie knows how to relate and communicate with the kids better. So Roger offers him a job to help out, i believe he asks him first to "Assistant Principal" which Fonzie doesn't like the sound of, then "Dean of Boys" gets Fonzie's attention, then he thinks about DUKE of Boys, then he decides "No, I like Dean of Boys" better. So, there ya go. I guess probably anybody that wanted the job at that kind of school could probably have one. Which, btw, is kinda how Joanie gets her teaching job there a few episodes later in "Kiss The Teach" which just aired tonight.

However, I do agree probably ANY school you need diplomas and degrees to teach. But...it's television!
jsgtrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Waterston_Fan

Do we assume that Roger, Fonzie and Joanie are at Patton high at the end of the series?
Waterston_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
He's The Fonz, you really need an explanation?

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
He's The Fonz, you really need an explanation?

Can't argue with that kind of logic. Whoa!
Dr. Thong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #11
jsgtrman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
Do we assume that Roger, Fonzie and Joanie are at Patton high at the end of the series?
There's no assuming about it, on the Hub it's on the last few episodes of the series, and that's where they all are, as of tonight's episode "The people vs. The Fonz". There's excellent info and episode guide here on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Days_episodes

I haven't watched the finale again yet "Passages", but unless something really crazy happens, like Joanie marries Chachi or something really crazy...I think that's where they're staying!
jsgtrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default no he owned both

al and then arnold again we suppose tp be running arnolds
dave insinga is offline   Reply With Quote