Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
studd911

Default Did Fonzie give up working in the garage after he became part owner of arnold

Did Fonzie give up working at the garage after he became part owner of arnold and also teaching at jefferson high school
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

no, he just split up his time more
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Waterston_Fan

But did he sell Arnold's or did he just become a silent partner. I got the sense he sold it back to Arnold.

At the end of the show, do we assume he quit his position at the very tough school after Joanie was almost attacked? In the episode before he moves out, there was the episode about the car he was renovating.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
anglemark10
Forum Regular

As far as I could determine, at the end of the series, Fonzie still owned his garage, Fonzie's Auto Repairing, still owned his half of Arnold's, and was still Dean of Boys at Patton High School.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
As far as I could determine, at the end of the series, Fonzie still owned his garage, Fonzie's Auto Repairing, still owned his half of Arnold's, and was still Dean of Boys at Patton High School.

Yep, that's right.

To quote the Fonz from an earlier episode, "The Fonz's work is never done." Lol!

They pretty much only showed him on-screen at whichever job the episode's story needed to show him at.

I imagine that he would have put together a pretty good staff at the garage, so probably wasn't there much on a regular basis. He was also probably more of a silent partner in Arnold's by that time too, not needing to be that involved in the day-to-day operations of the business.

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Victory Shal Be Mine!"~~Stewie Griffin, "Family Guy"
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10

I didn't see much of the last season due to the fact I had a job after school and didn't own a VCR, so unless there was an explanation that Fonzie went back to night school and got a teaching certificate, how did someone who only had a high school diploma become Dean Of Boys at a high school?

I could see Fonzie teaching auto mechanics at Jefferson HIgh because back then they probably gave him credit for having actual mechanical experience, but to be a Dean, I imagine you'd have to have some sort of college degree.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
jsgtrman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I didn't see much of the last season due to the fact I had a job after school and didn't own a VCR, so unless there was an explanation that Fonzie went back to night school and got a teaching certificate, how did someone who only had a high school diploma become Dean Of Boys at a high school?

I could see Fonzie teaching auto mechanics at Jefferson HIgh because back then they probably gave him credit for having actual mechanical experience, but to be a Dean, I imagine you'd have to have some sort of college degree.

Well, it pays to know people. In this case, Fonzie knew Roger. They just showed this episode the other night on the HUB network, so still fresh in my mind. Roger got the job as Principal at the rough and tough school Patton High school, and Fonzie does some griping and acts jealous and mentions HE wanted the job but COULDN'T get it since he doesn't have "that piece of paper". or something to that effect. He also kinda goes on to imply he thinks HE would be the better fit rather than Roger with the Harvard (or is it Yale?) education, since Fonzie could better handle the tough students.

The episode evolves and features Crispin Glover as a tough kid giving Roger a hard time, and it takes Fonzie to help out and knowing the right way to deal with him since he's more street smart and can relate more to the kids than Roger. Roger has the good ideas, but Fonzie knows how to relate and communicate with the kids better. So Roger offers him a job to help out, i believe he asks him first to "Assistant Principal" which Fonzie doesn't like the sound of, then "Dean of Boys" gets Fonzie's attention, then he thinks about DUKE of Boys, then he decides "No, I like Dean of Boys" better. So, there ya go. I guess probably anybody that wanted the job at that kind of school could probably have one. Which, btw, is kinda how Joanie gets her teaching job there a few episodes later in "Kiss The Teach" which just aired tonight.

However, I do agree probably ANY school you need diplomas and degrees to teach. But...it's television!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Waterston_Fan

Do we assume that Roger, Fonzie and Joanie are at Patton high at the end of the series?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong

He's The Fonz, you really need an explanation?

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
He's The Fonz, you really need an explanation?

Can't argue with that kind of logic. Whoa!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #11
jsgtrman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
Do we assume that Roger, Fonzie and Joanie are at Patton high at the end of the series?

There's no assuming about it, on the Hub it's on the last few episodes of the series, and that's where they all are, as of tonight's episode "The people vs. The Fonz". There's excellent info and episode guide here on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Days_episodes

I haven't watched the finale again yet "Passages", but unless something really crazy happens, like Joanie marries Chachi or something really crazy...I think that's where they're staying!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default no he owned both

al and then arnold again we suppose tp be running arnolds