Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Waterston_Fan

Default Season 10

A woman not under the influence: Should have been called Fonzie grows up. I liked it but nowadays kids are told not to talk to strangers. And maybe it's me but it seems Heather shouts her lines.

Letting go: I liked it but liked the talk between H/J and F/H.

Empty Nest: It was cool but got some problems with the scenes... Howard would drive up, wouldn't he have seen the RV thing in the drive way? Fonzie asks where have you been doing the last 4 years? 4 years? When I count it's 8 or 9 years... But not sure if he went to Japan for a time then after the divorce went to the peace corps.

A Night at the Circus: It was kinda blah. Some funny scenes but I would think that Dick could have held off going to another country and make sure that K.C gets to the right boarding school.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
And maybe it's me but it seems Heather shouts her lines.
It's not just you. I've noticed that quite a bit, and it's very annoying. It's the main reason I never liked the Heather character.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default season ten is my least favorite of all hd seasons

i consider myself a big happy days fan,and for whatever reasons dislike season 10 the most.maybe its because its more like a fonzie loves ashley spin off
maybe because it seemed to get away from arnolds where the series had always been centered around.maybe because joannie wasn't around and potsie became really pathetic.for whatever reason i really miss richie and ralph more so in the 10th session than in the other seasons without them.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
It's not just you. I've noticed that quite a bit, and it's very annoying. It's the main reason I never liked the Heather character.

I've noticed that with a LOT of child actors, particularly on older shows. Especially if filmed in front of an audience. (Was HD still shot in front of an audience in season 10?)

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Victory Shal Be Mine!"~~Stewie Griffin, "Family Guy"
Old 04-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac81s
I've noticed that with a LOT of child actors, particularly on older shows. Especially if filmed in front of an audience. (Was HD still shot in front of an audience in season 10?)

Yes, it was filmed before a studio audience...

Nowadays they have canned laughter right? Audience isn't there.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Waterston_Fan

A little case of revenge: I liked this one... Tom Hanks was great, wished he came back again. Fonz looks sooo cute in a suit..

Who gives a Hootenany: Should have been called Fonzie learns to Change. It was okay. Joanie said in this episode that Richie told her she couldn't carry a tune, well, I don't think they are that good singers.

Going Steady: It was just blah sorta. But I guess this is a way for Fonzie to learn things... Oh and um... Grandma Nussbaum has been disowned 4 times? What happened to her husbands?

Such a nice girl: Didn't like this at all.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Yes, it was filmed before a studio audience...

Nowadays they have canned laughter right? Audience isn't there.

Actually, just the opposite. Most of today's sitcoms not filmed in front of an audience have no laugh track whatsover. Which is the way it should be.

Getting back to Fonzie and Ashley, I remember the National Enquirer printing an item that Fonz and Ashley were going to get their own spin off.

The show was already creatively wobbly, past it's prime and falling in the ratings. That would have certainly ended it sooner. But considering the source, it was probably untrue.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Who gives a Hootenany: Should have been called Fonzie learns to Change. It was okay. Joanie said in this episode that Richie told her she couldn't carry a tune, well, I don't think they are that good singers.
I agree that Scott was not a good singer, but I always liked Erin's voice.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Waterston_Fan

There's no business, like no business: I liked this one. Fonz sure don't give up. Potsie sure got hired pretty quickly. When Howard has decided to move the store, how can Potsie suddenly work for Howard? Sheesh.

Since I don't have you: This was okay but I'm sure things like this do happen in real life. This episode reminded me of the one where Richie was ready to drop everything and go with Barbara.

Hello, Pfisters: Man, Fonzie sure is a pain in the ass in this episode. I do agree that it is strange that her parents invite her to an anniversary bash. Howard and the queen's beef.. man, that musta been one hell of a good beef, huh Howie? That's one big assed burger too pal..

I drink, therefore I am: Didn't care for this episode. It does show that you can make suggestions, tell people how you feel they can always, almost always make the wrong decision. Ashley seemed way too cool and calm for a mom whose daughter got hit.

EDIT: I forgot what episode it was, do we assume that Howard moved his store or closed it?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
There's no business, like no business: I liked this one. Fonz sure don't give up. Potsie sure got hired pretty quickly. When Howard has decided to move the store, how can Potsie suddenly work for Howard? Sheesh.

Potsie began working at the store in the season 9 opener "Home Movies."
Old 04-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #11
70s show watcher

Quote:
A woman not under the influence: Should have been called Fonzie grows up. I liked it but nowadays kids are told not to talk to strangers. And maybe it's me but it seems Heather shouts her lines.

Letting go: I liked it but liked the talk between H/J and F/H.

Empty Nest: It was cool but got some problems with the scenes... Howard would drive up, wouldn't he have seen the RV thing in the drive way? Fonzie asks where have you been doing the last 4 years? 4 years? When I count it's 8 or 9 years... But not sure if he went to Japan for a time then after the divorce went to the peace corps.

A Night at the Circus: It was kinda blah. Some funny scenes but I would think that Dick could have held off going to another country and make sure that K.C gets to the right boarding school.
pat morita had made a guest apperence about 4 years before in the bougs bills ep so thats probably where the 4 year timeline comes from
Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Potsie began working at the store in the season 9 opener "Home Movies."

Right. But in the 'No buisness' episode, Howard had to let Potsie go and he went to another hardware store.

Then in the 'Life is' episode, he quits that store and works for Mr. C?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
Waterston_Fan

Prisoner of Love: I kinda liked this one and it does show that sometimes convicts aren't really given a fair shot.. Even if it is understandable.

Life is more important than show business: I liked this one too... So Howard closed the store and built a bigger one?

Nervous Romance: Loved the part about the guy with the cigar being dumped on and pushed out. And loved the ending part where Howard realizes he said something he shouldn't have said. Those are the only two things I liked about this very boring episode.

I am not at liberty: Didn't like this one.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #14
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Right. But in the 'No buisness' episode, Howard had to let Potsie go and he went to another hardware store.

Then in the 'Life is' episode, he quits that store and works for Mr. C?

I would have to guess that there was originally an on-screen explanation for this somewhere, but was probably lost to a syndication cut.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
I would have to guess that there was originally an on-screen explanation for this somewhere, but was probably lost to a syndication cut.

Wonder if the episode that is on youtube would have that explanation.

Would it make sense that he closes the small store and opens another bigger store somewhere else? Could this be what happened?

If I decide to write HD story after the 10th season I just want to get the situation right.