Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Mork & Mindy Online / Mork & Mindy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Mork & Mindy Photo Gallery

Mork & Mindy - The Complete First Season

Buy Mork & Mindy - The Complete First Season on DVD
Mork & Mindy - The Second Season

Buy Mork & Mindy - The Second Season on DVD
Mork & Mindy - The Third Season

Buy Mork & Mindy - The Third Season on DVD
Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season

Buy Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season on DVD
Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

Buy Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Mork & Mindy
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Default WHATEVER HAPPENED TO: Pam Dawber

http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com/...am-dawber.html

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO: PAM DAWBER

Pam Dawber was a very popular TV actress for most of the 1980ís. Yet, she hasnít appeared in anything in a decade. What ever happened to her?

Growing up in Detroit, Pam eventually headed to New York where she became a model. This led to commercial work and finally, to her first feature film Robert Altmanís THE WEDDING. Soon after the release of the film, she was signed by ABC to star in a new sitcom.

MORK AND MINDY

Alongside a little known comic named Robin Williams, the show about an alien who moves in with a girl was a huge hit. The show ran from 1978 to 1982.

While the show was on the air, and after its cancellation, Pam would star in many TV movies. There was 1980ís THE GIRL, THE GOLD WATCH & EVERYTHING with Robert Hays, 1982ís REMEMBRANCE OF LOVE with Kirk Douglas, 1985ís THIS WIFE FOR HIRE with Robert Klein and WILD HORSES with Kenny Rogers.

In 1986, she starred on another popular sitcom, MY SISTER SAM. Sadly, the series is best known for the fact that her co-star Rebecca Schaeffer was later killed by an obsessed fan. The show went off the air in 1988.

After SAM, Pam would still make TV movies, and appeared as John Ritterís wife in the 1992 film STAY TUNED. She even was a voice in several animated series. Her final acting work was in 1999 in the feature film IíLL REMEMBER APRIL and the TV film DONíT LOOK BEHIND YOU.

So, What Ever Happened To Her?

In 1987, Pam married actor Mark Harmon. They had two children and are, to this day, still married.

So, her retirement was essentially to become a mom.

Here is an interview she gave in 2008 where she talks about her life and decision to stay with her kids.

She acts as a spokesperson for Big Brothers and Big Sisters and has done infomercials for the EyeQ reading service.

As she states in the interview, there is always a chance for her to return to acting when her kids get older.
Attached Images

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 04-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

I'd love to see her guest star on NCIS.

CBS totally killed MSS. The show was a hit during the first season and then the following year it was moved to Saturdays. It was never on for very long that season when it did air. Sadly it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. Rebecca Schaeffer was murdered a year after the series ended and the show never would have survived that.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I wish she'd guest on NCIS as well. I guess only she and Mark know why she hasn't - but they have acted together before (in the 2000 TV movie I'll Remember April). Sonny, if you haven't seen it, Pam's Intimate Portrait is on YouTube. It's a great special - and a M&M co-star introduced Pam and Mark (I won't give away who it is!!).
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I wish she'd guest on NCIS as well. I guess only she and Mark know why she hasn't - but they have acted together before (in the 2000 TV movie I'll Remember April). Sonny, if you haven't seen it, Pam's Intimate Portrait is on YouTube. It's a great special - and a M&M co-star introduced Pam and Mark (I won't give away who it is!!).
Thanks Monika. I'll have to check it out.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Thanks Monika. I'll have to check it out.

Let me know what you think!!