Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Dennis the Menace links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dennis the Menace Photo Gallery

Dennis the Menace - Season One

Buy Dennis the Menace - Season One on DVD
Dennis the Menace - Season Two

Buy Dennis the Menace - Season Two on DVD
Dennis the Menace - Season Three

Buy Dennis the Menace - Season Three on DVD
Dennis the Menace - The Final Season (Season Four)

Buy Dennis the Menace - The Final Season (Season Four) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Dennis the Menace
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Dennis the Menace - Season One DVD Review

Dennis the Menace is now available for the first time on any home entertainment format thanks to Shout! Factory. All 32 original uncut episodes of the seriesí first season is now available just for you! The series was based on the iconic, long-running comic strip (which debuted in '51) and still runs daily in over 1,000 newspapers in 48 countries. Airing on CBS from '59-'63, Dennis the Menace is a TV series based on the popular and iconic Hank Ketcham comic strip of the same name. The show follows the lives of the Mitchell family: Henry, Alice, and their only child, Dennis. Dennis is an energetic, well meaning, but trouble-prone boy but sometimes he is a mischievous child. He often tangles with peace-and-quiet-loving neighbor, George Wilson.

The sitcom stars Jay North as Dennis Mitchell, Herbert Anderson as his father Henry Mitchell, Gloria Henry as his mother Alice Mitchell, Joseph Kearns as George Wilson and Sylvia Field as Martha Wilson. Recurring are Dennisís friends Tommy (Billy Booth), Joey (Gil Smith) and Margaret (Jeannie Russell).

Read our review by Pavan here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/dennist...dvdreview.html

Please post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

This sounds like a great set with lots of fun extras! And this show was way overdue for a DVD release! Thank-you Shout factory!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Dina Sylvia Li
Frequent Poster
Im an Atheist deal with it !!!

OMG!!! This is on dvd now. I never thought Id see the day. Definitely going to search stores tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #4
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

I ordered mine and it's on the way.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Dina Sylvia Li
Frequent Poster

Went to 3 stores with no luck. Off to amazon I guess.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
McGillicuddy

I picked it up at Walmart for 19.99!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM   #7
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
I picked it up at Walmart for 19.99!
I just got an email from Amazon they refunded me a dollar so I'm only paying 19.99 too, so cool they adjusted the price.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Jack Gomez
Forum Regular
Felipe's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
I just got an email from Amazon they refunded me a dollar so I'm only paying 19.99 too, so cool they adjusted the price.

I hope they do the same for me. I pre-ordered mine back in February for $21.99. It still hasn't shipped yet and I'm waiting for the e-mail confirmation. I mean, I wasn't expecting it to be in my hands the day it was released, but I at least thought they'd have shipped it on March 29th.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
McGillicuddy

I guess I was lucky, to find mine at Walmart and for 19.99! (there was only 2 in stock) I also stopped at Target, which did not have it, and Best Buy, which had a large quantity but was 26.99.

I could have pre-ordered through Amazon, but there's something about running out to these stores on Tuesday or Wendesday, and having it in your hands instantly. Still, you never know if something like DtM will be stocked. I was also looking for Here's Lucy, which wasn't anywhere.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Jack Gomez
Forum Regular
Felipe's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
I guess I was lucky, to find mine at Walmart and for 19.99! (there was only 2 in stock) I also stopped at Target, which did not have it, and Best Buy, which had a large quantity but was 26.99.

I could have pre-ordered through Amazon, but there's something about running out to these stores on Tuesday or Wendesday, and having it in your hands instantly. Still, you never know if something like DtM will be stocked. I was also looking for Here's Lucy, which wasn't anywhere.

Yeah, the Best Buy near me has cut their selection of dvds by about half.It's really gotten small from what it was a few years ago. I do miss being able to go out to these stores and finding stuff I want there. I remember looking for The Monster Squad a few years back and having to go to a couple different stores before I found it.

And I finally did get my e-mail confirmation for Dennis the Menace about an hour ago and they adjusted the price.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

My copy arrived yesterday and what a gem of a show. All the eps are new to me since they don't have it in syndication anymore. One episode has a young Ronny Howard, what a treat to see.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
McGillicuddy

Yeah, isn't it amazing to see Ronnie Howard BEFORE he was Opie!! He would go on to star in TAGS, that next year. Ronnie plays Stuart, in 5 episodes of DTM in season 1.

Last edited by McGillicuddy : 04-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
Dina Sylvia Li
Frequent Poster

Got mine yesterday in the mail from amazon. Watched the 3 first episodes. Picture look great, not as good as leave it to beaver, but pretty close. For some odd reason the first episode didnt look too good. Cant wait to watch the extra features.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Jack Gomez
Forum Regular
Felipe's son

Mine came today. I think I'm going to watch the extras first, because of those new interviews with Jeannie Russell and Gloria Henry. That's what I've been looking forward to the most. To hear what they have to say about working on the series.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Marshall
Frequent Poster

Default Video Interview bonus feature on DTM

Hello all,

I was watching the bonus material on Disc 5 of the Dennis the Menace set last night. I noticed on my copy that the time counter on my DVD player stays at zero during the the Gloria Henry and Jeannie Russell video interview. That wasn't the case on the other bonus features. There's no chapter spots on the video interview.

Is this the same on anyone else's Disc 5 of the set, or do I have a defective disc? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Marshall