Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Beverly Hillbillies (Sitcoms Online) / The Beverly Hillbillies links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Beverly Hillbillies Photo Gallery

The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection Volume 1

Buy The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection Volume 1 on DVD
The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection Volume 2

Buy The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection Volume 2 on DVD
The Beverly Hillbillies/Petticoat Junction Christmas Collection

Buy The Beverly Hillbillies/Petticoat Junction Christmas Collection on DVD
The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Second Season

Buy The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Second Season on DVD
The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Third Season

Buy The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Third Season on DVD
The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season

Buy The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season on DVD
The Return of the Beverly Hillbillies

Buy The Return of the Beverly Hillbillies on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > The Beverly Hillbillies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ION Television Expands Hours in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 22, 2014)
FXX to Launch New Late Night Animation Block; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star to Host Fox Show
Bounce Acquires Sitcoms for January 2015, Roc, Different World, Parent 'Hood, Hughleys; ABC Family Picks Up New Drama Recovery Road
Nick at Nite Adds Everybody Loves Raymond January 1; George Lopez Hosts CW Dog Show
NBC Midseason 2015 Schedule with One Big Happy, Undateable, etc; FX Orders Donald Glover Pilot
Week 12 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Must See TV on NBC Officially Dead; Enlisted and Back in the Game on MOD DVD

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
lucyandethel
Forum Regular

Default Can this be true about Donna Douglas?

deleted

Last edited by lucyandethel : 03-18-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

They just said that Donna Douglas was g-a-y. I don't believe this is true. I think the guys running the show are .
Old 03-13-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
lucyandethel
Forum Regular

I don't believe it either. First, I have always heard that she fell hard for Elvis. Something happened there that took her quite some time to get over. If you read Stephen Cox's book, The Beverly Hillbillies (2003) it is stated that she fell in love with Elvis and returned to the set of Hillbillies heartbroken. In the years since, Douglas refuses to talk about what the deal was, but it is certainly a subject she doesn't wish to discuss.

I suspect where this comes from is Douglas' rather sketchy married life. According to IMDB.com she was married from 1949 to 1954 and had one son (whom she left with her parents to raise.) While they divorced in 1954, they were apart or a few years before the divorce. She was then married to Beverly Hillbillies director Robert Leeds from 1971 to 1980 (although the actual year of marriage has been debated, it seems the 1980 year is confirmed as a divorce.) As with anyone, when someone is unmarried, rumors circulate.

I do not believe Douglas is gay, although if she is that is her business. I had the privilege of meeting her a few times; once in the late 1970s and again around 1989. Whatever she is, she is a lovely, sincere person who is loving and honest.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
stanwyckfan07
Frequent Poster

It's not true. Donna is a extremely conservative, religious person who for decades has spent most of her time making inspirational speeches at churches.

I don't know what's going on with those radio people. I've seen the book by that friend of Elvis and I did not see one mention of Donna in the text.

I wish you hadn't put a link to this on here, it needs to stay in the obscurity where it is and not give these people any attention.

Last edited by stanwyckfan07 : 03-14-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
tv star collector
I Love Susie

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwyckfan07
It's not true. Donna is a extremely conservative, religious person who for decades has spent most of her time making inspirational speeches at churches.

I don't know what's going on with those radio people. I've seen the book by that friend of Elvis and I did not see one mention of Donna in the text.

I wish you hadn't put a link to this on here, it needs to stay in the obscurity where it is and not give these people any attention.

#1 Susan Silo Fan

The Susan Silo Fan Club now has a page on Facebook
... check it out!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
bmovies
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyandethel
watch the video at the 3:07 time mark. I don't believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE-sp...eature=related

I dont believe it either. George Klein is a liar. He often exagerates his friendship and importance to Elvis. He plays footsie with the Elvis Presely enterprises corporation in order to stay in Priscilla's and Lisa's good graces. And to hear him tell it, he was there at every pivotal moment in Elvis' life.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #7
lucyandethel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwyckfan07

You are correct. If you can tell me how to delete a post, I will. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't believe it is true and didn't post to spread rumor but show how stupid it was.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
stanwyckfan07
Frequent Poster

Quote:
You are correct. If you can tell me how to delete a post, I will. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't believe it is true and didn't post to spread rumor but show how stupid it was.

You can just click on edit on your OP and wipe out the link , that would be ok (and bmovies, you can do the same if you wish since you have it in your response). And I know you were not were not posting to spread a rumor just commenting on what was out there, that's understandable. I saw it last year when somebody posted a link to it on another website board and noticed the DJ brings it up first and the book guy changes the subject pretty quick to Donna's romance with Elvis so I don't know what was going on. There is almost nobody in show business that doesn't have somebody gossiping about their private lives, and usually speculation of this nature. I wasn't offended but I think it's best to just not give it any attention.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
brgmgb
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I suspect where this comes from is Douglas' rather sketchy married life. According to IMDB.com she was married from 1949 to 1954 and had one son (whom she left with her parents to raise.)

Born September 26, 1933. She was in her late 20's and 30's during The Beverly Hillbillies (1962-1971)?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Lucy & Ethel, you didn't post anything objectional here, imo. You just shared a video clip that's out there. Those of us that choose to watch it can do just that, and form our own opinion. But I'll tell you what, I would have no interest in a book by George Klein, or anybody who would just casually make a reference to anyone's sexual orientation without any validation.
That said, if Miss Donna Douglas were gay, wheather she's extremely conservative & religious or not (There are gay people that have their faith too!!), it would never change my opinion of this beautiful woman in anyway at all!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
biffbronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgmgb
Born September 26, 1933. She was in her late 20's and 30's during The Beverly Hillbillies (1962-1971)?

That's accurate by all accounts. If you watch the last couple of seasons, you will notice, very slightly, that facially she is beginning to show her age -- as she was in her late 30s by then.

Max Baer has commented that she wore a lot of makeup. Probably necessary though, as she was playing the role of a woman practically a decade younger than she really was.

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."
Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
lucyandethel
Forum Regular

Until the 1980s, many sources listed her birth year as 1939.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
liane49
Forum Regular

Quote:
Until the 1980s, many sources listed her birth year as 1939.
I herd that when she made the movie with Elivs and she had to do all those romantic seens, it upset her so much because she was so religious and and she didn't want to go back after summer was over and do anymore of the Beverely Hillbillies. But the show told her it might be good therapy for her to work on Hillbillies and help her get over the problems she had while making the movie.