Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

F Troop links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / F Troop Photo Gallery

F Troop - The Complete First Season

Buy F Troop - The Complete First Season on DVD
F Troop - The Complete Second Season

Buy F Troop - The Complete Second Season on DVD
F Troop - Television Favorites

Buy F Troop - Television Favorites on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > F Troop
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Family Fall 2014 Schedule; Long Island Blood & Babes Comic Con Sept. 12-14 in New York
66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets
Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
Rezny@gmail.com

Question The "F Troop"cast AFTER the show ended--

We all know that Ken Berry went on to successes"Mayberry RFD" and "Mama's Family" after "F Troop" ended.What else did he do?And how about the rest of the cast:Larry Storch,Melody Patterson,the late Forrest Tucker and all the other actors who played the men and the Hekawi indians.What did THEY do?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

James Hampton spent one season on "The Doris Day Show" as Leory B. Simpson from 1968-1969. Of course, he's more famous to me as the dad to Michael J. Fox in the 1985 film Teen Wolf.

Check Out My YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Adaweshau?feature=mhee

The videos are numbered but the early ones aren't as good. #3 is where I really get going.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Rezny@gmail.com

The late Forrest Tucker did an episode of "Night Gallery"called "Dr.Stringfellow's Rejuvenator",(which was no comedy by any means)Larry Storch played Doris' friend Duke on several episodes of "The Doris Day Show"(in the episodes when she was a widow),and the "Groovy Guru"on "Get Smart",Ken Berry and James Hampton starred together in an episode of the syndicated version of "Mama's Family",and during the time of "F Troop" AND after,the late Edward Everett Horton was the narrator on the "Fractured Fairy Tales"segment on ABC's "The Bullwinkle Show".As for the rest,I have NO idea.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Forrest Tucker starred with Bob Denver in Dusty's Trail
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

James Hampton used to do some of the "Blackouts" on "LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE". ("blackouts" are those little comedy skits that were shown between the segments)

from CHEERS-
Coach: "Norm, how come you & Vera never had any kids?"
Norm: "I can't Coach."
Coach: "Oh gee, I'm sorry"
Norm: "I look at Vera and I just...can't."
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #6
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I got a rock.

Cool

Larry Storch appeared on an episode of "Married With Children" as Kelly Bundy's acting teacher. Ken Berry appeared on an episode of "The Brady Bunch" called Kelly's Kids which was a backdoor pilot for a series of the same name. The series, however, was never picked up.

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
biffbronson

Forrest Tucker also went on to several great guest appearances on Gunsmoke, including the excellent "Yankton" episode. In most of the other eps he played a former/active U.S. officer, often getting on the nerves of Miss Kitty.

And Larry Storch appeared as a foreign military leader on Gomer Pyle USMC, if I'm not mistaken in at least 2 episodes.

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."
Old 02-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Forrest Tucker was also in a Bob Hope movie called "Cancel my reservation" in, I think, 1969.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Rezny@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
Forrest Tucker was also in a Bob Hope movie called "Cancel my reservation" in, I think, 1969.
And,in an episode of "All in the Family"(I forget which season it was from),where Archie was worried about growing old, Larry Storch played his old friend.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker co-starred on a Saturday Morning show in the mid 70's called The Ghostbusters. I watched that show every week.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
TV_on_the_Porch
Forum Regular
anything good on?

James Hampton also played the husband of Maggie in Erma Bombeck's bomb from 1981.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
Morton O'Rourke
Occasional Poster

Tucker worked right up until his untimely passing in 1986, starring in the theatrical release "Thunder Run" for Cannon and having guest appearances in the Direct-to-video "Outtakes" and the made for CBS-TV "Timestalkers" in his final year alone.

Storch had his own series, "The Queen and I", for one season (1968-69) and also worked steadily. I met him backstage at "Annie Get Your Gun" in 2000 (he was playing Sitting Bull) and he had two more Broadway/touring productions after that, "Some Like it Hot" and "Sly Fox". Still touring in his 80's at the time! He's 88 now.

James Hampton lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and is now retired but acted and directed steadily for 30 years after F Troop.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
Loves Old Tv
Frequent Poster

Forrest Tucker also did an early episode of The Bionic Woman, where he played a defense contractor who was a father figure to Jaime. Oscar suspected that the guy was launching missiles from his complex, but Jamie could not believe that. Of course, Jaime ended up being right.

Larry Storch appeared in an episode of I Dream of Jeannie, right after F-Troop was canceled. He played a chimp that Jeannie turned into a man. He also had s small part in the movie Airport 1975, where he played a pesky reporter, trying to talk to George Kennedy, who would have none of it.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
jehobden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvo301
Larry Storch appeared on an episode of "Married With Children" as Kelly Bundy's acting teacher. Ken Berry appeared on an episode of "The Brady Bunch" called Kelly's Kids which was a backdoor pilot for a series of the same name. The series, however, was never picked up.

"Kelly's Kids" actually did go to series 12 years later as "United We Stand", where Elliott Gould & Dee Wallace played a couple with a son & daughter who then adopted an Asian son & black daughter. Sherwood Schwartz stated in one of the Brady books that the show was "Kelly's Kids done badly". After a brief unsuccessful first run, the show killed off Gould's character and made Wallace's character a "Supermom" type, who not only raised 4 kids by herself but also attended college part-time. The reworked version was called "Nothing Is Easy", and from what I recalled, it did even worse than "United We Stand".

Forrest Tucker played a Columbo murder victim in the last Columbo aired in the show's first season. Peter Falk directed it himself, as part of a contractual obligation, but NBC/Universal gave him perhaps the hardest episode of the season to film, since a good portion of the early part of the show was filmed outdoors on a construction site, with lots of construction noise in the background.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #15
D-Dey
Win The War!

Melody Patterson was on the first episode of "Adam 12," did some reporting for Armed Forces Radio in Saigon, and was in movies like "Cycle Savages," and had guest appearances on "Hawaii Five-0."

Last edited by D-Dey : 08-21-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: One Larry Storch appearence already covered