Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 AM   #31
CuriousMind90
Frequent Poster

Edited the title so some get the point.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #32
SageSlowdive
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
Really?
"Small-minded people?"
Hmmm...
Well...only "small-minded people" generalize when discussing the views of people they disagree w/.

This case was a disaster from go. Profiling a potential killer based on a secondhand description would be impractical and largely a waste of time
Unfortunately the only solution to this case will be a confession or finding remains.

Yeah, since the entire police force proved he was innocent, right?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #33
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
Yeah, since the entire police force proved he was innocent, right?

Really?
How did they do that?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #34
TheCars1986

Quote:
Really?
How did they do that?

He was cleared as a suspect after a week.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #35
cocytus
Forum Regular

It's pretty useless to have a thread where the OP tells other people what he/she wants posted in it. I thought was the why there were blogs. To post what you want to hear/read and not to get input from anybody else.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #36
kane7474
Forum Regular

Although I dont think that Rob had anything to do with Angela's dissapearance I think its way out of line to try and dis allow people with alternate theories to post. Anything is possible and with the lack of evidence in this case I dont think we can totally rule out anything.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #37
CuriousMind90
Frequent Poster

Because no matter what you tell the Rob Did It crowd, they won't even compromise on a single point. You could tell them anything and they'll still shout "but he did it" and so the conversation goes in circles with the same few people until it stands still. Thus, having them in the conversation only impedes it.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #38
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMind90
Because no matter what you tell the Rob Did It crowd, they won't even compromise on a single point. You could tell them anything and they'll still shout "but he did it" and so the conversation goes in circles with the same few people until it stands still. Thus, having them in the conversation only impedes it.
agreed Curious. I have said that he didnt have the time to do this and he didnt. add to it, for a young man to kill his girlfriend and not leave ONE single clue and (of course) not have the body found would be amazing, while Rob's story doesnt sound great it CAN happen.
Quote:
Profiling a potential killer based on a secondhand description would be impractical and largely a waste of time
Unfortunately the only solution to this case will be a confession or finding remains.
i agree with you on the unfortunately part and i also think it will be hard to profile a guy who we dont see, but we are only guessing here. as for the case needed a confession or finding the remains, i agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane7474
Although I dont think that Rob had anything to do with Angela's dissapearance I think its way out of line to try and dis allow people with alternate theories to post. Anything is possible and with the lack of evidence in this case I dont think we can totally rule out anything.
i could agree with this IF the people who say Rob did it would come up with GOOD stuff to show that he did it, but most cant. One poster said that he damaged his transmission on purpose (yeah right). i just cant see how he had the time to do this plus did such a good job at killing his girlfriend and lying to the police.
Quote:
It's pretty useless to have a thread where the OP tells other people what he/she wants posted in it. I thought was the why there were blogs. To post what you want to hear/read and not to get input from anybody else.
again, i would agree if they came up with good reasons to why they think he did it and how he had the time, i just cant see it.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #39
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Rob Did It!
DISCLAIMER: All of my posts are opinions based strictly on my viewing of the "Unsolved Mysteries" television show and should in no way reflect or imply that I have any intimate knowledge of any of the cases presented. Everything I say is merely my opinion based on my viewing of the show.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #40
StackTime
Frequent Poster
Never going to Circleville, OH

Rob did do it. Obviously he had the knowledge to avoid leaving forensic evidence, as he was well-versed on the subject. He had the money to pay off a mechanic for the transmission story. Rob did it.

Of course, I mean Rob(ert) Stack. Obviously he did it.

Kidding of course. But his candidacy as a suspect in Angela's disappearance is only slightly less credible than Rob's.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #41
CuriousMind90
Frequent Poster

Larry Hall is in my mind a prime suspect, or at least VERY NEAR the profile of the person who abducted Angela. Hall has only been imprisoned for one murder; However, he is suspected of committing anywhere from 12 to 40 murders; Many cases which bear his signature remain unsolved. He was active as a serial killer in the Midwest from 1987 until his capture in 1994. He claims to be innocent, yet confessed to abducting, raping and killing 15 year old Jessica Roach in 1994.

Hall came from an abusive home and had a low average IQ along with anxiety and schizotypical disorders which prohibited him from socializing normally. He also suffered from a dependent personality and depended almost totally on his brother for his emotional survival--He was able to otherwise take care of himself and had a job and even friends.

Hall usually targeted brown haired women who were five to five feet inches tall and who were in their teens to late 20s. However, he had no exact type and targeted women only by opportunity, much like Marvin Chaney and Jesse Rush. He liked to visit Revolutionary, Civil War, and War of 1812 reenactments and/or battle sites, and many of his crimes took place around such sites or near the time of reenactment events. He was a sexual sadist and may have even went into fugue states during or leading up to his murders.

He also attended car and truck shows and held an avid interest in older model vehicles, as well as a keen interest in crime shows and kept some of his victim's personal effects; He also made dedicated effort to ensure that no forensic evidence remained of his crimes and was very successful at doing so--Many of the murders he is believed to have committed lack forensic evidence to totally tie him to them. He also stalked some of his victims for weeks without being seen or noticed by them before attempting to abduct them.

The only thing which goes against the idea of Hall being Angela's abductor is that he drove a van; A pick up is never mentioned in the book I read about him. As we know, a key factor in her abduction is the older model Ford pick up.

However, Hall had several vehicles which he worked on in a barn and may have even rented vehicles to use. The author of the book I read, Urges, raises the idea that Hall may have had help in committing his crimes. He also, in theory, could've loaned the vehicle from a friend--A friend who had no idea of what he intended to use it for.

I suggest you all read the book Urges: A Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry Hall.. Not only is it an interesting insight into this man's mind--Possibly the abductor of Angela Hammond, or at least a man VERY MUCH like her abductor--but also a great insight into the minds of serial killers in general; Such insight could not only help solve Angela's case, but the unsolved mysteries of many other people who disappeared suddenly and permanently and whose loss and whereabouts leaves their families.

An interesting thing to note from the book is that serial killers often commit their first murder at or after twenty five years of age, but are for years consumed with violent and/or sadistic, controlling fantasies involving women. A traumatic or significant life event often 'triggers' them to kill or begins the killing. The kind of abductor we're looking for would've been someone with such fantasies; He would've been a loner by nature (as Hall was) but had friends who had no idea of his other side (as Hall did); Would've had an interest or hobby of some kind (as Hall did) but likely no normal sexual relationships--No girlfriends or wives.

There are an estimated 30 or so serial killers active in this country at any moment in time. 30 or so men in this country could've abducted Angela on April 4th 1991. If time, research and thought is dedicated to researching every avenue involved in this case, and researching the Clinton, Missouri and surrounding areas of 1991, as well as other cases and probable suspects, I do not see why the list of probable suspects in her abduction could not at the very least be narrowed down.

There is the possibility, of course, that we are looking in the wrong direction:
Perhaps Angela's abductor was NOT a serial killer; Perhaps he was a drug fiend and abducted her while intoxicated, not realizing what he was doing until it was too late, or perhaps he was a one time offender; Perhaps her offender met with some accident or disease and died, or killed himself abducting Angela. Perhaps he was jailed not long after for rape, or for some other lesser crime--Maybe even something very petty and nonviolent.

Perhaps, too, he may have moved on to other states and thus crimes that are even slightly similar to Angela's should be looked into as possibly the work of the same man--Serial killers can change up their MO.

The point is, which I hope you will read, is that we are confronted with a several sad truths and a few frightening possibilities:

One, Angela Hammond has not been seen alive since Thursday, April 4th 1991, very nearly twenty years ago; For some, now a lifetime ago. She was several months pregnant, and was aged 20. She most likely never lived to see another day, much less age 21, 25, or beyond; She'd be 40 years old now, with a 20 year old child. Both she and her unborn child were most probably murdered and thus never had any chance to live a full life and in her child's case, no chance of any life, and she likely died in a state of terror, a fate no one deserves. That is an injustice of the highest kind, especially given the added fact that her abduction and probable murder remains unsolved and thus unavenged by the law.

Two, to this day her family remains without answers, without closure, without justice served in the theft of someone they loved; Every holiday goes by with her and her child missing at the table. Every year goes by without an answer to their questions, an ending to their grief. That, too, is an injustice.

Three, as her killer has not been found or named, there is the chance that he is in jail for some other crime, or even for some other murder. It is still an injustice that even if he is locked up and thus society is safe from him, he's not in jail for Angela's abduction, and thus her case would remain--to those who matter most, her family--officially unsolved.

Fourth , there is the chance that her abductor is still out there today, targeting harmless and defenseless women just like Angela. If he was indeed a serial killer, then his lust to live out the fantasies which drove him to abduct Angela and probably others will never wane; It will never cease; It never stops until a serial killer either dies or is captured.

To think that her abductor and probable murderer lives, breathes and walks free to not only enjoy life, something Angela Hammond and countless other victims of murderers were robbed of, but walks free to take life, is not just an injustice, but also a terror, for there are still even in our age of cell phones and fast communication many vulnerable and harmless women who, like Angela Hammond, everyday meet unknown and likely dark fates.

Last edited by CuriousMind90 : 02-08-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #42
SageSlowdive
Forum Regular

Quote:

Exactly - they're worse then the 9/11 truthers.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #43
SageSlowdive
Forum Regular

Quote:
Larry Hall is in my mind a prime suspect, or at least VERY NEAR the profile of the person who abducted Angela. Hall has only been imprisoned for one murder; However, he is suspected of committing anywhere from 12 to 40 murders; Many cases which bear his signature remain unsolved. He was active as a serial killer in the Midwest from 1987 until his capture in 1994. He claims to be innocent, yet confessed to abducting, raping and killing 15 year old Jessica Roach in 1994.

Hall came from an abusive home and had a low average IQ along with anxiety and schizotypical disorders which prohibited him from socializing normally. He also suffered from a dependent personality and depended almost totally on his brother for his emotional survival--He was able to otherwise take care of himself and had a job and even friends.

Hall usually targeted brown haired women who were five to five feet inches tall and who were in their teens to late 20s. However, he had no exact type and targeted women only by opportunity, much like Marvin Chaney and Jesse Rush. He liked to visit Revolutionary, Civil War, and War of 1812 reenactments and/or battle sites, and many of his crimes took place around such sites or near the time of reenactment events. He was a sexual sadist and may have even went into fugue states during or leading up to his murders.

He also attended car and truck shows and held an avid interest in older model vehicles, as well as a keen interest in crime shows and kept some of his victim's personal effects; He also made dedicated effort to ensure that no forensic evidence remained of his crimes and was very successful at doing so--Many of the murders he is believed to have committed lack forensic evidence to totally tie him to them. He also stalked some of his victims for weeks without being seen or noticed by them before attempting to abduct them.

The only thing which goes against the idea of Hall being Angela's abductor is that he drove a van; A pick up is never mentioned in the book I read about him. As we know, a key factor in her abduction is the older model Ford pick up.

However, Hall had several vehicles which he worked on in a barn and may have even rented vehicles to use. The author of the book I read, Urges, raises the idea that Hall may have had help in committing his crimes. He also, in theory, could've loaned the vehicle from a friend--A friend who had no idea of what he intended to use it for.

I suggest you all read the book Urges: A Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry Hall.. Not only is it an interesting insight into this man's mind--Possibly the abductor of Angela Hammond, or at least a man VERY MUCH like her abductor--but also a great insight into the minds of serial killers in general; Such insight could not only help solve Angela's case, but the unsolved mysteries of many other people who disappeared suddenly and permanently and whose loss and whereabouts leaves their families.

An interesting thing to note from the book is that serial killers often commit their first murder at or after twenty five years of age, but are for years consumed with violent and/or sadistic, controlling fantasies involving women. A traumatic or significant life event often 'triggers' them to kill or begins the killing. The kind of abductor we're looking for would've been someone with such fantasies; He would've been a loner by nature (as Hall was) but had friends who had no idea of his other side (as Hall did); Would've had an interest or hobby of some kind (as Hall did) but likely no normal sexual relationships--No girlfriends or wives.

There are an estimated 30 or so serial killers active in this country at any moment in time. 30 or so men in this country could've abducted Angela on April 4th 1991. If time, research and thought is dedicated to researching every avenue involved in this case, and researching the Clinton, Missouri and surrounding areas of 1991, as well as other cases and probable suspects, I do not see why the list of probable suspects in her abduction could not at the very least be narrowed down.

There is the possibility, of course, that we are looking in the wrong direction:
Perhaps Angela's abductor was NOT a serial killer; Perhaps he was a drug fiend and abducted her while intoxicated, not realizing what he was doing until it was too late, or perhaps he was a one time offender; Perhaps her offender met with some accident or disease and died, or killed himself abducting Angela. Perhaps he was jailed not long after for rape, or for some other lesser crime--Maybe even something very petty and nonviolent.

Perhaps, too, he may have moved on to other states and thus crimes that are even slightly similar to Angela's should be looked into as possibly the work of the same man--Serial killers can change up their MO.

The point is, which I hope you will read, is that we are confronted with a several sad truths and a few frightening possibilities:

One, Angela Hammond has not been seen alive since Thursday, April 4th 1991, very nearly twenty years ago; For some, now a lifetime ago. She was several months pregnant, and was aged 20. She most likely never lived to see another day, much less age 21, 25, or beyond; She'd be 40 years old now, with a 20 year old child. Both she and her unborn child were most probably murdered and thus never had any chance to live a full life and in her child's case, no chance of any life, and she likely died in a state of terror, a fate no one deserves. That is an injustice of the highest kind, especially given the added fact that her abduction and probable murder remains unsolved and thus unavenged by the law.

Two, to this day her family remains without answers, without closure, without justice served in the theft of someone they loved; Every holiday goes by with her and her child missing at the table. Every year goes by without an answer to their questions, an ending to their grief. That, too, is an injustice.

Three, as her killer has not been found or named, there is the chance that he is in jail for some other crime, or even for some other murder. It is still an injustice that even if he is locked up and thus society is safe from him, he's not in jail for Angela's abduction, and thus her case would remain--to those who matter most, her family--officially unsolved.

Fourth , there is the chance that her abductor is still out there today, targeting harmless and defenseless women just like Angela. If he was indeed a serial killer, then his lust to live out the fantasies which drove him to abduct Angela and probably others will never wane; It will never cease; It never stops until a serial killer either dies or is captured.

To think that her abductor and probable murderer lives, breathes and walks free to not only enjoy life, something Angela Hammond and countless other victims of murderers were robbed of, but walks free to take life, is not just an injustice, but also a terror, for there are still even in our age of cell phones and fast communication many vulnerable and harmless women who, like Angela Hammond, everyday meet unknown and likely dark fates.

Having looked into this recently, I'm beginning to think Larry Hall could be a very likely suspect. If he could be placed in the area, it would all fall together - Hammond fits every aspect of what he wanted in a victim.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #44
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
Having looked into this recently, I'm beginning to think Larry Hall could be a very likely suspect. If he could be placed in the area, it would all fall together - Hammond fits every aspect of what he wanted in a victim.

He traveled around so much that it might be difficult to do that, it may certainly be hard to prove that he wasn't there.

I have to wonder if the authorities have ever considered him a person of interest or if he's ever been questioned in Hammond's dissapearance. Sad thing is, he might not even remember it if he did do it. From what I've read he barely remembered a lot of his murders and its been nearly twenty years now.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #45
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Excellent research CuriousMind!

If Hall did indeed have several different vehicles that he perhaps traded for and rented over the years, then he could have easily had an older vehicle like the Ford truck described at one point.

And if indeed Hall was Angela's abductor, he undoubtedly knew that Rob chased him so he knew there was a witness who saw the truck. So it makes perfect sense that he would have ditched it, whether by removing the fish logo, selling it, or even destroying it altogether. Hall wasn't caught until 1994, so he had plenty of time to do this.

I do wonder if Hall was known to be a fisherman, that would explain the fish logo. Though its not really a smoking gun either way. He could have bought the truck with it on there, or simply just liked the logo.

The other thing is how likely is it Hall may have slipped through the cracks as someone for the authorities to investigate? He is not a nationally known serial killer like Gary Ridgeway or a Ted Bundy, I'm betting its possible.