Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Joanie Loves Chachi Online / Joanie Loves links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Joanie Loves Chachi Photo Gallery

Joanie Loves Chachi - The Complete Series - Seasons 1 & 2

Buy Joanie Loves Chachi - The Complete Series - Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Joanie Loves Chachi
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Pop Upfront 2018 Notes; Kim Possible Movie Gets The Goldbergs Star
Sony Crackle 2018 Upfront; Megan Fox Heads to Travel Channel Series
Decades Gets Rose Marie Documentary; TBS Orders More Last O.G. and Search Party
CBS Pulls Living Biblically; First Wives Club Comedy Series Coming to Paramount Network
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 23, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Goldbergs Spinoff Happening After All; Grey's Anatomy Renewed for Fifteenth Season
Fri-Yay: Superstore is Doing the Will They/Won't They Story Arc Right; Laff Pays Tribute to Harry Anderson
CBS Picks Up 11 More Returning Series for 2018-19; BET 2018 Upfront
Carol Burnett Gets Netflix Series; Futurama on Syfy, Marathon on 4/20
The Goldbergs 1990s Spinoff Ordered for ABC; Remembering Harry Anderson of Night Court

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #16
Gabgirl
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Fun Fact about Joanie Loves Chachi

"It was the highest rated new tv show in Sitcom History"

LOL

Now that is funny since the show didn't last longer than one season. So maybe it had a high premiere because these were two popular characters, but dropped off quickly after that...LOL
Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #17
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabgirl
Now that is funny since the show didn't last longer than one season. So maybe it had a high premiere because these were two popular characters, but dropped off quickly after that...LOL

Well, when JLC first aired in the spring of 1982, its competition was mostly reruns - and it had a plum timeslot right after Happy Days. Then, when it returned in the fall, and on a different night, the ratings took a swandive and never recovered. Thus, Erin Moran, Scott Baio and Al Molinaro returned to Happy Days the second the show was cancelled.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
WalrusIsPaul
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
I'm probably in the minority here, but I never could stand the character of Chachi. For one thing he seemed ridiculously out of place in the 50's and early 60s, with his hair and general attitude. And I just never warmed to him; he was so cocky and self-assured. I never like the "Oh I'm just being a jerk to you because I really love you" shtik, and that's what it always seemed like he was doing with Joanie.

I Agree he was out of place with the hair and how he dressed. But i didn't not like character ,really no opinion either,some of the shows based around him i liked and some i didn't . But that's the same with the other characters some shows that revolved around them i liked and some i didn't with Richie & Fonzie

As far as them as a couple, i didn't mind them and i was OK with the show Joanie Loves Chachi. Wish i had them all on DVD, i have a small handful of them. As far as not like certain shows,i still have every show on DVD i love the show and not liking some episodes . i will still watch those when watching a season
Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
Bronson
Forum Regular

I loved them together as a couple. As for the spinoff, it was not great but it was not so bad either. It was growing on me.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Its a shame that Richie never made a guest appearance
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #21
70s show watcher

Quote:
And because of that it was the LEAD show on Thursday Nights and bombed
and it drug too close for comfort and the promsing it takes two down with it
Old 03-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #22
Edward216

I liked them together, and I liked the show. It had its good points and its bad points. But I wish it would've lasted longer than it did.

Ed.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #23
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward216
I liked them together, and I liked the show. It had its good points and its bad points. But I wish it would've lasted longer than it did.

Ed.

It would have if they had left the show between Happy Days and Three's Company on Tuesday Nights
Old 03-12-2015, 12:44 AM   #24
Edward216

Yeah maybe. But I was a teenager when it was on originally so I might feel differently about seeing it now. Who knows. But at the time I liked it.

Ed.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward216
Yeah maybe. But I was a teenager when it was on originally so I might feel differently about seeing it now. Who knows. But at the time I liked it.

Ed.

Did Ron Howard appear as a guest? Or was it just Fonzie and Mr. and Mrs C?
Old 03-12-2015, 05:48 AM   #26
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Did Ron Howard appear as a guest?
No, he didn't.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:27 PM   #27
Babalu

I was a big Happy Days fan and I think the number one mistake they made was continuing the show without Ron Howard. But to me the next worse mistake they made was Chachi. I hated him and hated the annoying cloying Scott Baio. I never watched Joanie Loves Chachi and to this day if I see Scott Baio being interviewed I change the channel.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 05-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #28
piotrowicz
Frequent Poster

in australia
i don't rembmer if on tv it was a spin of happy days
many years ago i find it on youtube the story lines were confusing to watch
Old 05-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #29
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
I was a big Happy Days fan and I think the number one mistake they made was continuing the show without Ron Howard. But to me the next worse mistake they made was Chachi. I hated him and hated the annoying cloying Scott Baio. I never watched Joanie Loves Chachi and to this day if I see Scott Baio being interviewed I change the channel.

I agree. They should have given HD a proper send off after Ron Howard and Don Most left the show. The last years of HD were just sad to watch.

Scott Baio was decent as a child actor, but the character of Chachi was a one trick pony at best. There was also zero chemistry between Scott Baio and Erin Moran which was surprising since they were banging in real life.

I think one of the many issues with JLC was the fact that society as a whole was outgrowing the Marshall-verse. L&S ran out of steam a year before HD ended, and M&M had been long gone. It was the end of an era.

"Awesome" ends in "Me".

Coincidence?

I think not.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #30
jehobden

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Well, when JLC first aired in the spring of 1982, its competition was mostly reruns - and it had a plum timeslot right after Happy Days. Then, when it returned in the fall, and on a different night, the ratings took a swandive and never recovered. Thus, Erin Moran, Scott Baio and Al Molinaro returned to Happy Days the second the show was cancelled.

Only Scott Baio & Erin Moran returned to Happy Days as regulars after their spinoff was cancelled, but Al was apparently left back in Chicago with Louisa, at least until the finale, where he played both Al and his twin, Father Delvecchio, who married Joanie & Chachi. I found it interesting that Scott Baio was billed above Erin Moran in the last season, as she was with the show from the beginning and had always been billed above him before.