Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Amen (Sitcoms Online) / Amen links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Amen Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Amen
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2014 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Through the Years Marathons; Cristela Gets Full Season on ABC
COZI TV's Annual Holidozi Marathon; Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Moves to Netflix With 2 Season Order
FX and FXX January Has Many Premieres; Cougar Town Celebrates 100th Episode
Week 9 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hot in Cleveland to End; Netflix Picks up Tina Fey Comedy; Wonder Years Season 2 DVDs
Fox Mid-Season 2015 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 24, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Larenz09
Forum Regular
Gary Coleman, we'll miss you!

Default Tony T. Johnson.

Does anyone remember Tony T. Johnson? Where is he now? He joined the cast during the show's last few seasons.

He's the one who was the adorable & cute, but nosey little boy & neighbor, Chris Wilson, who lived next door to Deacon Earnest Frye. He first appeared during a campout as the stowawy / crying little boy who was deathly afraid of mountain lions.

He would often come over, say hi to everyone, ask what they're talking about and then he would ask a nosey question and get into the family's personal affairs or make a smirky remark, causing an adult to pick him up and put him out on the front porch. Or after making the smart remark, he would quickly get up, bolt & run for the door and get out before he was picked up and put out the door!

He later went on during his early teenage years, to appear in several films such as Downtown with Forrest Whitaker, Theodore Rex with Whoopi Goldberg, The Arrival, where he played an alien and Shadow Zone.

Here are a few pics of him, The one to the extreme top left is what he looked like when he did the show. The one on the right is him with Charlie Sheen using a computer in The Arrival. The one on the bottom right is him also as a teenager;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tony T. Johnson as Chris in Amen..jpg (110.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tony T. Johnson & Charile Sheen in The Arrival..jpg (36.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tony T. Johnson..jpg (22.3 KB, 0 views)

R.I.P..

Last edited by Larenz09 : 12-06-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Default More pics of Tony.

Here are some more pics of Tony T. Johnson. Found these on Google.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tony and Charlie..jpg (29.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tony T. Johnson 3..jpg (63.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tony T. Johnson..jpg 2.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tony T Johnson.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
GSU2004
Forum Regular

Interesting question. Looks like he suffered the fate of many other child actors, they disappeared into college and the private sector for employment. I don't remember hearing about any other projects he did. I am not sure if he didn't get anymore roles or just simply became uninterested in continuing to act (some child actors leave the business after their series has ended).
Old 08-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU2004
Interesting question. Looks like he suffered the fate of many other child actors, they disappeared into college and the private sector for employment. I don't remember hearing about any other projects he did. I am not sure if he didn't get anymore roles or just simply became uninterested in continuing to act (some child actors leave the business after their series has ended).

Yeah, that's sad!

He's a good actor, and he did those parts well. I just hope that he's alright and is still around.

But you're right, he probably didn't want to stay in the business.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larenz09
Yeah, that's sad!

He's a good actor, and he did those parts well. I just hope that he's alright and is still around.

But you're right, he probably didn't want to stay in the business.

Well his role was very small so it's not surprising that he wasn't seen on anything else after Amen
Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Well his role was very small so it's not surprising that he wasn't seen on anything else after Amen

Yeah, I liked him. He was a nosy little boy in the show. He was always being picked up and put on the front porch.

But in some eps, he did entire ones, such as the ep; Child's Play, in which Michael Oliver (Junior in Problem Child 1 & 2) made a guest appearance as one of the day care's rambunccious small children who the church thought were too much for the Deacon to handle. He's shown below, then & now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg michael_oliver1.jpg (42.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Larenz09 : 09-20-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan

Plus you forgot to mention that there are far fewer roles for blacks than whites in Hollywood and that comes from a BLACK casting agent I heard interviewed once!

How many new up and coming black actors can you name? I can't name any. I only know of established ones.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #8
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3sCompanyFan
Plus you forgot to mention that there are far fewer roles for blacks than whites in Hollywood and that comes from a BLACK casting agent I heard interviewed once!

How many new up and coming black actors can you name? I can't name any. I only know of established ones.

Can't name anyone new, but there are some well-established ones. Case in point;

Like rapper / actor / director, Bobb'e J. Thompson, for starters, who, as a little boy, kicked off a very impressive acting career.

He's starred in quite a few sitcoms, such as The Tracy Morgan Show & That's So Raven, and well over 2 dozen films. He's even made several guest appearances on WWE Raw!

He can be seen on episodes of Tyler Perry's House of Payne. He's well into his teens now, still remains very active even today, and he shows no signs of stopping!

I truly commend him for his amazing work, and I hope that he keeps on doing what he does!! But I'm so glad that he's NOT one of the ones who faded into the dust and never seen again!!!

His pic appears below, and that's how he looks now. The one on the right is him as a little boy. But don't let his small size fool you, for under the red shirt that he's wearing, he's got chiseled rock-hard muscles just like a body builder!!! I think he's been pumping iron!!

I'm friends with him on Facebook. Told him that I truly admire his amazingly great work!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bobb'e J. Thompson..jpg 3.jpg (46.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bobb'e J. Thompson at 5 Years Old.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Larenz09 : 10-02-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #9
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

I still can't believe Gary Coleman is gone. Since he's someone we grew up with you kind of always thought he'd be there.

He never really looked sick but suddenly he was gone like John Ritter!

Sorry for the OT
Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Quote:
I still can't believe Gary Coleman is gone. Since he's someone we grew up with you kind of always thought he'd be there.

He never really looked sick but suddenly he was gone like John Ritter!

Sorry for the OT

It IS so sad that he's no longer with us. The immense pressure from the media to try to get into his personal affairs must have taken its toll on him, along with finanicial and legal battles.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
misesaurus
First Time Poster

Looks like Tony decided to become a thug: mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Hillsborough-County-FL/Tony-T-Johnson.5152466.html
Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by misesaurus
Looks like Tony decided to become a thug: mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Hillsborough-County-FL/Tony-T-Johnson.5152466.html

Awww, what a blasted shame!!!!! He was a cute little boy on the show!!!

It's too bad and so unfortunate!! He got involved with the wrong crowd, no doubt.

He's on probation, which gives him a chance to turn his life around before he becomes a career criminal Farankenstien, or worst yet, dead!!!!

Here his mugshot below;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tony-T-Johnson_mugshot_400x800.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Wow! He looks totally different!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:20 AM   #14
Larenz09
Forum Regular

Quote:
Wow! He looks totally different!

I'm beginning to wonder if it is the same person. I'll have to Google his name to find out.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #15
Larenz09
Forum Regular

According to Google, that IS him in the mugshot.