Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #121
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
On September 13th, Camp Motion Pictures are releasing via their Camp Retro 80′s label “Big Box” VHS / DVD 5-Film Collection showcasing The Basement, a never-before-seen 1989 feature. That will be on both VHS and DVD while extra DVDs feature SOV titles Video Violence 1&2, Captives, and Cannibal Campout. List price is $34.95.

The Basement was an anthology feature shot on Super 8. Directed by Tim O’Rawe (Ghoul School), it never saw release in any avenue and was only restored by director of photography Michael Raso in 2010. The linking segment summary and story breakdown:

Four strangers are summoned to the basement of an abandoned house by a mysterious entity known only as The Sentinel. One after another, they are forced to witness heinous deeds they have yet to commit – and which will damn them for all eternity.

Swimming Pool – An unfaithful woman disposes of the evidence with a little help from a demonic water spirit.

Trick or Treat – Classic monsters exact revenge on a bitter man who refuses to honor Halloween.

Zombie Movie – Cocaine, hookers and reanimated corpses wreak havoc on the set of an independent film.

Home Sweet Home – A young man questions his sanity after purchasing a house where torture and mass murder were committed 6 years before.

Boxset Contents:
New, functional VHS copy The Basement
DVD The Basement
DVD Captives & Cannibal Campout
DVD Video Violence 1&2

Special Features:
The Basement Commentary
The Basement Outtakes
The Basement New Segment
Captives Commentary
Video Violence Commentary
Video Violence 2 Commentary
Cannibal Campout Commentary
Short film: Vengeance
Short film: Say No To Drugs
Meadowlands Showcase Segment: Halloween Take Over
Meadowlands Showcase Segment: The Long Road to Karaoke
Meadowlands Showcase Segment: Long is the Night
Interview with director Gary Cohen

http://retroslashers.net/unreleased-...o-dvd-and-vhs/

Woot! Finally ordered it! Can't wait!

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #122
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I can't wait for the Puppet Master II-III Blu-rays!!!

The original came to Blu-ray a couple of years ago, but it's being released again with some new special features.

Puppet Master II New HD Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFLFBrkqbo

Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge New HD Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJMDqwy-MI

Commentary Preview for Puppet Master II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYXLSad2SLM
Old 09-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #123
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I was so glad to get my Puppet Master I-III Blu-ray mini-box set this morning. I'm guessing those who pre-ordered them are getting them earlier than the street date (Tues. - Sept. 18th).

It says "Volume 1" which would mean that we should expect to see more PM films get the HD treatment at some point.

I watched the new video intro. that Charles Band made for the release (it's the same intro. on both PM II and PM III) and he explained that they're working on re-mastering many of their films:

Subspecies, Trancers, Dollman, Demonic Toys, The Pit and the Pendulum...

Band said that it's a very expensive process and it could take up to four years for these films to come out in HD.

At some point when I have more time I will watch PM II and PM III with the new audio commentaries. I wish they did a new commentary for the original one too, but oh well.

By the way, the original Puppet Master Blu-ray that came with this set is the same one released back in 2010.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #124
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

I'm definitely going to pick up the Puppet Master Blu-Rays!

Hopefully they'll release all of the Transfers films, I'd even like to see them do Dollman Vs Demonic Toys.

I'd love to see Zone Troopers, and Ghost Town '88 get Blu Ray releases.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #125
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default Roy Frumkes' Document of the Dead is Coming to Blu-ray All Definitive-Like

Synapse Films is bringing Roy Frumkes’ amazing 1978 documentary Document of the Dead - an intimate look at George Romero’s creative process and the making of Dawn of the Dead - is coming to Blu-ray/DVD in a "definitive" edition on November 13th.

The doc is already an outstanding collection of interviews, effects demonstrations (courtesy of make-up artist, Tom Savini) and behind-the-scenes footage, however, this newly re-edited and re-mastered 2012 version of the award-winning documentary will contain all-new exclusive material including additional interviews with Romero’s family and friends, candid on-set footage from Two Evil Eyes, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.

The Definitive Document of the Dead BD/DVD Combo is LIMITED to 1500 copies, and is only available through the Synapse website. It will not be sold in stores.

The release contains a DVD of the new version of The Definitive Document of the Dead (along with the new commentary), as well as a Blu-ray of the original 66 minute 16mm 1979 version of the doc, created for educational use at The School of Visual Arts, remastered in high-definition. Also included in this limited edition combo is a fold-out poster, created by artist Wes Benscoter, of the new George A. Romero painting used on the cover art.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...efinitive-like

(Thanks JamesG!)

Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #126
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

I have Document on VHS, and it was also included in the 4-disc Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition....I might get the Blu Ray since it looks like it has lots of extras.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #127
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Warner Home Entertainment is bringing Frank Oz's Little Shop of Horrors, the musical from 1986, to Blu-ray on October 9th and it's coming with a newly-restored 20-minute alternate ending.

In the film, Rick Moranis plays a nerdish florist who finds his chance for success and romance with the help of a giant man-eating plant who demands to be fed.

The Blu will come with the theatrical cut and the director's cut in a 40-page book pack.

If you recall, the alternate ending was rather apocalyptic - it was featured in the trading cards at the time of the film's release (photos of massive plants taking over New York City had me wondering what the hell I missed out on after I saw the flick in the theater). And, I believe, the alternate ending made it on to DVD before Warner Bros. recalled the title, removed the ending and re-released the disc.

The Blu will come with commentary, a featurette and deleted scenes.

The announcement rides on the heels of Warner's intentions to remake Little Shop of Horrors with producer and actor Joseph Gordon Levitt.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ing-to-blu-ray

(Thanks JamesG!)

NYFF 2012: Directors Reflect on Restored Little Shop of Horrors
9/29/2012
by Ashley Lee

Among the recent releases is a digitally restored director’s cut of Little Shop of Horrors, the 1986 adaptation of the off-Broadway musical with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin.

The Saturday night screening at NYFF features a different ending, previously seen only on limited edition DVDs of the film – now out of print.

The director’s cut really is basically the last twenty minutes of it – things had to change for about ten minutes prior to the ending,” director Frank Oz told THR. “It’s really exciting to see what the reaction will be for people who have never seen this ending before. I’m very curious.

Horrors actress Ellen Greene said she appreciated the work Oz, Warner Bros. and restorer Kurt Galvao put in to making the new version happen, calling it "a dream come true."

It’s just such an honor for me, for [screenwriter] Howard Ashman -- Alan Menkin and I love and miss him so much,” she said.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...horrors-375195
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #128
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default October

OCTOBER 2

-After Dusk They Come: Lionsgate
-Atomic Brain Invasion (special edition): Camp Motion Pictures
-Chained (special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo): Anchor Bay
-Crawl: Vivendi
-Dark Shadows (special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo): Warner
-#holdyourbreath (special edition, Blu-ray): Asylum
-The Hole (special edition, Blu-ray): Big Air
-Hypothermia: Dark Sky
-Killjoy Goes To Hell: Full Moon
-Munger Road: Freestyle
-Pet Sematary (Blu-ray): Paramount
-Red Lights(special edition, Blu-ray): Millennium
-The Satanic Rights Of Dracula(DVD/CD set): Cleopatra
-Seance: The Summoning (special edition): Lionsgate
-2: Voodoo Academy: Rapid Heart
-Uninhabited: Vivendi
-Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection ( Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, The Phantom of the Opera, The Creature from the Black Lagoon; 8-Blu-ray set): Universal

OCTOBER 9

-Amphibious: Creature Of The Deep: Vivendi
-The Barrens (special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo): Anchor Bay
-Basket Case 3: The Progeny: Synapse
-Bedeviled (special edition, Blu-ray): Well Go USA
-Bloody Bloody Bible Camp: Bosko Group
-A Cadaver Christmas: Level 33
-Celluloid Bloodbath: Mad Ron's Prevues From Hell (special edition): Arts Alliance America
-The Cottage (2012): Entertainment One
-Dawn Of The Dead/Land Of The Dead (Blu-ray): Universal
-Deep Rising/The Puppet Masters (Blu-ray): Mill Creek
-4 Movie Collection (Hostel, Hostel: Part II, The Tatooist, The Hunt For The BTK Killer; 2-DVD set): Mill Creek
-Holliston: The Complete First Season (2-DVD set, Blu-ray): Image
-Hostel, Hostel: Part II (Blu-ray): Mill Creek
-The Last House On The Left/The Strangers/A Perfect Getaway (Blu-ray): Universal
-Little Shop Of Horros: The Director’s Cut (DVD, Blu-ray book): Warner
-Piranha-Man VS. Werewolf-Man: Howl Of The Piranha: Chemical Burn
-Prometheus (special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo, 3D Blu-ray/2D Blu-ray/DVD combo): Fox
-The Raven (special edition, Blu-ray): Fox
-Truth Or Die: Vivendi
-Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo): Universal
-Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? 50th Anniversary Edition (2-DVD special edition, Blu-ray book): Warner

OCTOBER 16

-Airborne: Image
-Back From Hell: Inception
-Chernobyl Diaries (special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo): Warner
-The Dead Matter (3-DVD special edition, single DVD rereleases): MVD
-Don't Answer The Phone (Katarina's Nightmare Theater; Remastered Edition): Scorpion
-Exorcism/Demoniac (new special edition, Blu-ray): Redemption/Kino Lorber
-The Female Vampire/Erotikill (new special edition, Blu-ray): Redemption/Kino Lorber
-4 Film Favorites: Slasher Films Collection (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare On Elm Street & Friday The 13th remakes, Amusement; 4-DVD set): Warner
-8-Film Haunted Hollows (7 Nights Of Darkness, Ominous, The House That Would Not Die, The Haunting Of Fox Hollow Farm, Haunting Of Winchester House, Children Of The Corn 666: Isaac's Return): Platinum Disc
-15-Film Horror Cult Classics Collection : Platinum Dunes
-10-Film Midnight Horror Collection: Zombies (Night Of The Living Dead, Teenage Zombies, King Of The Zombies, White Zombie, Last Of The Living, Grave Mistake, I Am Omega, Awaken The Dead, Zombie Dearest, Hide And -Creep): Platinum Disc
-The Funhouse (new special edition, Blu-ray): Shout! Factory
-Greystone Park (DVD, Blu-ray): ARC Entertainment
-King Kong (1933)/SON OF KONG (new DVD): Warner
-Night Of The Living Dead: Re-Animation (2D/3D special edition): Screen Media
-Orlok The Vampire (3D/2D new special edition): Apprehensive
-Penny Dreadful (2007; new limited special edition): Cinema Image
-Rites of Passage : Magnolia
-Terror Train (Blu-ray/DVD combo): Shout! Factory
-The Tortured: IFC/MPI
-Triple Terror Collection (The Shining '97, It, Salem's Lot '04; 6-DVD rerelease): Warner
-2 Young 2 Die: DVD Deluxe/Tempe

OCTOBER 23

-Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (DVD and Blu Ray): Fox
-Abolition: R Squared/MVD
-Booley (new special edition): Brain Damage
-Bloody Christmas (special edition): PlanetWorks/MVD
-Cargo : Peace Arch Trinity
-Claustrophobia (special edition): Shriek Show/Media Blasters
-Dropping Evil: Wild Eye
-4 SyFy Essentials (Encrypt, Bugs, Crimson Force, Darklight): Image
-From Beneath(special edition): Midnight Releasing
-Jack In The Box: R Squared/MVD
-Octaman/The Cremators (special edition): Retromedia/Bayview
-Paranormal Calamity: Green Apple
-The Penalty: Kino Classics Special Edition (Blu Ray): Kino
-Puppet Master X: Axis Rising (Blu Ray): Wizard Ent.
-Rudyard Kipling’s Mark Of The Beast: Blood Bath/MVD
-Sanctuary: The Complete Series (18-DVD set): Entertainment One
-The Selling Of Scarry Manor: Grand Ent. Group
-Shatter Dead(new DVD): SRS Cinema
-Sick Boy: Grand Ent. Group
-Slice(2009): Asian Media/MVD
-Super Pack Vampires(Jezebeth, Livestock, Blood Wine, Night Crawlers): R -Squared/MVD
-247°F (DVD, Blu-ray): Anchor Bay
-Under The Scares: Grand Ent. Group
-Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines(special edition, Blu-ray/DVD combo): Fo

OCTOBER 30

-Excision (special edition, Blu-ray): Anchor Bay
-Grindhouse Double Feature - Deadly Culture and V-World The Matrix (Blu-ray 3D): Sterling Entertainment
-House Of Dark Shadows(DVD, Blu-ray): Warner
-Mad Cowgirl 3D (new special edition): 3D Circus
-Midnight Movies: Cannibal Double Feature (Cannibal Man, Cannibals): Blue Underground
-Midnight Movies: Killer Critter Double Feature (Rats: Night Of Terror, Venom): Blue Underground
-Midnight Movies: Zombie Double Feature (Hell Of The Living Dead, Nightmare City): Blue Underground
-Night Of Dark Shadows(DVD, Blu-ray): Warner
-Rosemary's Baby (new 2-DVD special edition, Blu-ray): Criterion
-666: The Ritual: DVD Deluxe/Tempe
Old 10-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #129
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I was in Best Buy today and I picked up the 12-Film Collection of Puppet Master and Killjoy.

It contains PM 1-9 and Killjoy 1-3 on three discs in 1 box.

I got it because I've never seen the Killjoy films and for its price of $7.99

If someone is new to the Puppet Master films this set is probably the best thing to get if you want to sample them. It doesn't contain any special features though.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #130
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

I've seen the first 3 Killjoys, eh, they're ok. I do prefer the sequels, partly because of Trent Haaga taking over the role of Killjoy. I did like the villains they introduced in the 3rd one like Batty Boop.

Now they're making Killjoy Goes To Hell.

Trent's had an interesting career in the horror genre. He was horror fan who caught a lucky break with Troma. Even ended up writing Toxic Avenger IV, and the excellent Deadgirl. And directed the more recent Chop starring fellow Troma alumni Will Keenan.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #131
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
I've seen the first 3 Killjoys, eh, they're ok. I do prefer the sequels, partly because of Trent Haaga taking over the role of Killjoy. I did like the villains they introduced in the 3rd one like Batty Boop.

Now they're making Killjoy Goes To Hell.

Trent's had an interesting career in the horror genre. He was horror fan who caught a lucky break with Troma. Even ended up writing Toxic Avenger IV, and the excellent Deadgirl. And directed the more recent Chop starring fellow Troma alumni Will Keenan.

Killjoy Goes to Hell is already on DVD.

http://www.fullmoondirect.com/Killjo...y-4_p_626.html
Old 10-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #132
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Damn that was fast haha
Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #133
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I went through the 3 Killjoy films pretty quickly, they're less than 90 minutes.

I enjoyed 3 the most and I may get 4 soon because Killjoy's friends come back in it.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #134
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default Evil Clergyman DVD, released 2012, shot in 1987!

In 1987 Charles Band directed "PULSESPOUNDERS", an anthology film comprised of three 30 minute sequels to the biggest hits of Empire Pictures: "H.P. LOVECRAFT's THE EVIL CLERGYMAN", a "TRANCERS" sequel, and a sequel to "THE DUNGEONMASTER". "PULSEPOUNDERS" was shot and edited in 1988 before circumstances prevented it from being released. In addition the original 35mm negative for the 3 episodes has never been found. For the last 25 years, fans have been excited to see any footage from this lost treasure.

In 2011 a "PULSEPOUNDERS" work print on VHS was discovered. Charles Band and a team of digital experts have been working for the last year digitally restoring it. Richard Band, the composer of classic film scores such as "RE-ANIMATOR" and "PUPPER MASTER" has composed an original lavish 1980's style score for it! The first of the "lost" "PULSEPOUNDERS" episodes to be restored, "H.P. LOVECRAFT's THE EVIL CLERGYMAN" re-unites horror's hottest duo: Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton! "THE EVIL CLERGYMAN" also stars horror legends David Warner and David Gale (Dr. Hill from "RE-ANIMATOR"). The historic cinematic premiere was attended by director Charles Band, stars Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton, and composer Richard Band in Chicago at Flashback Weekend. Screenings have also been arranged for the H.P. Lovecraft festivals in both Los Angeles and Portland.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

THE PREMIERE OF EVIL CLERGYMAN DOCUMENTARY: shot at the Aug. 11th 2012 premiere of Evil Clergyman at the Muvico Theaters Rosemont in Chicago! Including exclusive interviews with JEFFREY COMBS, BARBARA CRAMPTON, RICHARD BAND & CHARLES BAND!
60 seconds of un-restored footage from the PULSEPOUNDERS TRANCERS SEQUEL! – to premiere at Flashback Weekend August 9-11, 2013!

FULL MOON FEATURES Presents THE EVIL CLERGYMAN
Starring
JEFFREY COMBS
BARBARA CRAMPTON
DAVID WARNER
DAVID GALE
UNA BRANDON-JONES
Production Design by Giovanni Natalucci
Cinematography by MAC AHLBERG
music composed by RICHARD BAND
“The Evil Clergyman” story by H.P.LOVECRAFT
Written by DENNIS PAOLI
Produced and Directed by CHARLES BAND
In memory of DAVID GALE

30 minutes
16:9 widescreen
Not Rated
Stereo
Production year: 2012

http://www.fullmoondirect.com/Evil-C...987_p_630.html

(Thanks JamesG!)

Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #135
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

This is cool! I'm definitely getting it.