Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #61
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default Surprise Blu-Ray News of the Day: Manos: The Hands of Fate

A lot of movies are finally converting to high definition with Blu-Ray releases this year, but of the upcoming releases the least likely suspect may be one of the most intriguing. Those familiar with Manos: The Hands of Fate have more than likely seen it as part of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 group doing their trademark riffing on it during one of their show's best episodes. The movie's story - as convoluted as it gets - involves a family who take a wrong turn and end up in the clutches of an evil cult led by The Master and his sidekick Torgo... Torgo! With its awful acting (which is dubbed in), horrid editing and terrible film quality (or so we thought) it has become what is widely considered to be one of the worst and most popular B-movies of all-time.

Recently, film lover Ben Solovey became the proud owner of Manos' 16mm workprint through an eBay auction, no less. Ever since finding the gem, he has made it his passion project to restore this movie off of its original print fixing at least the film quality - though nothing can save the horribleness of the rest of it. Very soon we could see a high definition version of one of the worst movies ever made, but is it a good thing?
http://www.movieinyourface.com/2011/...day-manos.html

Ben Solovey's detailed blog about the restoration:http://www.manosinhd.com/?page_id=277
Attached Images

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #62
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default Mondo Macabro DVD Says DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS!

This 1984 UK holiday slasher film will finally make its North American DVD debut on December 6th via Mondo Macabro! Cover art is located on the right and can be enlarged for detailed viewing! The film will be presented fully uncut along with the following Special features:

Brand new anamorphic transfer from negative
52 minute "Making Of" featurette
Documentary about Producer Dick Randall
Trailers
Extensive production notes
Mondo Macabro previews

Premise:

DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS, directed by and starring Edmund Purdom, celebrates Christmas time in London - a season of good will to all men and full of joyous celebrations, quality family time and luxurious presents. This year, it's also time for a masked maniac to be let loose on the streets. His intended victims are chosen at random but they all have one thing in common: they are dressed in the flowing white beard and bright red robes of Santa Claus! With fourteen Santa Clauses already dead and only three killing days left until Christmas, the police are baffled as the horrific death toll continues to rise. From the producers of Pieces and Slaughter High, this rarely-seen flick features shocks galore and will put the "ho, ho, ho" in your horror!
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...till-christmas
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #63
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default Caroline Munro on the ‘Captain Kronos' Blu-ray and ‘Maniac' Remake

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of speaking with the radiant Caroline Munro, star of such genre films as The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, The Spy Who Loved Me and of course the horror favorites Maniac and Captain Kronos – Vampire Hunter. The latter is my favorite of all the Hammer movies, and Munro's gypsy girl Carla is my favorite of the Hammer heroines; so needless to say I was thrilled to hear from Munro herself that Kronos is finally coming to Blu-ray in the UK. (If a US release doesn't soon follow – and God knows the film deserves one – this will be the title for which I'll finally break down and buy a region-free player.) Find out what Munro had to say about this Blu-ray release, as well as her thoughts on the upcoming remake of William Lustig's Maniac, after the jump.

Munro remarked that she did the audio commentary for the Captain Kronos Blu-ray "about six weeks ago."

"Myself; [writer-director] Brian Clemens; Shane Briant, who played Lady Durward's son; John Carson, who played Dr. Marcus; and Ian Wilson, the cinematographer – we were all there and talking as we watched the film. All of us hadn't seen the film in some time, so it came as a delight to see it again. And to see it through fresh eyes. I think it still holds up today."

"I actually didn't see [the new transfer], because they didn't have it at that time. We were working to an old print. I'd be fascinated to see it, because I bet it's rather good. I suppose it'll be out in the New Year, maybe spring time or something. Arrow Films is doing it, and it's in conjunction with the new Hammer."

Regarding the Maniac remake, Munro said, "It's Elijah Wood. I love him as an actor. He's so different from Joe [Spinell]. I mean it's like chalk and cheese. It'll be interesting to see if they've followed it. Ours was loosely based on the Son of Sam. I look forward to seeing that. I wonder if they'll pay any nods to Joe…"

As for her next on-screen appearance, Munro says fans can soon look forward to seeing her in an altogether different genre: the spaghetti western.

"I think in March, in Spain, they're doing a spaghetti western. They're trying to revamp the spaghetti western using some of the people that have worked in westerns. I did a little bit in a western with Richard Widmark, one of my first films was with him. I've been asked to do a cameo role in that, so I've got that coming out. There's one or two irons in the fire, as they say. [Laughs.] I'm keeping busy. Filming is still my passion, it still remains my number one, after my daughters and my family of course. But insofar as work, I love working in films, love it."

Always a favorite at conventions, Munro will next appear in the U.S. April 13 through 15, 2012 at Burbank's Monsterpalooza convention; her first time at the popular horror con.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/intervie..._munro_on.html
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #64
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default The House On Sorority Row

Year:1983
Director: Mark Rosman
Running Time: 92 min
Release Date: January 17, 2012

Flirtatious young sorority sisters who are days away from graduation set out to throw one last decadent celebration. Unbeknownst to them, the strict matron of their house hides a horrendous secret thought long buried. A gruesome accident is witnessed by a hideous fiend, hidden within the once nurturing dwelling, which triggers a rampage of death and destruction. Before the end, the peril faced by this sisterhood will push them to the brink of annihilation. And rivers of blood will drown all who enter...The House On Sorority Row.

DVD FEATURES:

Disc 1

- Watch this in “Katarina’s Nightmare Theater” format with our hostess Katarina Leigh Waters or play feature only
- Brand New 16x9 (1:78) HD master from the original IN
- Brand New audio commentary with Director Mark Rosman moderated by Katarina Leigh Waters
- Bonus commentary with Stars Kate McNeil, Eileen Davidson and director Mark Rosman
- TV spots
- 3 thearical trailers

Disc 2

- On camera interview with star Kate McNeil conducted by Katarina Leigh Waters
- On camera interview with star Eileen Davidson conducted by Katarina Leigh Water
- On camera interview with Director Mark Rosman conducted by Katarina Leigh Waters
- On camera interview with co-star Harley Jane Kozak
- On camera interview with composer Richard Band
- On camera interview with co-producer Igo Kantor
- Storyboard Comparisons
- Photo Gallery

http://www.scorpionreleasing.com/kat...duct.php?id=14
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #65
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

^ I believe this is the 2nd re-release, right?

I remember a 25th Anniv. Edition came out in 2010 to coincide with the remake.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #66
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
^ I believe this is the 2nd re-release, right?

I remember a 25th Anniv. Edition came out in 2010 to coincide with the remake.

Yep, this upcoming release is from the same company, and adds a lot more, plus the extras that came with the 2010 release...I'm glad I waited, I will definitely double-dip for this 2 disc one. I have the Image Entertainment bare bones version that came out years ago, I got it when most of Image's titles were dropped down to $4.99 each....it then went OOP and the price jumped up to over $80, then went down with the '10 release.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #67
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

And I'm glad they carried ALL the extras over...it was lame when they released for the 2nd time Final Exam- they carried over the interviews but not the Cast Commentary which is the best feature IMO....I'm a sucker for commentaries I may or may not double dip for the new one.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #68
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

To me this is the one good thing that came from the remake, because the original was OOP for years.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #69
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
To me this is the one good thing that came from the remake, because the original was OOP for years.

Sometimes remakes are good things...didn't they release the Uncut version of the original My Bloody Valentine to coincide with the remake?

I was hoping with the Willard remake we would have gotten the original on DVD.....but alas.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #70
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Sometimes remakes are good things...didn't they release the Uncut version of the original My Bloody Valentine to coincide with the remake?

Yes.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #71
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Yes.

Ooh, now I remember, the so called documentary on it turned out to be an excuse to advertise the remake.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #72
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Default Synapse to Release Raimi-Starring Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except on Blu-ray

Vietnam, 1969. War is Hell. For Marine Sergeant Jack Stryker (Brian Schulz), however, Hell is just the beginning.

Trapped outside a Viet Cong village, Stryker takes two bullets to the leg. Sent home from the war, he discovers his ex-girlfriend (Cheryl Hausen) has been kidnapped by a religious cult with a vicious Manson-like leader (played by Sam Raimi). Stryker teams up with his marine buddies to form an assassination squad to annihilate the gang of crazed killers.

Synapse Films proudly presents Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except in an all-new 2K high-definition transfer from the original negative.

Directed by Josh Becker, this cult classic features many of the creative personnel responsible for The Evil Dead including co-writer Bruce Campbell, writer/producer Scott Spiegel (Hostel: Part III), composer Joseph LoDuca, and actor Ted Raimi.

Special Features:

• All-New High-Definition 2K Digital Restoration from the Original Negative
• The Original Super 8mm Short film, STRYKER’S WAR, starring Bruce Campbell!
• Made in Michigan: The Making of THOU SHALT NOT KILL… EXCEPT – Featurette
• Two Audio Commentaries featuring Director Josh Becker, Bruce Campbell, and Star Brian Schulz
• All-New Video Interview with Actor/Writer Bruce Campbell
• Deleted Scene with Optional Director's Commentary
• Alternate Title Sequence
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Alternate Cover Artwork

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ept-on-blu-ray

(Thanks JamesG!)
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #73
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

I'll definitely be double-dipping Thou Shalt Not Kill... I have the Anchor Bay release, the commentary with Josh Becker and Bruce Campbell is entertaining, but seeing as there will be a new commentary, including Brian Schulz, who took on Bruce Campbell's role for the feature length film, plus a making of, and the original short film!...I'm sold.

NOW if someone would release Josh Becker's Lunatics A Love Story....I also wouldn't mind seeing a re release of Becker's Running Time, again Becker and Campbell's commentary is entertaining, but I'd love to see a making of.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #74
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

^ When you double-dip, do you hang on to the previous release or do you get rid of it?

Sometimes people hang on to the prior release when the newer release may not carry everything over. Others keep the old release anyway even if it the new one has everything (and more).
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #75
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
^ When you double-dip, do you hang on to the previous release or do you get rid of it?

Sometimes people hang on to the prior release when the newer release may not carry everything over. Others keep the old release anyway even if it the new one has everything (and more).

Some I hang onto, like with Night Of The Living Dead Millennium Edition, I've kept that after buying the Dimension release of Night, it ported over only a few features from the ME release. I bought the Dimension release mainly for the feature length docu "One For The Fire", if that wasn't included I wouldn't have bothered.

If I do buy the second release of Final Exam, I'll keep the previous one because the cast commentary wasn't ported over.