Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Cool McDonald's Brings Back the McRib for 4 Weeks Only!

The return of McDonald's beloved McRib sandwich
BY Jacob E. Osterhout
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, November 2nd 2010

It's back!

For the first time in 16 years, McDonald's outlets nationwide return the McRib sandwich to their menus Tuesday.

The limited-edition run lasts for four weeks only. And New York McRib lovers are champing at the bit to sink their teeth into the sandwich.

"I'm going to eat as many as I can until I throw up," says Jenny Wu, a 31-year-old Web designer from Flushing.

"It's so tasty! We don't know what animals McDonald's killed to make the McRib, but we don't care because it tastes so good."

Wu is not alone: The specialty sandwich has a rabid fan base in this city.

In 2008, Anthony Benenato, an environmental waste worker in Belleville, N.J., started the Facebook group "Bring the MC Rib to New Jersey and New York," one of nearly 300 independent Facebook pages dedicated to the $2.99 menu item.

Tuesday marks the realization of his dream.

"I was hoping that if we got enough support, the McDonald's corporation would grant us our wish," says Benenato, 28, who can barely control his excitement when talking about the McRib.

"I had almost given up the fight, but then I heard the news that the McRib was coming back and I had to celebrate. I feel proud, like I did my part to help the McRib return."

The McRib debuted in 1982 to the delight of pork lovers, but by 1990 interest had waned. McDonald's removed the sandwich from the full-time menu, instead offering it sporadically as a specialty item at restaurants across the country.

"The McRib sandwich is seen by our customers as one of the most legendary menu items we have to offer," says McDonald's spokeswoman Tara Hayes. "By offering it in limited time periods it keeps the product fresh in the minds of our guests and maintains the demand to keep it coming back."

The McRib has been featured in David Letterman Top 10 lists, an episode of "The Simpsons" (as the Ribwich), and a Charlie's Angels movie.

"Even if you haven't had a McRib in years, you still remember what it looks and tastes like," says Aaron Walker, a 39-year-old financial manager from Boerum Hill.

"I mean, how many other sandwiches are turned into a cartoon."

The taste certainly maintains an appeal for those sick of burgers.

"I love the McRib because of the sauce," says Ben Barna, 28, a writer in Bed-Stuy. "There's also the nice contrast between the sweet barbecue taste and the salty pickles. Also, it's very exciting to get a pork sandwich at a burger place."

Plus, there are fond childhood memories.

"I remember eating it as a kid and how good it was," says Benenato. "I've been on a crazy strict diet lately and lost a ton of weight, but I am definitely going to break my diet to go have a McRib."

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...ting_fans.html
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

The McDonalds here started serving it several weeks ago.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

I am so looking forward to this. I haven't had one in years.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
dakert

I had one sunday and will probably have one more before they are gone.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakert
I had one sunday and will probably have one more before they are gone.

Reading this thread made me hungry, I just went and got 3.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
angiefan
Forum Regular
happy labor day!

Send a message via Yahoo to angiefan
Default McDonald's bring back the McRib for 4 Weeks only!

It came before halloween,and McRib is on the list of cupons my mom got in the mail for McDonalds.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Wow here at the McDonald's in my town it's not $2.99 it's $1.99
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

They sound good but I have to check the calories, carb content etc. - probably will pass on it though bec. I bet the count will be high.

I did have a grilled chicken snack wrap the other day though, with BBQ sauce, and it was good and not off the charts cal or carb wise.
\
For those w/o these issues, I do have to admit most of McD's stuff is tasty and I remember this was when I had some way back when.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
The Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
They sound good but I have to check the calories, carb content etc. - probably will pass on it though bec. I bet the count will be high.

I did have a grilled chicken snack wrap the other day though, with BBQ sauce, and it was good and not off the charts cal or carb wise.
\
For those w/o these issues, I do have to admit most of McD's stuff is tasty and I remember this was when I had some way back when.

Are you thinking about visiting Temptation Island again? lol
Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
TJL
Forum Veteran
Suburbanite Extrordinaire

Sweet!

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!

\

It seems that each sandwich is 500 calories, 44g of carbs, 10g of saturated fat and 980mg of sodium.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

McDonald's is not selling the McRib sandwich in Canada. I'd rather have the rib dinner at Swiss Chalet anyways!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

I like the McRib.

I wish it would stay this time!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 11-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #14
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
It seems that each sandwich is 500 calories, 44g of carbs, 10g of saturated fat and 980mg of sodium.

Pretty much as I suspected - too many of everything esp the cals & carbs -thanks HuntingtonM15
Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Are you thinking about visiting Temptation Island again? lol

Not really - at least not for a while. The broiled chicken snack wrap I had at McD's was 260 cals - which isn't so bad - and it did hit the spot. First time I was in a McD's in at least 6 months.

But I did go to a White Castle recently & had a chicken ring sandwihich (threw out 1/2 of bread) and 1/2 a reg order of french fries. Both (thank God) turned out not to be all that & I got the craving out of my system.

The thing I like about Weight Watchers is they tell you not to deprive yourself of stuff like this every once in a while - just plan around it. I did, and that's enuf Fast Food for me for a long while.

(sorry to go somewhat O/T)