Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
70s show watcher

r i p tom and thank you for being such a big part of my child hood when i think of you and the happy days gang i always smile
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #17
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

It isn't a Happy Day for sure....

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 10-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
howilu

Happy Days got sadder when we found out that Tom Bosley passed away. He was an outstanding actor who also excelled in commercials and cartoon voiceovers, such as Harry Boyle on Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home. He was also one of the best TV dads of all time and the one moment I remember about him on Happy Days when he addressed the camera after Joanie and Chachi's wedding and thanked viewers for being part of their family. To Happy Days and may he rest in peace.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Default Comments from Garry Marshall, Ron Howard and Henry Winkler

Director-producer Garry Marshall — who created the iconic TV series Happy Days — Ron Howard, and Henry Winkler have released statements to EW about late actor Tom Bosley, who played the show’s patriarch. (Bosley passed away at 83 years old after a long battle with lung cancer.)

Garry Marshall, Happy Days creator:“Tom was a talented professional in front of the camera and behind the scenes. He provided a positive influence over all of the young actors on Happy Days. Audiences will never forget the lovable Howard Cunningham who made us laugh on Tuesday nights. He was a good friend. I will miss him. Comedy will miss him.”

Ron Howard, who played Bosley’s on-screen son, Richie: “I’m so saddened by the loss of our wonderful Tom Bosley. Remarkable on so many levels, Tom’s insight, talent, strength of character and comic timing made him a vital central figure in the Happy Days experience. A great father and husband, and a wonderful artist, Tom lead by example, and made us all laugh while he was doing it. My last conversations with Tom reflected the love of life and peace of mind that he always maintained throughout his full and rewarding life. I miss him already.”

Henry Winkler, who played Arthur Fonzarelli a.k.a. “The Fonz” on Happy Days: “Tom was a family member, both on and off the sound stage. We acted together, traveled together and played charades together. He was a loving husband, a doting father and a fantastic grandfather. He will be so missed but never forgotten by the Winkler Family or the world.”

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/10/19...rs-tom-bosley/
Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
Rezny@gmail.com

Maybe-just maybe--WGN or someone-because they (WGN)used to air it ,will do a marathon of the series.But don't count on TVLand doing it.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

This is so very sad. Growing up in the 1970's Happy Days was a big part of my childhood. Tom was the perfect father figure. I actually just got done watching the 2 HD episodes that I DVR'd last night on Hub. It's sad to watch him in it now. Thank you Tom for all the laughs and good times that you gave me. R.I.P. Mr. C.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
AaronHandy3
Forum Regular
Classic TV Buff

Send a message via AIM to AaronHandy3 Send a message via MSN to AaronHandy3 Send a message via Yahoo to AaronHandy3
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That makes three:

Simon MacCorkindale

Barbara Billingsley

Tom Bosley

It's a miracle The Grim Reaper's not suffering from overwork right now.

To absent friends...
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #23
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I remember once Ron Howard did one of those Celebrity Secrets bits on Conan O'Brien and said: "I once saw Tom Bosley kill a man for using Hefty brand garbage bags. He then used a Glad trash bag to dispose of the body. I respect a man who believes in the product he endorses!"

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #24
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by howilu
He was also one of the best TV dads of all time and the one moment I remember about him on Happy Days when he addressed the camera after Joanie and Chachi's wedding and thanked viewers for being part of their family. To Happy Days and may he rest in peace.

That was the line I first thought of when I heard the news. Mr. Bosley, thank YOU for being part of our families, too!!!!

Charles, thanks for posting the comments of Ron Howard, Henry Winkler and Garry Marshall. Very sweet and touching!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
Who was Simon MacCorindale?

He was a British actor who starred on Falcon Crest and also played the title character on the ill-fated 1983 NBC adventure series, Manimal.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #26
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjesse
The "are you being frisky, Howard"? scenes between Tom Bosley and Marion Ross were priceless.

Mr. and Mrs. C's "frisky" moments were always hilarious, like the time she dressed up in the harem costume and kept tickling him!!! "Marion, will you go out and feed the camels?"
Old 10-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #27
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/1...-tweet-dreams/

Stars Pay Tribute To 'Happy Days' Star Tom Bosley In Today's Tweet Dreams

Posted 55 minutes ago by Aly Semigran in The Twitter Nation

Tom BosleyTom Bosley (pictured), who played one of television's most iconic fathers, Mr. Cunningham, on the classic sitcom "Happy Days" died today at the age of 83. Hollywood paid their respects to the Tony-winning actor on Twitter, including some of Bosley's former co-stars. Neil Patrick Harris, posted, "Sad news: Tom Bosley has passed away. Such a wonderful man. We worked together in Cabaret on Broadway. So kind. He will be missed..." and "That 70's Show" star Danny Masterson told fans, "Happy Days Tom Bosley passed 2day. Worked w him on 70s. He was a lovely lovely man. Cheers Tom."

But, it wasn't just those who had the honor of working with Bosley who took to their Twitters, as fellow famous fans left some words about the star of stage and screen. Director/writer/actor Kevin Smith wrote, "America's Dad dies: g'bye & thanks, Tom Bosley" while Carson Daly put, simply, "Rest in peace Mr. C."
Old 10-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #28
James

Unhappy

Rest in peace, Mr. C!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #29
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKen15uyjWQ
Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #30
studd911

Default RIP MR C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
It's sad that we have lost both actors that played Howard Cunningham in a span of only 5 weeks. Harold Gould, who originated the role in "Love and the Happy Days" from Love American Style and now Tom Bosley. My earliest memories of Tom are from the animated series Wait Till Your Father Gets Home.

Tom Bosley
What did Tom die of i read it on yahoo.com but it did not say we lost two imporant charactors howard and Arnold i do not think they will ever have another reunion how is Al doing