Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
thebigcookie

Default Is it seriously true that Happy Days is rated TV-PG on the Hub?

I don't have the hub but I noticed on their website and on titantv that Happy Days was rated TV-PG? Is this really true? If so, this is very strange, because it was always TV-G on TV Land and WGN.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Nodsmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
I don't have the hub but I noticed on their website and on titantv that Happy Days was rated TV-PG? Is this really true? If so, this is very strange, because it was always TV-G on TV Land and WGN.

yes, some episodes have the TV-PG rating; some are TV-G.

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Victory Shal Be Mine!"~~Stewie Griffin, "Family Guy"
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
WalrusIsPaul
Forum Regular

They skip enough episodes. Wonder those ones are TOO pg to show LOL
Old 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalrusIsPaul

Probably with the episode that Richie almost dies and Marion dressed in that outfit was probably too PG rated...

I am interested to see if they do air the 11th season episode called 'Kiss me teach'... I would be shocked if they did.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
Probably with the episode that Richie almost dies and Marion dressed in that outfit was probably too PG rated...

I am interested to see if they do air the 11th season episode called 'Kiss me teach'... I would be shocked if they did.

I am disappointed they are skipping over some eps...they skipped all the Leather Tuscadero episodes except the one where she and Ralph went on a date....and the Richie Amost Dies episode. I hope they don't skip "Kiss Me Teach," that was a good episode too....(maybe they'll rate that one "TV-14" lol).

I'd rather see them rate an episode "TV-PG" then edit out whatever they think is "inappropriate," like Hallmark channel does to some episodes of their shows.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac81s
I hope they don't skip "Kiss Me Teach," that was a good episode too....(maybe they'll rate that one "TV-14" lol).

That was one of the better final-season episodes. It's also one of my favorite Erin Moran appearances of all the work she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac81s
I'd rather see them rate an episode "TV-PG" then edit out whatever they think is "inappropriate," like Hallmark channel does to some episodes of their shows.

Definitely!

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

They started skipping a lot of eps when they started airing Season 5 (I'm taping them and keeping track of which ones they've aired using a list). They've skipped the anniversary specials, the "Hollywood" 3-parter; from Season 7 the ep where Marion and Howard renew their vows and the one where Joanie and Chachi first kiss were also skipped. I can't think of any reason why those shows were skipped since there's nothing "controversial" in them, but I don't know what criteria The Hub is using as reasons to skip them.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I think that the hub isn't so much "skipping" episodes as they are bouncing back and forth between early and late episodes, and there have been several they have aired twice - including "2nd Anniversary Show", "Motorcycle", "Fearless Fonzarelli" and some others

I think they are doing it to get the best ratings; they might be trying to avoid showing the later episodes all in a row and having people stop watching.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
Waterston_Fan

What is the reason that people like the 'Kiss me teach' episode? I felt like it was kinda not a Happy days episode.

I sure hope it's only because 'The Fonz' comes to the rescue and not because Joanie is close to getting attacked.

There is one episode they didn't air which was where Marion was in that outfit to get Howard's attention.. I loved that part and when Howard and Fonzie are snapping their fingers at each other in Marion's day dream.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Quote:
What is the reason that people like the 'Kiss me teach' episode? I felt like it was kinda not a Happy days episode.

The character of Joanie had been in the entire series, right from the beginning, so I do think it was a legitimate HD episode featuring her. I like it because it gave Erin Moran a chance to do some substantive acting instead of being in a supporting role or just having frivolous stuff to react to.

Quote:
I sure hope it's only because 'The Fonz' comes to the rescue and not because Joanie is close to getting attacked.

No, I don't think any fan would tolerate seeing Joanie even close to being attacked. However, she was a very attractive character and not only did the storyline seem proper and realistic, but also the supporting actors did a fine job to pull that off. It was a good story and done in good taste.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #11
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
The character of Joanie had been in the entire series, right from the beginning, so I do think it was a legitimate HD episode featuring her. I like it because it gave Erin Moran a chance to do some substantive acting instead of being in a supporting role or just having frivolous stuff to react to.

No, I don't think any fan would tolerate seeing Joanie even close to being attacked. However, she was a very attractive character and not only did the storyline seem proper and realistic, but also the supporting actors did a fine job to pull that off. It was a good story and done in good taste.

Yeah, that's true. I never really thought of it that way.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
steevo
It is Green

Currently, I am DVR'ing episodes on the Hub from seasons that aren't yet out on DVD and I noticed they are skipping episodes as well. I may be wrong, but I don't believe they aired the three-part "Fonzie Loves Pinkie" from season 4 or the three-parter on the dude ranch that started season 6. I hope that the ones from season 5-onward that were skipped will air eventually so I can complete my collection.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalrusIsPaul
it is horrible the way some great episodes have been skipped
Old 02-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #14
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

Quote:
What is the reason that people like the 'Kiss me teach' episode?

I liked it because we got to see Erin Moran (and the others) do some great acting. It's one of those "serious" episodes but I think they presented it well, in a not-too-far-fetched kind of way that you usually see when a comedy does a "serious/special" episode.

I don't think anyone liked it BECAUSE Joanie was attacked, but because of the good acting done (and she was saved
Old 02-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #15
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

I remember Nick at Nite and other networks also sometimes skipping over some random episodes (in Happy Days and other series as well). They would usually air in the next run through of the series. Not sure why, I don't think it's for content or fear of lower ratings. Maybe they think it will keep people watching through the next run through of the series hoping to catch that episode?