Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
studd911

Default Its kind of weird seeing the classic on the HUB children channel

Hey happy days fans, i am happy that these classic television shows are coming back. But to me, and i am not trying to hate, but these shows do not look good on the Hub channel, it kind of weird of seeing the channel unfied with a children channel, they should have launch a classic network of there own, like a another nick at nite channel. its only my personal opinion
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Uh, what is wrong with that? Nickelodeon is a children's channel and Nick at Nite aired classics like this following children's programming.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
studd911

Default HUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
Uh, what is wrong with that? Nickelodeon is a children's channel and Nick at Nite aired classics like this following children's programming.
Hey pavan i was watching the show on the network and it does not look right to me thats just my opinion, it does not have that tv land nick at nite feeling
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
anglemark10
Forum Regular

What's the difference? It's airing regularly on TV again - that's all that's important.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
studd911

Default hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
What's the difference? It's airing regularly on TV again - that's all that's important.
i am going to leave that alone
Old 10-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

yay it's back on tv

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut
Old 10-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
It does not have that tv land nick at nite feeling

That's a plus right there.

This article might explain things more clearly:

'Happy Days': Hasbro Launches TV Oldies In Prime Time

Link

Despite a crowded field, Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner said happy days are here for the new Hub network -- literally. Borrowing a page from Nick at Nite, it's airing "Happy Days" and other former network hits in prime time to build family viewing.

The network, a co-venture of Hasbro and Discovery, launched Oct. 10; an early marketing campaign will continue through the holidays. Promotional stickers are appearing on more than 34 million Hasbro items at retail, while a network schedule will be included in deliveries of products purchased via Hasbro's Web site.

Goldner said the campaign, carring a "Where Great Things Come Together" tagline, has been "very impactful."

"Happy Days" is joined by series such as "Family Ties" and "Doogie Howser, M.D." on weeknights. During the day, shows zero in on the network's stated target of kids 6 to 12 -- everything from a Strawberry Shortcake offering to game show "Pictureka!" to "Meerkat Manor," which has aired on Animal Planet.

An Oct. 13 airing of "Happy Days" was actually The Hub's highest-rated show for the Monday-Thursday period last week -- pulling in a .27 household rating in "live plus same day" ratings. A midnight airing of a "Transformers Generation" episode was second with a .26.

Goldner said he's had conversations with Discovery CEO David Zaslav, noting: "We feel very good about the ratings" over the first week, adding they are "indicative of people coming out and sampling, both parents and kids." The network is in 60 million homes.

This weekend, The Hub will try to make a splash with musical specials with Taylor Swift, produced by Hasbro Studios, which is behind much of the The Hub's originals. "Family Game Night," where families compete by playing Hasbro games, has the potential to be a linchpin as it takes hold on weekends.

The Hub is trying to carve out a niche with a Nickelodeon model of kids' programming during the day and co-viewing at night. But it is also competing with the Disney Channel and Cartoon Network.

"We know building a successful kids' network is a long-term endeavor," Goldner said on a Hasbro investor call, adding that he's satisfied with how The Hub and Hasbro Studios' teams have made progress in such a compressed time frame.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Quote:
An Oct. 13 airing of "Happy Days" was actually The Hub's highest-rated show for the Monday-Thursday period last week -- pulling in a .27 household rating in "live plus same day" ratings.

That's great! A lot of people on Twitter were commenting about HD being back on the air and that they missed the show a lot. I'm glad the show is getting good ratings at The Hub.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 10-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #9
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
i agree
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
tmac81s
Frequent Poster

this really reminds me of when Nick at Nite first started. What they wanted to do, was have programming on that was family-friendly, but adults would want to watch as well. That's when they had shows from the 50s-60s-70s. Most of what they have now is 90s and later.

another cool thing, is that it will introduce HD and all the other series to a new generation.

"I've Heard it Both Ways"~~Shawn Spencer, "Psych"

"Victory Shal Be Mine!"~~Stewie Griffin, "Family Guy"