Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

PB's What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!! Mini Page / What's Happening Now!! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / What's Happening Now!! Photo Gallery / What's Happening!! Message Board


What's Happening Now!! - The Complete First Season

Buy What's Happening Now!! - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > What's Happening Now!!
User Name
Password


Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Brian Damage
Moderator
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,197
Thumbs down Haywood Nelson Reveals He Hated His Time on 'What's Happening Now!'

After What's Happening ended, Nelson went back to school studying Architecture at Porter and Chester Institute in Connecticut and Electronic Engineering at Pratt Institute in New York. His tenure at Pratt was cut short however, when he was called to return to his role as Dwayne on an updated version of his former series called What's Happening Now.

This time around there was less creative freedom. Nelson was not allowed to direct any of the episodes or submit any of the scripts he wrote. He said he did his job as an actor, and when they told him the show was over he said good and moved on to other projects.

After the second series came to an end Nelson took on a job as a camera assistant, directed a few music videos and since then has remained in the entertainment field.

It is through his studies of electronics and his experiences as an actor that Nelson has been given a unique converging perspective on his current career as a distributor of screenplays as well as a screenwriter himself and as a participant in multiple entertainment industry related Internet operations such as Simply TV which is bringing television to the Internet.

http://www.antonnews.com/mineolaamer...98/10/23/news/
__________________
The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven: John 3:3

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,234
Icon15

Gee, wasn't ANYONE happy on WHN???
__________________
"Jesus loves you and He approves this message."

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend
Now on the good ship lollipop
 
Stuck In The '70's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 58,108
Default

After Fred Barry left, I stopped watching so....
__________________
Sonny
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
TVFactFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 82,965
Default

I never understood why it was revived when the original show was cancelled-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: New York City, NY
Posts: 10,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I never understood why it was revived when the original show was cancelled-lol


In all fairness, dude, various shows were revived:

9 to 5 (1986)
Mama's Family (1986) 2 years after NBC canceled it.
Leave it to Beaver (1985)
Charles in Charge (1987)
That's My Mama pilot (1985) Glad this did NOT make to air
Fame (1983) After NBC canceled it.
Diff'rent Strokes (1985) After NBC canceled it.
It's a Living (1985)
Alfred Hitcock Presents (1985)

It was a trend. Everybody was doing it.
__________________
Happy 35th Anniversary to "You Can't Do That On Television!" !Viva este programa! (1979-1990) Happy 10,000 posts to me
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
TVFactFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 82,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
In all fairness, dude, various shows were revived:

9 to 5 (1986)
Mama's Family (1986) 2 years after NBC canceled it.
Leave it to Beaver (1985)
Charles in Charge (1987)
That's My Mama pilot (1985) Glad this did NOT make to air
Fame (1983) After NBC canceled it.
Diff'rent Strokes (1985) After NBC canceled it.
It's a Living (1985)
Alfred Hitcock Presents (1985)

It was a trend. Everybody was doing it.

That entire list was REVAMPED garbage-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,234
Default

Hey...I LIKED the New Leave it to Beaver!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
That's My Mama pilot (1985) Glad this did NOT make to air

Was Clifton Davis still involved, or was he already committed to Amen by that point?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
DJM77
Senior Member
Member
 
DJM77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 15, 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Was Clifton Davis still involved, or was he already committed to Amen by that point?

It was 1986. Clifton Davis didn't take part in the revised That's My Mama attempt. Ted Lange was slated to be the star.
__________________
Marge: There are only 49 stars on that flag.
Abe: I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missouri!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,234
Default

I see. Thanks!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
Reverend Jim
Forum Regular
Member
 
Reverend Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 08, 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 762
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
GSU2004
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 28, 2005
Posts: 651
Default

I actually enjoyed the revived version of Mamas Family. It seemed like the show really developed a firm footing and foundation. It could have went another season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
GSU2004
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 28, 2005
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
After What's Happening ended, Nelson went back to school studying Architecture at Porter and Chester Institute in Connecticut and Electronic Engineering at Pratt Institute in New York. His tenure at Pratt was cut short however, when he was called to return to his role as Dwayne on an updated version of his former series called What's Happening Now.

This time around there was less creative freedom. Nelson was not allowed to direct any of the episodes or submit any of the scripts he wrote. He said he did his job as an actor, and when they told him the show was over he said good and moved on to other projects.

After the second series came to an end Nelson took on a job as a camera assistant, directed a few music videos and since then has remained in the entertainment field.

It is through his studies of electronics and his experiences as an actor that Nelson has been given a unique converging perspective on his current career as a distributor of screenplays as well as a screenwriter himself and as a participant in multiple entertainment industry related Internet operations such as Simply TV which is bringing television to the Internet.

http://www.antonnews.com/mineolaamer...98/10/23/news/

I wonder how Ernest felt. Danielle wanted to focus more on college hence her limited involvement, Fred left after season 1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: New York City, NY
Posts: 10,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
That entire list was REVAMPED garbage-lol

It's been more than a year and half, Solomon. I want you to refamiliarize yourself with the list of show that I posted that were revived and tell me which ones you thought were REVAMPED Garbage and tell me why. Did you actually see all of those shows as well? Get back when you can.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
duckie
Senior Member
Member
 
duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2011
Location: south
Posts: 1,783
Default

The original show would of probably lasted another season or two but the wheels pulled the plug because the three male stars kept walking off the set, and they got fed up with it which I dont blame them. And as much as I liked Fred Berry, he was the main villian. And he pulled the same crap in WHN, and was gone after the first season.
__________________
SparkyBoy!!!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.