Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Random Posts
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #121
C Doody
Forum Legend
Captain Juke N Jive

Send a message via MSN to C Doody

Quote:
Originally Posted by *InThisMoment*

He always brought home milk on Friday.

After a long hard week full of days he would burst through the door, his fatigue hidden behind a smile. There was an icy jug of Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz in his right hand. With his left hand he would grip my waist - I was always cooking dinner - and press the cold frostiness of the jug against my arm as he kissed my cheek. I would jump, mostly to gratify him after a time, and smile lovingly at him. He was a good man, a wonderful husband who always brought the milk on Friday, Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz.

Then there was that Friday, the terrible Friday that would ruin every Friday for the rest of my life. The door opened, but there was no bouyant greeting - no cold jug against the back of my arm. There was no Tuscan Whole Milk in his right hand, nor his left. There came no kiss. I watched as he sat down in a kitchen chair to remove his shoes. He wore no fatigue, but also no smile. I didn't speak, but turned back to the beans I had been stirring. I stirred until most of their little shrivelled skins floated to the surface of the cloudy water. Something was wrong, but it was vague wrongness that no amount of hard thought could give shape to.

Over dinner that night I casually inserted,"What happened to the milk?"
"Oh,"he smiled sheepishly, glancing aside,"I guess I forgot today."

That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. He was probably shoveling funds into a secret bank account, looking at apartments in town, casting furtive glances at cashiers and secretaries and waitresses. That's when I knew it was over. Some time later he moved in with a cashier from the Food Mart down the street. And me? Well, I've gone soy.

LOL
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #122
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Why don't you save that pronographic FILTH for that other board you frequent!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #123
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMalonesGirl
same! about to begin my sophomore year of college in a few days, moving in saturday. still going to suny purchase for one more year, which sucks but it should be fun anyways. planning to transfer hopefully down to north carolina next year so i can become a meteorology major (TF! where you at?!).
OMGahhh no way! That's wicked awesome. Maybe you'll be on the TV someday. Suck it, Al Roker.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor
Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #124
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Quote:
lol
Old 08-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #125
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Quote:

After a long hard week full of days he would burst through the door, his fatigue hidden behind a smile. There was an icy jug of Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz in his right hand. With his left hand he would grip my waist - I was always cooking dinner - and press the cold frostiness of the jug against my arm as he kissed my cheek. I would jump, mostly to gratify him after a time, and smile lovingly at him. He was a good man, a wonderful husband who always brought the milk on Friday, Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz.

Then there was that Friday, the terrible Friday that would ruin every Friday for the rest of my life. The door opened, but there was no bouyant greeting - no cold jug against the back of my arm. There was no Tuscan Whole Milk in his right hand, nor his left. There came no kiss. I watched as he sat down in a kitchen chair to remove his shoes. He wore no fatigue, but also no smile. I didn't speak, but turned back to the beans I had been stirring. I stirred until most of their little shrivelled skins floated to the surface of the cloudy water. Something was wrong, but it was vague wrongness that no amount of hard thought could give shape to.

That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. He was probably shoveling funds into a secret bank account, looking at apartments in town, casting furtive glances at cashiers and secretaries and waitresses. That's when I knew it was over. Some time later he moved in with a cashier from the Food Mart down the street. And me? Well, I've gone soy.
This great piece of literary gold has brought tears to my eyes. I can read no more. All other pieces of reading are now spoiled next to its magic.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #126
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend
a starlit sky and you & me

Send a message via MSN to *InThisMoment*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pleasant Tomorrow*
This great piece of literary gold has brought tears to my eyes. I can read no more. All other pieces of reading are now spoiled next to its magic.
I'm glad someone else feels the way I do.
but you make me feel i'm in paradise, anywhere

you're velvet on a red cupcake
sound a cello & a violin make
Old 08-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #127
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

a beautiful tale for sure.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #128
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend

WHERE'S JOE FFFUUU

I have groundbreaking developments regarding a life changing event.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #129
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend

LOL NVM he just signed on.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #130
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
WHERE'S JOE FFFUUU

I have groundbreaking developments regarding a life changing event.
congrats on your promotion - you really earned it this time!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #131
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
congrats on your promotion - you really earned it this time!
Thank you.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 AM   #132
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkDFPmRSqU

best Emmys opening EVER.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #133
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUrqGFxV3Q
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #134
[-Kelsey-]
Forum Veteran
Quasimodo Delight

Quote:

Great story! I see you have been taking pictures out of my old photo album of my farm in early 2004
Old 09-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #135
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-Kelsey-]
Great story! I see you have been taking pictures out of my old photo album of my farm in early 2004
I guess we all know the real end to the story then. You ran off with MJF and took him to your Man Farm in Canada.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WRECK A MARRIAGE?