Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Family Ties Online / Family Ties links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Family Ties Photo Gallery

Family Ties - The First Season

Buy Family Ties - The First Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Second Season

Buy Family Ties - The Second Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Third Season

Buy Family Ties - The Third Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Fourth Season

Buy Family Ties - The Fourth Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Fifth Season

Buy Family Ties - The Fifth Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Sixth Season

Buy Family Ties - The Sixth Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Seventh Season

Buy Family Ties - The Seventh Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Complete Series

Buy Family Ties - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Family Ties

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Talking Great News For Michael J. Fox All Around

OTTAWA, Ont. - 74 lucky individuals will receive the Order of Canada this year, as a result of their contributions to the country.

Governor General Michaelle Jean announced this year's recipients on Wednesday.

Among those given the honour is actor Michael J. Fox, who recently is best known for his battles against Parkinson's disease. Jean's office stated that he has been appointed for his contributions as an advocate for those fighting the disease, and as an actor in film and television.

The British Columbia native is joined by the head of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Organizing Committee John Furlong, and astronaut Julie Payette, among others.

Payette has made aerospace history in Canada twice: In 1999, she was the first Canadian to visit the International Space Station, and in summer 2009, she met astronaut Robert Thirsk there - making them the first pair of Canadians to be introduced to one another in space.

Three others, including former Progressive Conservative Finance Minister Michael Wilson, are being promoted to companions to the Order of Canada.

http://www.680news.com/news/national...rder-of-canada

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default Michael J. Fox Foundation Commits up to $12 Million for Targeted Parkinson's

The Michael J. Fox Foundation has committed up to $12 million in 2011 funding for prioritized research toward transformative treatments and a cure for Parkinson's disease.

Funding is open to academic and industry researchers through the Foundation's Pipeline Programs, which consist of three annually recurring initiatives, known collectively as The Edmond J. Safra Core Programs for PD Research, as well as the industry-exclusive Therapeutics Development Initiative. The Foundation seeks investigator-initiated proposals focused on the following critical points along the translational pathway to new therapies for Parkinson's disease:

Testing Novel Hypotheses: Quick support for high-risk, high-reward projects with little to no existing preliminary data, but potential to significantly impact our understanding or treatment of PD.
Validating Novel Targets: Support for work demonstrating whether modulation of a novel biological target has impact in a PD-relevant pre-clinical model — an essential step to the development of potential targeted therapies.
Catalyzing and Expanding Preclinical Development: Industry-exclusive support for preclinical development of Parkinson's disease therapies with potential to fundamentally alter disease course and/or improve treatment of symptoms above and beyond current standards of care.
Clinically Testing Novel Therapies: Support for clinical testing of promising PD therapies that may significantly and fundamentally improve treatment of PD.

"The Pipeline Programs are a core element of our Foundation's efforts to drive research that will speed therapeutic development at historically under-funded points on the pipeline," said Todd Sherer, the Foundation's acting CEO. "The programs are part of MJFF's progressive work to keep the most promising and significant projects moving forward toward notably improving quality of life for patients now and in the future."

Brief program descriptions follow. Full details are available at www.michaeljfox.org/research.
Attached Images

Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

Congratulations to Michael J. Fox on this very prestigious and well deserved honor!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Marvo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
link

Michael J. Fox's favorite things
Alice in Chains? The actor shares some surprise picks.
May 2, 2010

Actor Michael J. Fox spends time writing these days. His Lucky Man and Always Looking Up have been best sellers. And now Fox, 48, is back with A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future (Hyperion, $17.99), filled with advice for this spring's college graduates.

Much of this shared wisdom comes from what life has thrown at him, including alcoholism and Parkinson's disease. His life's work now is raising research funds to battle Parkinson's.

USA Weekend caught up with the Canadian-born actor and asked about some of his favorite things:

Favorite movie of all time, except any of his own:
“That's easy. Dr. Strangelove. I think I saw it as a teenager in an art theater in Vancouver.”

Favorite current politician of his conservative alter ego, Alex P. Keaton from TV's Family Ties:
“He was a strict mercenary. He wanted small government and to make the most money possible. I think he'd be frustrated these days. He'd be suspicious of Obama. He'd like him as a person but suspicious of anyone who wanted to regulate commerce.”

Favorite music:
“I think right now my favorite music is the stuff I grew up on in the '60s and '70s. I took the '80s off but love the music of the early '90s. Nirvana. Soundgarden. Alice in Chains. But I can listen to James Taylor, too.”

Favorite place to go with his four kids (with wife Tracy Pollan) on a Saturday afternoon:
“The beach. And on spring break we always go to the Caribbean. We seem to go to the beach a lot.”

Favorite memory of his grandmother, Nana:
“I'd go to her place after school, and we'd hang out in the kitchen when she did the dishes and told stories. It was like spending time with Yoda, although there wasn't a Yoda then. She was Yoda.”

Favorite piece of clothing:
“I've got a few. I have an old chambray shirt that I've had 30 years. I tell my kids I have clothes older than they are. And I have original concert T-shirts from Tommy Petty with cigarette holes in them.”
— Craig Wilson