Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Superstore is Doing the Will They/Won't They Story Arc Right; Laff Pays Tribute to Harry Anderson
CBS Picks Up 11 More Returning Series for 2018-19; BET 2018 Upfront
Carol Burnett Gets Netflix Series; Futurama on Syfy, Marathon on 4/20
The Goldbergs 1990s Spinoff Ordered for ABC; Remembering Harry Anderson of Night Court
It's a Living Coming to Logo on April 21; Hollywood Darlings Returns Wednesday on Pop
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mad About You Reboot One Step Closer to Reality; The Simpsons Addresses Concerns About Character of Apu
Fri-Yay: New Girl Begins Its Final Season; Trial & Error Returns to NBC July 19
ABC to Air Roseanne Revival Marathon; Michelle Wolf Heads to Netflix
Paramount Network Gets Roseanne; The CW Summer 2018 Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Nick at Nite July / August 2010 -- Summer Marathons

Nick at Nite July/August 2010 --

READ THE BLOG STORY FIRST BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION OR MAKING A COMMENT, SO YOU HAVE THE REASONINGS
Blog Story:
http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...as-summer.html

Regular Schedule

Changes ONLY:

Effective Monday July 5, 2010
Mon-Sat Summer Marathons
11:00PM-6:00AM The Nanny (Mon); Family Matters (Tues); George Lopez (Wed); The Nanny (Thurs); Everybody Hates Chris (Fri); Malcolm in the Middle (Sat)

Effective Monday July 19, 2010
Weekdays
11:00PM & 11:30PM The Nanny (replaces summer marathons, except Wed is George Lopez)
12:00AM-6:00AM Bumper to Bumper summer marathons (later new start time)

Saturdays
11:00PM-6:00AM Regular schedule (replaces Malcolm in the Middle marathons)

Full Schedule
Mon-Thurs
6:00am Family Matters
6:30am Family Matters
8:00pm Family Matters
8:30pm Family Matters
9:00pm Everybody Hates Chris
9:30pm Everybody Hates Chris
10:00pm George Lopez
10:30pm George Lopez
11:00pm The Nanny (except Wed, George Lopez)
11:30pm The Nanny (except Wed, George Lopez)
12:00am-6:00am The Nanny (Mon); Family Matters (Tues); George Lopez (Wed); The Nanny (Thurs)

Fridays
6:00am Family Matters
6:30am Family Matters
9:00pm Everybody Hates Chris or Nickelodeon
9:30pm George Lopez
10:30pm Glenn Martin, DDS
11:00pm-6:00am Everybody Hates Chris

Weekends
8:00pm Movie or Nickelodeon (Sat)
8:30pm Movie or Nickelodeon (Sat)
9:00pm Movie or Everybody Hates Chris (Sat)
9:30pm Movie or Everybody Hates Chris (Sat)
10:30pm George Lopez
11:00pm Malcolm in the Middle
11:30pm Malcolm in the Middle
12:00am The Nanny
12:30am The Nanny
1:00am The Nanny
1:30am The Nanny
2:00am Everybody Hates Chris
2:30am Everybody Hates Chris
3:00am Family Matters
3:30am Family Matters
4:00am The Cosby Show
4:30am The Cosby Show
5:00am The Cosby Show
5:30am The Cosby Show

Specials & Marathons

-Glenn Martin, DDS
Premiered Monday, August 17, 2009
Now airing Fridays at 10:30pm
Glenn Martin, DDS is the first television production to come out of Michael Eisner’s Tornante Animation Company. The original stop-motion animated series follows the life of Glenn Martin (Kevin Nealon), who yearns for a change of scenery and a deeper connection with his family. Determined to bring the family closer together, Glenn takes the Martins on a road trip to protest the destruction of a beloved childhood park. As things unravel right from the get-go, the family is forced to make the dental-mobile – replete with a giant decorative toothbrush on the roof – their new home. Glenn, Jackie (Catherine O’Hara) and Courtney (Jackie Clarke) – an 11-year-old future corporate maven who brings along her personal assistant, Wendy (Judy Greer), a 14-year-old North Korean exile – and son, Conor (Peter Oldring), the 13-year-old hormone-addled tween who’s not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed--quickly learn when hitting the road that the road can sometimes hit back in unexpected ways. The Martins are accompanied on their journey by the family dog, Canine, who’s pronounced buttocks only add to the hilarity.

July Premieres:
Friday, July 2 at 10:30pm – Premiere – Glenn Martin, DDS: Footlooseball
Description: Wendy becomes the quarterback of a Texas high school football team to impress Glenn while Conor uses his new found love for dancing to change the minds of the town elders (who have banned dancing).

Friday, July 9 at 10:30 pm – Episode Premiere– Glenn Martin; DDS: Jackie's Get-Witch-Quick Scheme
Episode Description: Jackie discovers that her ancestor was accused witchcraft and sets out to clear her name. But she changes her tune once she realizes she can gain Courtney’s respect by pretending to be a witch.

Friday, July 30 at 10:30pm – Premiere – Glenn Martin, DDS: Tooth Fairy
Description: A masseuse accidently turns off Glenn’s ability to feel pain; thinking he has superpowers, Glenn becomes the Tooth Fairy and fights crime with his sidekick, Conor.

- Bumper to Bumper Summer Marathons
Starts Monday, July 5, 2010
Mon-Fri, 12am-6am ET/PT
Spend your summer nights with marathons of your favorite Nick at Nite sitcoms from Fran to Urkel to George! It's all-night marathons from 12am-6am of The Nanny (Mon); Family Matters (Tues); George Lopez (Wed); The Nanny (Thurs); and Everybody Hates Chris (Fri)!

George Lopez Marathon
Saturday, July 17, 2010
10pm-5am ET/PT

- Back to the Future Trilogy on Nick at Nite
Monday, August 23 through Wednesday, August 25, 2010
8pm-10:30pm ET/PT each night

Monday, August 23, 2010
8pm Back to the Future
Don’t miss the Nick at Nite premiere of this theatrical hit

Tuesday, August 24, 2010
8pm Back to the Future II
The excitement continues as we bring you the second part of this trilogy the very next day!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
8pm Back to the Future III
Wrap up your time traveling experience with the third and final installment of this epic trilogy.

And read the blog story for further insight: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...as-summer.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan : 08-14-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
bliggenstrauff
Frequent Poster

Cool schedule, Nick at Nite manages to stay good and I'll enjoy the summer marathons when I can catch them
Old 06-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Why the F*CK does the Nanny have TWO MARTHONS??? They could included the Cosby Show in one of the days.

I hate the f*cking stupid a$$ show.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
catsrule
Forum Veteran
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

I prefer The Nanny to the rest of the shows on Nick at Nite.
FRASIER: As usual Frasier has to save the day.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #5
ashluh3286
Occasional Poster

I have to say, I like the whole summer marathon theme.
But this George Lopez marathon thing ALL week, is really making me start to dislike the show.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashluh3286
I have to say, I like the whole summer marathon theme.
But this George Lopez marathon thing ALL week, is really making me start to dislike the show.

If you are a fan of the show why would a marathon make you dislike the show?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
DSfan

Probably one of N@N's better summer lineups in recent memory!

I love Family Matters from 8-9 leading out of Nickelodeon. George Lopez still mans the 10pm hour for them and is doing well so nice to see that they aren't moving that around.

Best of all, the return of summer marathons! It is a N@N tradition and now it's back - amazing to see

I'm very interested to see if The Nanny will air on both N@N and TV Land come August. Home Improvement could maybe go back to N@N because it isn't really airing much on TV Land right now.

Question: When N@N used to have all the block party summer marathons in the past, what hour did they start at? Was it only one show everynight or was it 2? Trying to compare it to what they're doing now.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSfan
Probably one of N@N's better summer lineups in recent memory!

I love Family Matters from 8-9 leading out of Nickelodeon. George Lopez still mans the 10pm hour for them and is doing well so nice to see that they aren't moving that around.

Best of all, the return of summer marathons! It is a N@N tradition and now it's back - amazing to see

I'm very interested to see if The Nanny will air on both N@N and TV Land come August. Home Improvement could maybe go back to N@N because it isn't really airing much on TV Land right now.

Question: When N@N used to have all the block party summer marathons in the past, what hour did they start at? Was it only one show everynight or was it 2? Trying to compare it to what they're doing now.

It started at 9pm and ended at 2am and it was one show every night.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
DSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
It started at 9pm and ended at 2am and it was one show every night.

So what aired from 2-6? Selected encore episodes of the same show?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
So what aired from 2-6? Selected encore episodes of the same show?

I can't remember because I mainly focused on the 9pm to 1am period since I had to be sleep by 2am. I think I only watched two marathons a week

Three's Company and the Cosby Show
Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

From what I remember, when NAN used to do the Block Party Summers in the 2004-2007 era, the last before they switched over to Nickelodeon, I believe they would air marathons of their more popular series, like Fresh Prince, Roseanne, Cosby, etc. from 9pm-2am (later 10pm-2am, as Full House/Fresh Prince would air every night in the 9pm hour), and then the less popular series, like Who's the Boss?, A Different World, Murphy Brown, Mad About You, etc. from 2am-6am. At least that's what I remember.

In 2007, though, I believe they weeded out the less popular shows completely, and just started doing marathons of only Fresh Prince, Roseanne, etc. And now, of course, they only do one per night. It's been that way every since Nickelodeon took over.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
DSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
From what I remember, when NAN used to do the Block Party Summers in the 2004-2007 era, the last before they switched over to Nickelodeon, I believe they would air marathons of their more popular series, like Fresh Prince, Roseanne, Cosby, etc. from 9pm-2am (later 10pm-2am, as Full House/Fresh Prince would air every night in the 9pm hour), and then the less popular series, like Who's the Boss?, A Different World, Murphy Brown, Mad About You, etc. from 2am-6am. At least that's what I remember.

In 2007, though, I believe they weeded out the less popular shows completely, and just started doing marathons of only Fresh Prince, Roseanne, etc. And now, of course, they only do one per night. It's been that way every since Nickelodeon took over.

Ok, but I was referring what I consider the 'real' Block Party Summers of 1998-2000 period. They didn't really call it Block Party Summer in 2004-07 - wasn't it like summer camp or something?

I was talking about when they had Lucy Tuesdays and Bewitched Be-Wednesdays etc....
Old 06-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Ok, but I was referring what I consider the 'real' Block Party Summers of 1998-2000 period. They didn't really call it Block Party Summer in 2004-07 - wasn't it like summer camp or something?

I was talking about when they had Lucy Tuesdays and Bewitched Be-Wednesdays etc....

You must be talking about 1998 or 1999 because since I have been living in this apt, (year of 2000), I have never seen Lucy Tuesdays or Bewitchwed Wednedays
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:

Not sure if it was 1998-2000 (I'd assume it was), it was "Mary Mondays" (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), "Lucy Tuesdays" (I Love Lucy), "Bewitched Be-Wednesdays" (Bewitched), "Jeannie Thursdays" (I Dream of Jeannie), and "Sgt. Joe Fridays" (Dragnet). Not sure if that lasted one or two summers, but it was definitely at the end of the 90s.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
benjamoon
Bewitched

Block Party Summer lasted under that title from 1994-2000, then it 2001 it became the "Un-Real-a-thon" and there have been various titles for the summer marathons ever since

Here's the Block Party Summer rundown:

1994 - 8-11pm each night
Mary Mondays
Lucy Tuesdays
Bewitched BeWednesdays
Jeannie Thursdays
Sgt. Joe Fridays

1995 - 8-11pm each weeknight
Munster Mondays
Lucy Tuesdays
Bewitched BeWednesdays
Jeannie Thursdays
Kotter Fridays

1996 - 8-11pm each weeknight
Munster Mondays
Lucy Tuesdays
Bewitched BeWednesdays
Odd Couple Thursdays
Jeannie Fridays

1997 - 8:30-11:30 each night
Monkees Mondays (became Green Acres Mondays at the end of the summer)
Lucy Tuesdays
Bewitched BeWednesdays
Happy Days Thursdays
Jeannie Fridays

1998 - 8:30-11:30pm, Sun - Fri
Lucy Sundays
Laverne & Shirley Mondays
Brady Tuesdays
Wonder Years Wednesdays
Happy Days Thursdays
Rugrats Fridays (it was "play blocks with the Rugrats" on Fri after Block Party Summer all week)

1999 - 9pm-12am each weeknight
Brady Mondays
Lucy Tuesdays
Jeffersons Wednesdays
Happy Days Thursdays
Wonder Years Fridays

2000 - 9pm-12am Sun-Fri
Lucy Sundays
Andy Griffith Mondays
Gilligan Tuesdays
Hillbilly Wednesdays
Brady Bunch Thursdays
Party Crasher Fridays (diff show each week)

----

I did this all from memory, that's how obsessed I used to be with N@N and I loved Block Party Summer more than almost anything! haha

My favorite TV shows: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, American Dreams, Mary Tyler Moore, The Office, Happy Days, The West Wing, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, and Friends