Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Meet the Browns links at Sitcoms Online / Meet the Browns Photo Gallery

Meet the Browns - Season 1 (Episodes 1-20)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 1 (Episodes 1-20) on DVD
Meet the Browns - Season 2 (Episodes 21-40)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 2 (Episodes 21-40) on DVD
Meet the Browns - Season 3 (Episodes 41-60)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 3 (Episodes 41-60) on DVD
Meet the Browns - Season 4 (Episodes 61-80)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 4 (Episodes 61-80) on DVD
Meet the Browns - Season 5 (Episodes 81-100)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 5 (Episodes 81-100) on DVD
Meet the Browns - Season 6 (Episodes 101-120)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 6 (Episodes 101-120) on DVD
Meet the Browns - Season 7 (Episodes 121-140)

Buy Meet the Browns - Season 7 (Episodes 121-140) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
isiahthomas

Default LOL@Meet The Browns Finally Got Cancelled

Ice Cube's new show which has the same title as his movie Are We There Yet is gonna take Meet The Browns place on Wednesdays at 9pm. I don't know when the show debuts but i'm guessing it's gonna be soon because i've been seeing commercials for it. I was so glad to see that because i hated Meet The Browns. I think i only watched one episode LOL.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Mikeisha
Frequent Poster

Awww. That's crazy. I never paid much attention to the show, but the episodes I did watch were funny. I'm looking forward to Ice Cube's new sitcom, though. I like him so much.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

There are no reports going around stating the show got canceled. Besides, the next set of new episodes are going to air of Meet the Browns alongside House and Are we there yet?.

The one thing that I don't like about Browns is Mr. Brown constantly insulting Edna and she can only get a few comebacks in between. I feel like I gotta turn the TV sometimes when he does that.

Last edited by ThomasE : 06-06-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
JoPol_wannabe

I hope this isn't true because I love Meet the Browns. The guy that plays Mr. Brown kind of reminds me of a modern day Fred Sanford. And I love the hospital scenes with Sasha and Renee. That girl that plays Renee is so funny I remember her in Steve Harvey's show she is very talented. I think this show is one of the better sitcoms on tv today. So I hope this show isn't cancelled and just on at a different time.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
cocytus
Forum Regular

There is nothing from any reliable news source that this show has been canceled.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

This show has not been canceled. That was isaiah's assumption. The show will continue to run on TBS. However, Mr. Perry is not pleased with the way the network is airing the House of Payne eps. When I saw his play in October, he said that he is very close to possibly having his own network.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
This show has not been canceled. That was isaiah's assumption. The show will continue to run on TBS. However, Mr. Perry is not pleased with the way the network is airing the House of Payne eps. When I saw his play in October, he said that he is very close to possibly having his own network.

I hope that Mr. Perry isn't so divorced from reality that he truly thinks that he'll get a network. If Jerry Bruckenheimer, Stephen J. Cannell and Steve Bochco couldn't get their own networks after having massively successful programs, Mr. Perry has no chance at all.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
JayTN
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
I hope that Mr. Perry isn't so divorced from reality that he truly thinks that he'll get a network. If Jerry Bruckenheimer, Stephen J. Cannell and Steve Bochco couldn't get their own networks after having massively successful programs, Mr. Perry has no chance at all.

I agree. I have never watched a single episode of either "House of Payne" or "Meet the Browns", but unless there is a continuing storyline, what difference does the order in which the episodes air really matter? Otherwise, Perry should just be glad that he has a series on the air. Once the episode is finished, it belongs to TBS and they can do with it as they please (in terms of deciding when and how to air it). I have watched "Are We There Yet?" and it seems like a serviceable "throw-back" comedy that, while full of cliches and plot devices you can see a mile away, is nevertheless an easy way to spend 30 minutes or an hour.

Starting a new network is not as easy as it sounds, it is actually quite complicated. Oprah Winfrey's recently debuted OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network was delayed at least twice and cost almost $200 million just to start up. If Oprah, the self-anointed Queen of Daytime, did not have a smooth transition from talk show host to network headliner, what makes Tyler Perry think he will fare any better?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
isiahthomas

I've watched a few episodes recently of Meet The Browns and i found myself laughing. The show isn't that bad like i thought it was. I like that cute woman who's married to the black guy that's a doctor. I think she's a nurse. Both of them were in Tyler's Why Did I Get Married movie. I think the woman's real name is Denise Boutte. The girl that's Denise and her husband's daughter is cute too. The guy who plays Mr Brown and wears those wack ass clothes is kinda funny.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
isiahthomas

I changed my mind again about Meet The Browns. This show needs to be cancelled LOL.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
I changed my mind again about Meet The Browns. This show needs to be cancelled LOL.

LOL. You are switchout, dude! LOL.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Well, it has been canceled. TBS is no longer airing it on the primetime schedule. It still is running on the weekday schedule in reruns. There are some new episodes I have yet to see.