Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover

Wink What's your rate of anger from 1-10?

You know that Richter Scale that goes from 1-10(1 being very minimal and 10 being maximum?) What is your rate of anger in these situations?

1.Your son broke the vase that has been in your family for three hundred years.

2.Your dog ripped apart the report you worked on for six hours straight and you forgot to make a copy/save it on your computer.

3.The cashier at the ice cream store gives you the wrong ice cream and is refusing to give you the right one.

4. One of your acquaintences(spelling?) calls you by your twin sister's name.

5.While waiting in line at the post office, a guy pushes you and rudely forgets to say sorry.

6.You loan your friend 200.00 and they don't return it when they said they will.

7.You find out that your 16 year old daughter is pregnant and has been for about 5 months.

8.You find out that your manager has been stealing money from you from your account.

9.Your best friend blabbed your darkest secret(The one you told him/her in complete confidentially) and know a lot of people know.

10.Someone rearends you while you are driving in traffic, causing a major accident and a big problem for your insurance plan
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Johnson
You know that Richter Scale that goes from 1-10(1 being very minimal and 10 being maximum?) What is your rate of anger in these situations?

2.Your dog ripped apart the report you worked on for six hours straight and you forgot to make a copy/save it on your computer.

3.The cashier at the ice cream store gives you the wrong ice cream and is refusing to give you the right one.

5.While waiting in line at the post office, a guy pushes you and rudely forgets to say sorry.

6.You loan your friend 200.00 and they don't return it when they said they will.

7.You find out that your 16 year old daughter is pregnant and has been for about 5 months.

8.You find out that your manager has been stealing money from you from your account.

9.Your best friend blabbed your darkest secret(The one you told him/her in complete confidentially) and know a lot of people know.

10.Someone rearends you while you are driving in traffic, causing a major accident and a big problem for your insurance plan

Okay...

1. I don't have any kids, but if my husband did that I'd probably be an 8 - and he'd be sleeping at his brother's house!

2. I don't have a dog either but if my dog did that I'd also be an 8 - and the dog would be banished to my brother in law's house!

3. Probably a 4 - 6, depending on the flavor. If it's one I like, then I'll eat it.

4. I don't have a twin sister, but if someone called me by my older sister's name it would probably be a 1-2. It's really no big deal - THEY'RE the one that needs glasses!

5. Zero. That would not bother me - to me, that's just life in the big city.

6. Probably a 3. Then I'd start bugging them for the money.

7. Again, I don't have kids, but if I did probably a 3. I'd be more upset if I found out my SON was the FATHER!!

8. That's an 8. And grounds for filing a lawsuit.

9. That's a 9, not to mention a TON of embarassment!

10. That depends on how I was physically feeling after the accident.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover

[quote=

7. [B]Again, I don't have kids, but if I did probably a 3. I'd be more upset if I found out my SON was the FATHER!![/b]

QUOTE]
Eew. That's just gross. That would mean MAJOR incest! your daughter's child would also be her niece/nephew.... gross!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

[quote=Janice Johnson]
Quote:
Originally Posted by

7. [B
Again, I don't have kids, but if I did probably a 3. I'd be more upset if I found out my SON was the FATHER!![/b]

QUOTE]
Eew. That's just gross. That would mean MAJOR incest! your daughter's child would also be her niece/nephew.... gross!

ROFL....no Janice, you misread it! What I meant was that if my son had sex with A GIRL (not his sister) and was the father of that child. Sowwy...perhaps I should have worded that just a bit better!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:

1-Though I have no children (and I'm not intending to) I would be irate!

2-I would be furious with that one...though I don't have a dog like that.

3-That won't upset me, but I will tell their manager.

4-I just would correct them (This happens to me all the time).

5-That one would piss me off.

6-Try $5000 that you've been waiting for in the past two years from your own parents!

7-I have no daughter, but I may be mad.

8-I'd have my own manager arrested and yes, that would piss me off.

9-If she was my Facebook friend...I'll take her off. And if she asks why, I'll tell her!

10-I'd hit the ****ing roof!

So...

Looks like I need Anger Management.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 04-29-2017, 03:19 AM   #6
Dude111

1 7
2 10
3 9
4 1
5 8
6 10
7 10
8 10
9 10
10 10
Old 05-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
Lee
veteran member

Quote:

10.Someone rear ends you while you are driving in traffic, causing a major accident and a big problem for your insurance plan

I don't have a son or daughter and I don't drive so I don't really have the answers to most of these questions on my anger scale.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I don't anger very easily so I would say that in general my anger goes from 1-10 very slowly. Anyways, situationally:

1.Your son broke the vase that has been in your family for three hundred years. I would be very suspicious of him as I have no son, so rather than getting angry I would be very focused on trying to figure out exactly what his angle is in pretending to be my son and what he is trying to do with a non-existent heirloom that I have no particular attachment to.

2.Your dog ripped apart the report you worked on for six hours straight and you forgot to make a copy/save it on your computer. Well my dog is pretty lazy so it would be more likely that it would take him six hours straight to slowly ruin my report by drooling on it. I would probably be more exasperated than angry, and I would focus my attention on recreating the report word-for-word in my mind and then recommitting it to paper as soon as it is complete.

3.The cashier at the ice cream store gives you the wrong ice cream and is refusing to give you the right one. I wouldn't get angry at this, I would simply refuse to pay and politely ask to speak with the manager, with whom I would have a pleasant conversation and explain the problem and get it cleared up promptly to everyone's satisfaction.

4. One of your acquaintences(spelling?) calls you by your twin sister's name. This would get me a little miffed - I can't abide by poor spelling. My twin sister is currently in another dimension, so I can understand the confusion and would take it in stride.

5.While waiting in line at the post office, a guy pushes you and rudely forgets to say sorry. I would be more confused and disturbed by this than anything else - what am I doing in a post office? Obviously I must have been abducted by aliens and they have relocated me here after extensive internal probing. The pushing I can forgive - mostly because I stole the guy's wallet while he was busy being an undercover alien.

6.You loan your friend 200.00 and they don't return it when they said they will. I'm not angry about this - if I can afford to give one of my friends 200.00 points then I am sure they must need it and will repay me when they can.

7.You find out that your 16 year old daughter is pregnant and has been for about 5 months. Well, I would be very surprised and happy to discover that I have a 16 year old daughter that I never knew about, and it is better than if she were 5 month old and 16 years pregnant.

8.You find out that your manager has been stealing money from you from your account. I don't have a manager so I would be slightly concerned that someone has promoted themselves without appropriate authorization, but I am pretty confident that they would not have access to my accounts to be stealing anything anyways, but I would have to applaud them for their initiative, and I would give them a good pep talk, imply that they are up for that really big promotion and then deftly steal their wallet while they are thanking me before leaving my office.

9.Your best friend blabbed your darkest secret(The one you told him/her in complete confidentially) and know a lot of people know. Well, I don't know a whole lot of people, or at least not a whole lot of people know me well, and if I told someone any secret it was probably just to mess with them and see who they'd blab it to anyways, so I'd probably be giggling all the way to the ocean.

10.Someone rearends you while you are driving in traffic, causing a major accident and a big problem for your insurance plan. Accidents do happen and there is no point in getting angry about it, best thing to do is to make sure that everything is documented and witnesses are accounted for and statements taken, I'm not too worried about the insurance because with a rear-ender they are 100% at fault.