Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Diff'rent Strokes Online / Diff'rent Strokes links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dana Plato Yahoo Group / Diff'rent Strokes Photo Gallery

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete First Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete First Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Second Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Third Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Diff'rent Strokes
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
caro
Frequent Poster

Default Gary Coleman critical

Gary Coleman has been hospitalized in Utah and is, per one report, in "critical condition."
The former Diff'rent Strokes star, who lives in the state, was transported from his home to a surgical ICU yesterday afternoon, E! News has confirmed.
But so far the details are sketchy.

"We're just getting bits and pieces right now, so there's really nothing to report," Coleman's manager told E! News. "If there's anything to announce, we'll let you know."
While the circumstances surrounding his hospitalization remain unclear, Coleman's brother-in-law told TMZ that the 42-year-old actor was in critical condition after sustaining a head injury during a fall. ( by the way, I heard the joke he didn't have far to fall)
This is Coleman's third hospitalization this year, after suffering seizures in January and February.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Exclamation Gary Coleman Hospitalized in Utah

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/27/gary-c...hospital-utah/

TMZ has learned Gary Coleman is currently hospitalized in Utah -- and we're told he's in critical condition.

Sources tell us Coleman was admitted yesterday -- after he was transported from his home in Utah around 12:50 PM.

Coleman's brother-in-law tells TMZ Coleman suffered a head injury after a fall.

Coleman suffered what was said to be a seizure while doing a TV interview back in February. Coleman was also hospitalized in January after he suffered what a friend described as a seizure.

Story developing ...

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 05-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Unhappy

Head injuries are very serious and often leave permanent damage. Here's hoping that's not the case for Gary. Best wishes for a full recovery!!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I know that TMZ is really trashy/tabloidy, but they do have excellent sources. I've never seen them wrong on a developing story.

I too hope and pray Gary recovers fully from his injuries. He's far from my favorite celebrity, but he's still a human being. God bless him.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

My local news has just reported this as well - but didn't add anything that isn't already here.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
Fallon97
Forum Regular

This is very sad news. I hope Gary gets well soon.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #7
70s show watcher

get well soon gary
Old 05-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
caro
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
My local news has just reported this as well - but didn't add anything that isn't already here.
GARY ON LIFE SUPPORT

The former Diff'rent Strokes star, hospitalized after a fall earlier this week, is now on life support with a brain hemorrhage, according to his manager.

Coleman, 42, suffered the injury in his Utah home on Wednesday and was taken to a local hospital for treatment, manager John Alcantar said in a statement Friday. Coleman was then transferred to the ICU at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for further tests and treatment.

And there, things took a bad turn.

"As of mid-morning on May 27, Mr. Coleman was conscious and lucid," said Alcantar. "By early afternoon, Mr. Coleman was slipping in and out of consciousness and his condition worsened.
"We are saddened to announce that since mid-afternoon, Mountain Time, on May 27, 2010, Mr. Coleman has been unconscious and on life support."
In a sad coda to his statement, Alcantar says that despite Coleman's recent history of health problems and personal issues, "he always has had fond memories of being an entertainer and appreciates his fans for all their support over the years.
"At this critical moment, we can only ask for your thoughts and prayers for Gary to make a speedy and full recovery."
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caro
GARY ON LIFE SUPPORT

The former Diff'rent Strokes star, hospitalized after a fall earlier this week, is now on life support with a brain hemorrhage, according to his manager.

Coleman, 42, suffered the injury in his Utah home on Wednesday and was taken to a local hospital for treatment, manager John Alcantar said in a statement Friday. Coleman was then transferred to the ICU at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for further tests and treatment.

And there, things took a bad turn.

"As of mid-morning on May 27, Mr. Coleman was conscious and lucid," said Alcantar. "By early afternoon, Mr. Coleman was slipping in and out of consciousness and his condition worsened.
"We are saddened to announce that since mid-afternoon, Mountain Time, on May 27, 2010, Mr. Coleman has been unconscious and on life support."
In a sad coda to his statement, Alcantar says that despite Coleman's recent history of health problems and personal issues, "he always has had fond memories of being an entertainer and appreciates his fans for all their support over the years.
"At this critical moment, we can only ask for your thoughts and prayers for Gary to make a speedy and full recovery."

Do you have a link for this?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
caro
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Do you have a link for this?
Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b183...#ixzz0pEduf0nG
Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Unhappy

This is from ABC News:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=10770202

Gary Coleman, 'Diff'rent Strokes' Star, 'Unconscious, on Life Support'
Child TV Star, Prone to Seizures, Hospitalized in Utah

By SHEILA MARIKAR and BRIAN BRAIKER
May 28, 2010

Former child TV star Gary Coleman remains unconcious and on life support after suffering an intracranial hemorrhage at his home in Utah Wednesday, according to his publicist.

"He was immediately taken to a local hospital for treatment," John Alcantar said in an e-mail to ABC News today.

Later Wednesday evening, according to Alcantar, Coleman was moved to another hospital for more tests and treatment. By midday Thursday, Coleman had regained consciousness and was lucid but by the early afternoon "was slipping in and out of consciousness and his condition worsened."

Since Thursday afternoon, Coleman, 42, has been unconscious and on life support. Because of his unstable condition, Coleman has not undergone any surgery, according to Alcantar.

"In recent years Gary Coleman has had difficulties, not only with health issues, but also with his personal and public life," Alcantar added. "At times, it may not have been apparent, but he always has had fond memories of being an entertainer and appreciates his fans for all their support over the years. At this critical moment, we can only ask for your thoughts and prayers for Gary to make a speedy and full recovery."

The year 2010 has been hard for the diminutive thespian, best known for his role in the 1980s sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes."

In January, Coleman, who has been married to Shannon Price since 2007, was arrested for failing to appear in court after a domestic disturbance. His health has also faltered -- Coleman suffered seizures in January and February on the set of "The Insider."

The actor also suffers from a congenital kidney disease and requires frequent dialysis.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

This is all very sad. Gary has a had a trouble life. A lot of it was his own doing. I was a big Gary Coleman fan back in the 70's and 80's. He was a natural comic. Things just started going wrong for him. He became very bitter. I sincerely hope that Gary recovers. I'd hate to see another star of DS have a tragic end. Get well Gary.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ Exactly. I just hope and pray that he pulls through, and if not, then he has made his peace.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
caro
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
^ Exactly. I just hope and pray that he pulls through, and if not, then he has made his peace.

soo very sad! that whole cast had the worst luck

Hard to believe that 'THE FACTS OF LIFE" kids were filming in the same area and you don't get bad publicity from them.

This just doesn't sound good.
They can't operate to stop the bleeding becuase he is unstable.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
James

Oh No

Wow. I hope he gets better. Pull through, Gary!

Last edited by James : 05-28-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: to add the ":(" smiley