Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #226
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
I'm very happy for you both. It's awesome to read about two great friends finally meeting, like a Hallmark movie or something.

It's nice to read something positive, thanks for supplying that.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #227
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ
Biggrin

Gonna be getting together with one of my best childhood friends Andrea and my ex, Donna next week. i finally have a little money, so i'm very excited. Haven't gotten together with any of them in awhile, so it should be fun. i'm a lucky guy! Ran into Donna today on the way home from Papa Murphy's, and we talked for about 10minutes. She was ecstatic for me, and told me how happy she was that i was doing so well, and how proud of me she was. i guess her and her ex broke up, because when i said boyfriend, she corrected me, and said friend. Gave her a hug, it was so nice seeing her again. iv'e missed her! Here's a pic of Donna, and a couple of Andrea that she took on Halloween.
Attached Images

St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #228
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

i'm also gonna be getting together with my friend Kathy on Monday in downtown Portland. Known her for about 8 years, and it'll be the first time we've met in person. She is giving me a camera, so i'm looking forward to that too!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #229
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Just won a $20.00 VISA card through a TIC TAC contest.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #230
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Smile Goodwill!!!

i have had an amazing couple days, and am beyond blessed. Yesterday i met up with a dear friend of seven or eight years in downtown Portland at the Starbucks at Pioneer Courthouse Square, Kathy. It was the first time we have gotten together face to face. Spent about an hour with her and her roomate, gave her a couple hugs, and she gave me a digital camera. iv'e been wanting one for years, but never had the money, and now i finally have one. i joked with her today about her and her roomate being the female Odd Couple, and her roomate cracked up, and really got a kick out of that. lol

i spent the next five hours or so walking the streets of downtown Portland, admiring the art, architecture, and the people. i stopped at a gift shop and got some great stationary, and a card. Today i received a card back that i sent to a dear friend over a week ago, and didn't understand why. About an hour ago, i remember the card and stationary, and i reliezed why GOD sent it back. That's the stationary i need to use, and that card is a card i need to send. Anyway, it was a great shop. After that i just wandered the streets, looked at many of the food carts, and pondered which one to eat at. They look so junky, but my friends have told me that they have the best food, and the biggest portions. i chose flash over substance, and went to this place called little big burger. $3.50 for a burger that was smaller than a Wendy's value burger. It tasted good, but the burgers i get from Puff's Pub tastes far better, and are about five times the size, but the same price. Next time i'm gonna go with the dinky, junky looking food cart.

From there i made my way past the 99%, the occupy Portland peeps. Like many had told me, it looked like a homeless shelter, but it didn't smell bad or anything, and the people were incredibly nice. i don't agree with alot of what they believe in, but most of them are good peeps, who's hearts are in the right place. It was a pleasure meeting them. i'm planning on going back down there and taking pics of the camp, and i will post them here, as well as on my facebook page. Anyway, i got on the max, didn't know which one to get onto, but i walked by Faith, and i was led to a very unfamiliar area. i studied the board for about 15 minutes, and got closer, and made it to 82nd avenue. Studied that board for 5 or 10 minutes, and tried getting on the bus, but i lost my pass. lol i found it right as the doors closed, and she opened it for me. Before this i lokked at the sky, and GOD told me how to get home, and sure enough, the bus brought me to 181st avenue, five blocks from home.

i looked at the sky a bit more, and started crying a little bit. Also picked up all the mishappen and perfectly shapen heart leaves that GOD told me to pick up. i flashed back to something that happened a couple months ago when i went to get my meds, (when i still took meds) i tried to go home, but got confused, lost my mind, and ended up roaming the streets for hours in the 90 degree heat instead. i made my way to a phone booth, and somehow had the presence of mind to call home, but nobody answered. i started crying for the next 15 minutes, cause i was lost and scared. i just kept walking, and getting lost, but four or five hours later i finally made it home.

A month and a half ago i made a leap of Faith, giving up all 20 meds i was on at once, and about a week ago i had something amazing happen. NoBS, i was at the doctor. My frame of mind was great, and i got on the max. All of a sudden the max had turbulence, and i had this weird feeling. No fear, just something was off. The guy told me to get off, and get on the other max. Hesitantely i did, and i was one of just a few people on. This weird guy kept walking by me slowly, and all the doors shut. This brought me back to something that happened that was the reason i gave up all the pills to begin with. i will share this at a later time, too emotional right now though. Anyway, all of a sudden one door miraculously opened. i hesitated for a moment, but something told me to get off that train. And i did. i said a prayer for those on it after i got off.

i just started walking and laughing, and said to GOD, i don't know where you are taking me, but i know it's where i'm suppose to go. i was so incredibly calm. As i was walking, i looked up, and my oh my, the show i got over the next two hours, something no movie writer would consider, too unrealistic. i saw names, names of my closest friends. People who stood by me through everything. i had lusts at one time for some, and the words sex repeatedly came up. then an arrow pointing backwards. But there was one arrow pointing down, and i started following it, just like the wise men in the Bible. i wasn't watching for cars because despite not looking, i knew where they were moreso than i ever did looking.

The show was amazing, airplanes crashing into buildings, airplanes turning into crosses, crosses turning into X's, and upside down crosses (peace signs, to nazi symbols, to birds, and on and on. so many things, but i'm not going to share everything now. The end message was that the past is the past. i started crying tears of joy, and the things i saw when i looked back were becoming dimmer and dimmer, and i could barely see. The end was me looking directly into the sun, and i saw clearer then i ever have before. Many were mocking me, and laughing, but i was crying tears of joy, and the sun turned into an eye, and was winking at me. GOD was saying i love you over and over again.

i got up, and the arrow was still there. i thought it was taking me to the bank because i needed money, but when i finally got there, i started crying again. i looked across the street, and saw the phone booth where i had gotten scared and lost two months earlier. Wow, trying not to cry right now. i made my way across the street thinking that i would find money, and having someone pick me up to take me home. What happened instead though was so much better. When i got to the phone, the phone was gone, and all i saw was dots where all the screws once went. GOD kept repeating YoUnoti. Then i looked at the top, and there were two arrows pointing up. i started crying again, and got another 10 minute show in the sky. On my way home GOD told me to forgive everyone, and mentioned some very special people who were once in my life. HE told me that that was in the past, and that i had alot of blame myself, and that i had done even worse things, and that i needed to stand by them just like they did for me.

i kept walking, and getting sign after sign. One was safeway, and when i went in, it didn't work out, and i remembered what the Bible said about taking the Safeway, and how that's not always good. My favorite though was when i looked up and saw Goodwill when i wanted to give up. i started laughing, and said Thank You God. Another great one was when i past Noah's Ark pre-school, and GOD reminded me how people laughed at Noah too when he was building the ark, and the little embarrassment i had left, and turned into pure joy. lol

Anyway, what i just shared is 100% truth, and is not exaggerated. Those who know me know this. Infact, what i just shared isn't 1/1000th of what happened to me that day, but all will be revealed in time.

Anyway, for those of you still reading, thank you for your patience. i hope this put a smile on your face. Suffice to say, i feel quite good. lol
Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #231
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

I'm getting my new wheelchair tomorow

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #232
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Cool

i had a great day yesterday. My brother celebrated his 32nd birthday. He said it was one of his best ever, and he even got a miracle on his big day, running into our dad at radio shack. Anyway, if you guys can, please vote for my niece Cyndel in a photo shoot contest. Getting friends to vote was my present to Rich. Even if she doesn't win, thank you, what matters is not whether she won or lost, but the love that you all have shown for her. Thanks guys. i'm gonna take some time off, but i will talk to you all in a few. The link for the contest is below. The deadline for voting is November 12th. Thanks everyone!

Vote For Pedr...Cyndel
Old 11-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #233
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry

It felt good to have the day off today. I've been working some serious hours and going to school to get my master's in secondary education at the same time. It was relaxing to just spend today reading.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #234
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Heart She's the best!

I feel good because Jenny sent me a very nice gift card for one of my favorite stores. It was a thank you gift for my exemplary hostess skills.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #235
Family Ties Forever!

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I feel good because Jenny sent me a very nice gift card for one of my favorite stores. It was a thank you gift for my exemplary hostess skills.

I'm glad you liked the gift card. Just a small way of saying thank you for everything.
It was great chatting on the phone.

Also, I haven't bought it yet, but this weekend I plan on buying a box of jello and making it. I know what to do now and hopefully it will come out correctly. Thanks for showing me how when I was there.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #236
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
great Janice! Congrats.!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #237
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Default TV commercial

they're filming a TV comercial at my p.t. place next week, and I'm gonna be in it!!! (who knows-this could be my big break )
Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #238
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
they're filming a TV comercial at my p.t. place next week, and I'm gonna be in it!!! (who knows-this could be my big break )

That's cool. Are you going to be an extra in the commercial?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 AM   #239
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

I don't know. (but don't worry-I'll try not to get a swelled head )
Old 11-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #240
Family Ties Forever!

I just finished doing my Christmas cards. Yes, it's early, but I wanted to write in them while I was thinking about it.