Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #181
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ
Heart

This day has gotten off to an amazing start for me. Went for a 3:00 am walk, and God revealed something to me that Iv'e been desperate to know ever since I was a young lad. It's a miracle, and I'm about to break down in tears of joy. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. So much to be thankful for. Amazing friends, an amazing family, and most importantely, an amazing God. Not once have You ever failed me Lord, not once. I'm 100% serious. Whenever I do right, and turn from my sins, I become blessed 100 fold, and in ways that most people would never be able to imagine. Everytime God was there, and fulfilled every single promise He ever gave in the Bible. EVERYTHING He said in the Bible is EXACTLY as God said it would be, no exaggeration. I have hope, and known now that today is the start of my new life. That's what God told me on my early morning walk, and at that very moment, I was filled with an indescribable peace. The first half of my life was rough, to put it mildly, but it was all for a reason, all for this moment! My new life will be filled with unfailing love, hope, humbleness, joy, peace, mercy, compassion, forgiveness, pure heartedness, and every other wonderful thing that You declared through Your Word. Thank you Lord for your incredible mercy. I gave up on you, but You NEVER gave up on me!!! When I fell into the bottomless pit, You held out your hand, and pulled me out. There's no way to get out of that bottomless pit, except through You Lord!! Faith the size of a mustard seed cab move mountains. You pulled me back up onto my feet, when my legs gave out on me, Now I stand firm, and steady. You have given me the best three months that Iv'e ever had in my life. So nice to be able to say good, or great when people ask how I'm doing. never had that before, but for everyday in these last three months, not one day has passed, where I didn't say great, or good!!! I will be that Prodigal Son that Iv'e always yearned to be, but never thought I would. I didn't understand the quasi modo thing, but you revealed it to me two days ago. Told my family, and my therapist that I didn't understand what it meant, but two days ago, you showed me beyond the shadow of a doubt what that meant. Another one of the greatest moments of my life. Today is a new day, and all former things are passed. I love you my King, I love you more than life itself, and will exalt your beautiful name every single day of my life, and for all eternity when I finally meet You, and give you that hug that I've been yearning for my entire life!!! Without you Lord, life is really death, and through you, death becomes life. Can't wait to see what you have in store for me for the rest of my life! THANK YOU LORD Jesus, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Last edited by Brad Russ : 08-20-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #182
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

I had a wonderful day today. Talked to two great friends on the phone, Hung out with my buddy Preston, and stayed true to my REAL friends and stood up for the truth knowing it would get me in trouble. Don't regret one single thing that I said.
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.

Last edited by Brad Russ : 09-14-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #183
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Last night I was working the door at the bar where bands play. Some guy was so impressed with me he gave me twenty bucks. It made my night.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #184
Family Ties Forever!

Next month is October.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #185
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

I've been having a blast in New York City.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #186
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Next month is October.
I guess I should start stocking up on Cinnabon bars, lol.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #187
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
You are a wild woman, Allison. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #188
Family Ties Forever!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I guess I should start stocking up on Cinnabon bars, lol.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #189
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
You are a wild woman, Allison. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.
Not so wild. I've been in my hotel room since about 5pm with a trip to the CVS that is blocks away that took me forever to find because I'm still trying to memorize the Manhattan street grid layout (gimme a break, last time I was here was 5 years ago! ). I did, however, finally meet up with a SOer here and I'm trying to iron out details to meet up with TJL.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #190
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Heart

I got a job today!!! I'm so happy. Pretty much spent the whole day working. This morning I prayed to God and asked Him how I was going to be able to make money to help more to pay bills. Less than an hour later, I got a job offer, and frankly, I wasn't even looking for a job. I probably will be around less, but first thing is first, and this will help my family greatly. I'm the luckiest guy in the world!! Thank You Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #191
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up Thank You Lord

I made an ass out of myself a few days ago. What's new right?? lol Mom and I were at Safeway, and the workers were very nasty to her. She was almost in tears because they were so nasty. Those who know me, know that I can deal with almost anything, but when you mess with my mom, WOW, BIG MISTAKE. I lost total control telling them not to EVER speak to my mom in that manner again. I was shaking, and my fists were balled up. I literally went insane. They threatened to call security, and in response I said to them, real tough guys huh?? You can dish it out, but you sure can't take it. The good news, I was at 7-11 today, and the lady in front of me lost it when the guy asked her for a dollar for the magazine she was reading. The magazine is called busted, and lists every Portlander who has been arrested within the last week, listing their crime, as well as their photo. They told her that if she wasn't going to buy it, to put it down. She reacted very much like I did, and over a freakin magazine at that. Had someone disrespected her mom, WOW, dude would probably be dead. lol Anyway, God told me that He showed me that to see what a fool I made of myself, and I thanked Him profusely. Sometimes things like this happen to teach us a lesson. God made it clear that He forgave me, and wanted me to forgive myself. I don't regret for one second standing up for my mom, do regret however the way in which I handled it. I was way over the top, and WAY out of line. I make no excuses. I also thank you Lord for having Tracy, The wife of my best friend Preston there to witness the whole thing. Made me realize even further what an ass I made of myself, and I am soooo appreciative for it. Thank You. We are banned from Safeway now, and quite frankly, I deserve it. I just hope that my reaction opened up the workers eyes, and showed them that they have no right to treat people that way. Always try to find the positives from a bad situation. Thank you for teaching me the hard way Lord. Wouldn't have wanted you to handle it any other way. Thank you for forgiving me, and for opening the eyes of my heart my Holy Father. I will forgive, but will never forget. If I forget, I will leave myself open for this to happen again and again. Never forget, and this will never happen again. This is the first time Iv'e taken this approach, and the results have been phenomenal. iv'e definitely been humbled.

Last edited by Brad Russ : 09-16-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #192
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Smile

I just had a couple awesome thing's happen to me. I just heard from one of my best, and most dear childhood friends Andrea. She was one of the first girls I ever had a crush on as a kid. Anyway, we got together a few years ago, and had an amazing time catching up. Sadly, due to some circumstances beyond either of our control, we haven't been able to get together since. Tonight she got to me though, and we should be getting together within the next couple weeks. My new job has been a blessing in disguise, and thanks to it, I will be able to do something special for my homeless friend Troy's 43rd birthday today, and plan on going all out for my mom's 50th birthday which is tomorrow. Due to those two things, we have to postpone getting together for a week or so, but we will get together when we both have time, and when I have some extra money. Also heard from another childhood friend this morning named Michelle. Totally out of the blue, and was an incredible surprise hearing from her. As if that is not enough, I will also be getting together with one of my best childhood buddies growing up Sam. Got some awesome days on the horizon. Here's a picture of all three of them. In the first pic, Andrea's on the left, in the next, obviously, Michelle's on the left, and the third photo is Sam. I am beyond blessed, and beyond ecstatic.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #193
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda

I am so glad to hear this Allison. Iv'e read every one of your posts on Facebook, and I'm thrilled for you. So glad you and Tim got together, and had such a great time. Tell Tim I'm jealous, I want to meet you too. I'm only playing. Not about wanting to meet you, but of the jelous part. lol Anyway, I truly am happy for you, and hope that the rest of your trip is even better.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #194
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

John is a great guy, and is very understanding. We have an agreement that I can work at my own pace. I told him to pay me less than he use to, because I can't work at a fast pace at this point in time. I told him that I refuse to screw him over. I would never even think of doing that. It's minimum wage, but I sure ain't complaining. The damage I did over the course of four years will take much longer than 3 or 4 months to get over. Could barely even walk yesterday, and it took me five seconds just to get out of my chair. Everyone tells me that I move like a 70 or 80 year old man. I put in a few good hours though, and plan on working a half day today. Soon my strength will be back, and I'll be able to work full time, but in the meantime, I am just grateful to be able to work at my own pace. No worries, and no complaints!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #195
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Russ
John is a great guy, and is very understanding. We have an agreement that I can work at my own pace. I told him to pay me less then he use to because I can't work at a fast pace at this point of time. It's minimum wage, but I sure ain't complaining. The damage I did over the course of four years will take much longer than 3 or 4 months to get over. Could barely even walk yesterday, and it took me five seconds just to get out of my chair. Everyone tells me that I move like a 70 or 80 year old man. I put in a few good hours though, and plan on working a half day today. Soon my strength will be back, and I'll be able to work full time, but in the meantime, I am just grateful to be able to work at my own pace. No worries, and no complaints!
I'm so glad you have such an understanding boss who is giving you the chance to work your way back into shape at your own pace! God is so good!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin