Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #91
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

There's Still Nothing Out There

This was going to be the sequel to Rolfe Kanefsky's early 90's horror comedy There's Nothing Out There, Rolfe talked about it with actor Craig Peck on the DVD commentary, it's even listed on Rolfe's website...but it's been on there for several years, and it's not listed on IMDB....maybe Rolfe may one day make it after he's done with all his lame comedies and cheesy erotic movies, but I doubt it.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #92
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The Tales from the Crypt feature films were originally intended to be a trilogy, but things didn't go as planned.

The first film, Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight, was originally intended to be the first of the trilogy.

The next two planned films never materialized on the big screen, which were Dead Easy and Body Count. The people making the films weren't happy with the scripts and they felt that, "the humor was becoming lost which was essential for 'Tales from the Crypt'."

The second film that did follow was Tales from the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood which was a stand-alone film.

The third film, Tales from the Crypt Presents: Ritual, had a quiet release and I've spoken with a few people who don't even know that the film exists.

Ritual was originally set for theatrical release in 2002, but due to the theatrical failure of Bordello of Blood this didn't happen. The film was released internationally, but all references to Tales from the Crypt were taken out.

The U.S. release of Ritual didn't come until 2006 when HBO quietly put it out direct-to-DVD. HBO then added the Crypt Keeper segments and all other Crypt references back into the film for the home market.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #93
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Not really a sequel, but . . .

The French director Francois Truffaut set out to make a trilogy devoted to the performing arts in France. Day For Night (1973) was about the movies; The Last Metro (1980) was about the theater. He planned to make a movie about the French music hall tradition as his third movie in the trilogy, likely in 1987 so as to keep with the seven-year sequence, but he died in 1984 and so the music hall movie was never made.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #94
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Halloween 3D is currently in limbo. As of right now it is in "release to be determined" status.

The third film was officially announced shortly after H2 ended its theatrical run. Originally Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer were brought on to write the Halloween 3D script.

The script was completed in September 2009. They had eight days to write it before they had to go work on Drive Angry.

Todd Famer said, "At the end of the day there was just no time or money to pull it off."
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #95
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

No H3D? How about H2O?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #96
D-Dey
Win The War!

There was supposed to be a true sequel to "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" that was actually relevant to that movie.

Years ago. I saw an IMDb page for "Ghostbusters III," which was supposed to be released in 1999.

I don't know if this qualifies as a sequel, but before Bing Crosby died, there was supposed to be another road movie called "Road to the Fountain of Youth."
Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #97
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
No H3D? How about H2O?

We already had Halloween H20 in 1998.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #98
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dey
There was supposed to be a true sequel to "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" that was actually relevant to that movie.

Years ago. I saw an IMDb page for "Ghostbusters III," which was supposed to be released in 1999.

I don't know if this qualifies as a sequel, but before Bing Crosby died, there was supposed to be another road movie called "Road to the Fountain of Youth."

Maybe they did that a few years later as Cocoon.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #99
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
A Blues Brothers sequel chronicling the further mis-adventures of Jake and Elwood was being developed, but the death of John Belushi in 1982 stopped it in its tracks.

Just to note, as I'm sure you know, that years later a sequel did get made - Blues Brothers 2000 (1998).

However, it was critically panned and virtually no one likes it.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #100
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Robert Englund did a recent interview with Moviehole.net where he talked about an un-produced Elm Street prequel.

"There was a great kind of 'Portrait of a Serial Killer' kind of docudrama script around, where you see Freddy and his first kills and the courtroom scenes where these really horrible, terrible lawyers keep getting him off; great corrupt lawyers getting him off and then the vigilante parents.

Finally in the climax, burning him alive, and maybe you see him manifest, and show up on Elm Street at the very end, where his sort of revenge, reign of terror would be hinted at.
"
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #101
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

After Die Another Day (2002) came out MGM wanted to do a spin-off film featuring Halle Berry's character Jinx. It was going to be the first spin-off film for the James Bond franchise.

MGM called off the project after noticing that other female-lead action movies of the time, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life, flopped. They told all of the people working on the Jinx film to now focus on 'Bond 21', which was to star Pierce Brosnan, for 2005.

Pierce Brosnan's 5th film as Bond never happened because he was demanding too much money and they couldn't negotiate any further. As a result the studio decided to reboot the entire James Bond franchise instead.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #102
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Tales from the Crypt and Halloween III both should've had sequels! Halloween III was creepy, had a great soundtrack, and I've never seen a movie quite like that!

Also the 1998 Godzilla movie was supposed to have a sequel with all the baby godzillas in that movie but it never happened!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #103
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
We already had Halloween H20 in 1998.

Oops, I forgot about that.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #104
D-Dey
Win The War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
I heard right after "The Breakfast Club" came out that John Hughes had considered the idea of having a sequel to answer the question of what happened on Monday when they went back to school. The fact that this sequel never happened is very good news for fan ficiton writers. I've read some good scenerarios!
Eh, it probably would've made a better SNL skit. My take on it would be that the five members of The Breakfast Club find their adult lives are total disasters, and by the end Vice Principal Vernon reveals that he rigged everything this way for them, and they all kick the living **** out of him.

But one other sequel that I know for a fact about, and have the script to is "Flamingos Forever," which was an intended sequel to John Water's cult classic "Pink Flamingos." The thing was never made partially because Divine didn't like the script and Edith Massey died.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #105
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Kung Pow and Deep Rising both kind of have a cult following asking for sequels but they won't ever happen.