Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #31
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Supposedly Don Coscarelli still plans on a Phantasm 5.

But at one time there was going to be a sequel written by Roger Avery(Pulp Fiction, Silent Hill) titled "Phantasm's End" and Bruce Campbell was going to be involved. But was rejected because it was considered too expensive.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #32
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Robin Williams turned down the script for "Mrs. Doubtfire 2" because he was unhappy with it.

The plans for the sequel were scrapped in 2006.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #33
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Supposedly Don Coscarelli still plans on a Phantasm 5.

But at one time there was going to be a sequel written by Roger Avery(Pulp Fiction, Silent Hill) titled "Phantasm's End" and Bruce Campbell was going to be involved. But was rejected because it was considered too expensive.

Sounds like there won't be a sequel after-all, a remake seems to be in the works.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #34
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Is it, or isn't it?

That seems to be the question for the 1991 flick Camp Fear aka The Millennium Countdown a supposed sequel to the 1988 slasher Cheerleader Camp aka Bloody Pom-Poms...according to IMDB:

This is actually the sequel to "Cheerleader Camp" that later changed to "Millennium Countdown" when Paramax took over the production after Prism studios bowed out of the initial production.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #35
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
I heard right after "The Breakfast Club" came out that John Hughes had considered the idea of having a sequel to answer the question of what happened on Monday when they went back to school. The fact that this sequel never happened is very good news for fan ficiton writers. I've read some good scenerarios!
That would have made a good movie. I really enjoyed The Breakfast Club, too bad they didn't do a sequel for this one....

I kept hearing about a Sixteen Candles sequel and that hasn't materialized yet.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #36
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Going back to "Airplane III", Robert Hays did an interview a few months ago when Airplane! came to Blu-ray and he was asked what happened with that:

At the end of Airplane 2, there's a teaser for "Airplane 3".
How close did that ever come to happening?

It was very close. You have to understand the atmosphere, 31 years ago. Sequels were frowned upon. You were really looked down upon if you did sequels -- that was all you could do, you can't do anything else.

They'd go, "Oh, Robert, 'Airplane' Hays, you ever gonna do something besides 'Airplane'?" I was doing other films, it's just that was the attitude that they took. Nowadays, sequels are called franchises. Now they look for them.

That was the joke we had in Airplane 2, when Sonny Bono was buying the bomb at the store -- "I'll take the magazine, the candy bar, and the third bomb on the left" -- and behind him was a big poster in the shop with a little bald guy with boxing gloves and American flag shorts and it said "Rocky 38".

I was in London doing a film called Scandalous, at the time, and they were negotiating for doing "Airplane 3", and it had really gotten to me. I was being ragged on by the press a lot when I'd go to events and the paparazzi's there, and they would rag on me. I said, "Nah, don't wanna do it."

Of course all that did was raise the price more and more and more. When finally I said, "I'm not going to do it," that was it, they didn't do it. Of course, I wish we had done it, looking back now, but you know, that was then and this is now.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Wicker Man director Robin Hardy was working on a sequel in 2008.

It was to star Joan Collins and Christopher Lee as evil cult leaders.

Collins said of the film, "It's about two young people from America who are gospel singers. They go to a remote village in the Highlands to convert people to Christianity. They come in contact with an evil cult led by two people. One of them is Christopher Lee, and the other one is me."

The sequel was scrapped due to financial difficulties.

However, in 2011 Robin Hardy did The Wicker Tree which people call "a spiritual sequel" to The Wicker Man. The films are not related.

Christopher Lee has a small role in The Wicker Tree.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #38
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

There have been rumors for years about a sequel to the early 80's Linda Blair slasher flick- Hell Night, I think they even talked about it on the DVD commentary.

Another long running sequel rumor is to The Goonies, I think they even talked about it focusing on the kids of the now adult goonies.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #39
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

A few months ago, Will Ferrell made statements to the press that everybody (the cast and the fans) is interested in a sequel to Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004).

He mentioned that "the ball's in Paramount Pictures' court" and that they said that they believe it won't be a hit due to the numbers they ran.

Ferrell said it makes no sense when you look at how successful Anchorman was.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #40
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Jon Favreau had written a follow-up to 1996's Swingers before the film was released, but he ultimately decided not to do a sequel.

Star Vince Vaughn said in a 2005 interview, "There was actually a very funny sequel to 'Swingers' that we had written before the first film was released, but with 'Swingers' becoming what it did, we thought we might be better off just leaving it alone."
Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #41
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

There was talk of a sequel to the horror-comedy Zombieland (2009) for a while after it came out.

The creators and the cast seemed to be enthusiastic about it.

However, the movie sequel was put on hold when they decided they were going to pitch a Zombieland television series instead.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #42
UMFaninMD
I am Sherlocked

There were plans to make a sequel to the 1981 slasher My Bloody Valentine. The plot would have the survivors of the first movie Sarah and TJ married with teenagers and Sarah being the sheriff of Valentine Bluffs. The mine would be reopened as a tourist attraction, and murders would happen again. It never got off the ground. Instead a 3D remake of the original movie was released in 2009 that got mixed reviews.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #43
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Flash Gordon 2

Yes, that last scene in the 1980 classic was intended to set up a sequel. And if it weren’t for Razzie Award Winning actor Sam J.Jones, the man behind Flash’s red jumper, there might have been one.

In a recent interview, director Mike Hodges explained that friction between producer Dino De Laurentiis and Jones essentially killed the franchise plans. “..although it was not a big hit in America, it was in Europe. But Sam and Dino fell out”, he said. “I was very fond of Sam but here’s what happened: we did the main shooting up until Christmas and then we stopped for the break. After Christmas I came back and did all of the second unit stuff too. For instance, I had to do the shots with the flying men and that sort of thing – what passed as special effects back then (laughs). So I also had to shoot a whole bunch of other stuff with a stunt double for Sam and I had to re-voice the occasional line of dialogue too. Not much but some – and I got somebody to impersonate Sam’s voice. You would never know it wasn’t him. But Sam found out and I think that was one factor that led to him being upset. And Dino and he just did not see eye to eye for a while. So when you lose your main star there can’t really be a sequel.”

Hellraiser Nightshines

A prequel to Clive Barker’s “Hellraiser” (1987), “Nightshines” would’ve been set in the ’40s and had the Mafioso unleashing Pinhead (Doug Bradley) onto the world. The script was written – and what a wacky script it was; it also included werewolves and genies. At one stage it has Pinhead taking control of the werewolves and sicking them onto the local gangsters – but never got close enough to a ‘greenlit’ stamp. Not to worry, about twenty other “Hellraiser” sequels did happen – the latest, “Hellraiser : Revelations” was the first not to feature series star Doug Bradley, which caused quite a bit of controversy – but sadly none of them feature lycanthropes or Elliot Ness.

Escape from Earth

Kurt Russell and John Carpenter would’ve hooked up again on a second sequel to the 1981 classic “Escape from New York”… had the money men been interested in making another chapter in a series that hadn’t exactly proved itself to be lucrative (that turkey “Escape from L.A”, released in 1997, single-handedly killed the Snake Plissken character and Carpenter’s viability as a bankable filmmaker).

Truth is, no studio has really been interested in working with Carpenter in years – he was the one who actually suggested the idea of doing a follow-up to “The Thing”, by the way; Universal ultimately made the movie, but without the filmmaker’s involvement.

You’ll find the treatment for the film on Carpenter’s office desk, along with an eye-patch prop.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #44
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMFaninMD
There were plans to make a sequel to the 1981 slasher My Bloody Valentine. The plot would have the survivors of the first movie Sarah and TJ married with teenagers and Sarah being the sheriff of Valentine Bluffs. The mine would be reopened as a tourist attraction, and murders would happen again. It never got off the ground. Instead a 3D remake of the original movie was released in 2009 that got mixed reviews.

There was also talk for a sequel to the remake-

My Bloody Valentine 2

After the success of their (3D) remake of the classic Canadian slasher flick, Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer put their hard hats back on and lit up final draft to doodle down part two. The story would’ve picked up right after the first movie ended, Lussier told STYD. “It was going to start the moment the first film ended. We were going to wheel into the hospital with Axel [Kerr Smith] and his wife [Sarah, Jaime King] was there. He goes into surgery. She goes to make a phone call in one of the waiting rooms to check in on her son. She gets to the phone and she sees these muddy footprints and looks around the corner to the bathroom and there’s Tom [Jensen Ackles] trying to sew himself up. The massacre you didn’t see at the beginning of our Bloody Valentine perhaps you see in the beginning of the sequel.” The sequel that isn’t happening that is.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #45
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

There was also supposed to be a sequel to the 2009 relaunch of Friday the 13th. It was announced shortly after the theatrical release ended.

Brad Fuller announced on his Twitter last year that the sequel was "dead" and Platinum Dunes then moved on to other projects.

A sequel to the 2010 relaunch of A Nightmare on Elm Street was also discussed after that came out.

Brad Fuller took to Twitter again to say that, "New Line is not interested in a script at this time."