Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #166
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I'll have to check that out.

I did watch a DVD of Kevin Smith live where he talked about Superman Lives and how producer Jon Peters didn't want Superman to fly (if I'm remembering it correctly), wanted him to wear a re-designed costume and wanted him to fight a giant mechanical spider.

The movie obviously never happened, but Smith noted that the mechanical spider did show up in The Wild Wild West, a remake of the '60s TV show produced by...Jon Peters.

Kevin Smith basically said that Peters paid for the rights to Superman and wanted to make a movie about a character who wasn't really Superman, that he had no clue what made Superman tick.

I don't think Burton would have been a good choice for Superman. Just because he directed a couple of Batman movies doesn't mean he can do just any superhero movie.

I think that was on Kevin Smith's first live DVD An Evening with Kevin Smith.

Smith basically rehashes those stories about Jon Peters in the docu. and Peters denied Smith's tales during his interview.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #167
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I think that was on Kevin Smith's first live DVD An Evening with Kevin Smith.

Smith basically rehashes those stories about Jon Peters in the docu. and Peters denied Smith's tales during his interview.

Well of course Jon Peters is going to deny it, because he comes off looking like a idiot.

I tend to believe Smith, because I've seen and read interviews with Peters and he comes off as arrogant and not too bright.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:26 AM   #168
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Alien 5 is "Totally Dead", According to Neill Blomkamp
by Joey Nolfi
June 5, 2017

In space, no one can hear you scream ó and apparently, the movie gods didnít listen to Neill Blomkampís bid for another Alien film, either.

Two years after the District 9 filmmaker debuted concept art for the upcoming fifth continuation of the franchiseís original storyline (2012ís Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, which is in theaters now, are part of a prequel trilogy), Blomkamp has confirmed that plans to take the series one step further are currently off the table, at least for him.

ďI think itís totally dead, yes. That would be an accurate assumption at this point,Ē he told The Verge of the project that would have starred Sigourney Weaver over the weekend. ďItís sad. I spent a long time working on that, and I feel like it was really pretty awesome. But politically, the way itís gone now, and the way that it all is ó itís just not going to live.Ē

He went on to explain that the decision was in part made out of respect for Scott, who helmed the 1979 original, Prometheus, and Covenant.

ďRidley Scott was one of my idols growing up. Heís so talented and heís made this film that really set me off in a direction. I want to just be as respectful and not go stamping around in this world that he created,Ē he explained.

ďI think that if the circumstances were different, and I didnít feel like I was getting too close to something that he obviously feels a massive personal connection to, that things that may have played out differently. But I did want to be as respectful as possible.Ē

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/05/alie...eill-blomkamp/
Old 06-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #169
D-Dey
Win The War!

I forget whether this was mentioned or not, but there was supposed to be a Kick-Ass 3, which was scrubbed due to the box-office failure of Kick-Ass 2. That's too bad, because I liked both movies.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 AM   #170
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Before the official release of The Godfather Part III in 1990, numerous versions had been in development in the late 1970s - through the mid-80s.

Some versions did not have the Michael Corleone character, while others had him as a minor character in a "next generation" style movie with the younger descendants of the Corleone family as the central characters.

Some of these versions were rumored to have had John Travolta and Sylvester Stallone as the star. I'm glad that never came to pass.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #171
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

David Fincher said he wanted to make film adaptations of The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest after doing the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in 2011.

They never happened due to various script delays. Now they are working on adapting the 4th novel, The Girl in the Spider's Web, w/ Fede Alvarez set for Oct. 2018.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #172
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Marc Webb Reveals Scrapped "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" Plans
by Nick Romano
August 9, 2017

Before Sony Pictures struck a deal with Disney to bring Spider-Man into the world of The Avengers, Andrew Garfield was enjoying his brief run as the comic book wall-crawler in a couplet of films from director Marc Webb.

Plans were in motion to continue the story with a Sinister Six spin-off film and The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Those plans never came to fruition, but Webb recently opened up about what would have been his attempt at a Spidey expanded universe.

ďWe were talking about the Sinister Six,Ē Webb told Den of Geek of the film about Spider-Manís super-villain squad. ďThey were going to make a Sinister Six movie before we did 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3', but I wantedÖ Chris Cooper was going to come back and play the Goblin.Ē

Cooper appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as Norman Osborn, the head of Oscorp, the father of Peter Parkerís friend Harry Osborn, and the man who traditionally becomes the Green Goblin in the comics.

The character was thought to have died, leaving room for Harry (Dane DeHaan) to become the villain. The film also included Easter eggs for characters like Vulture and Doctor Octopus as teases for Sinister Six.

There was even supposed to be a scene, ultimately cut from the final film, with a jar containing Normanís head. Speaking to how he would have brought back the character for a third film, Webb said, ďWe were going to freeze his head, and then he was going to be brought back to life. And then there was that character called The Gentleman. We had some notions about how to do it, but I think maybe we were thinking too far ahead when we started building in those things. But it was a fun exercise. I look back very fondly on those days.Ē

The filmmaker also confirmed, ďNorman was going to be the main villain. He was going to come out and lead the Sinister Six. We had talked about Vulture a little bit, too, actually.Ē

Drew Goddard had been tapped to helm Sinister Six, but the combination of poor critical reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, low box-office numbers, and the Sony e-mail hacking scandal upended these plans. Now Spider-Manís cinematic world looks much different.

Tom Holland debuted as teenager Peter Parker in Marvelís Captain America: Civil War, marking the landmark collaboration between Sony and Disney. The actor returned for his solo film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and will be seen in next yearís Avengers: Infinity War.

Sony is already prepping films based on Spider-Man characters to be separate from this Marvel Cinematic Universe: Tom Hardy has been cast as Eddie Brock in Venom, scheduled for release on Oct. 5, 2018; and Gina Prince-Bythewood was also enlisted to helm Silver and Black, based on characters Silver Sable and Black Cat.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/amaz...drew-garfield/
Old 08-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #173
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Bruce Campbell Says he won't Play Elvis in Bubba Ho-Tep Sequel
by Clark Collis
August 22, 2017

As befits a movie in which Bruce Campbell plays an Egyptian mummy-battling Elvis Presley and the late, great African-American actor Ossie Davis portrays John F. Kennedy, the 2002 horror-comedy Bubba Ho-Tep has achieved the status of beloved cult classic.

Fans of director Don Coscarelliís movie have long waited for the proposed sequel, Bubba Nosferatu: Curse of the She Vampires, which at one point looked likely to find Campbell reprising his role of Presley and Paul Giamatti playing the Kingís manager, Colonel Tom Parker.

But when Campbell dropped by the Sirius XM studios to appear on the EW Channelís Entertainment Weirdly show, the actor made clear that he had no intention of appearing in a sequel.

ďI killed it,Ē said The Evil Dead star. ďI killed it for me. I told the creators that I didnít want to dance around it anymore. I feel that the first one was a nice little gem and you donít have to make a sequel for everything. Don Coscarelli, god bless him, go make it. You know, get somebody else. They had Ron Perlman at one point. Knock yourself out. I donít want to stop you from making this, but I donít want to. So, that one Iím just going to let go.Ē

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/22/bruc...ho-tep-sequel/
Old 08-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #174
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Though I probably would have watched it if it was made, Bubba Ho Tep without Ossie Davis as JFK doesn't sound good to me. Bruce was great, but Ossie was part of the film just as much as Bruce. They were a great pair.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 09-25-2017, 02:04 AM   #175
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

This one could still happen, but I think it's very unlikely.

Robert Rodriguez was going to do a trilogy based on Machete from the Grindhouse movie trailers and the 3rd one seems to be delayed. The 2nd film, Machete Kills, was met with bad reviews and poor fan reception. The film ended with a fake trailer for the upcoming 3rd movie Machete Kills Again... in Space.

Danny Trejo mentioned in some interviews back in 2015 that they were going to start filming on the 3rd Machete film later that year, but nothing happened. Rodriguez has since been working on "From Dusk till Dawn: The Series" and the film Alita: Battle Angel set for July 2018.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #176
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Though we eventually got a sequel, S.F. Brownrigg (director of the original Don't Look In The Basement), and director Bret McCormick (The Abomination, and other low budget films from the 80's/90's) were collaborating on a script for a sequel to Brownrigg's Don't Look In The Basement back in the 80's. But obviously it never came to fruition.
Brownrigg's son Tony, wrote and directed a sequel which was released in 2014, according to Tony's commentary for Don't Look In The Basement, he used similar ideas his dad had been planning in the sequel.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #177
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Another one that could still happen, but very unlikely is Sex and the City 3.

After Sex and the City 2 (2010) underperformed a third film was talked about for years, but nothing has happened with it. As usual, the ladies can't agree on money and have never signed on.

Sarah Jessica Parker reportedly has a story for it, but said in Sept. 2017 that "It's over, we're not doing it."
Old 10-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #178
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Another one that could still happen, but very unlikely is Sex and the City 3.

After Sex and the City 2 (2010) underperformed a third film was talked about for years, but nothing has happened with it. As usual, the ladies can't agree on money and have never signed on.

Sarah Jessica Parker reportedly has a story for it, but said in Sept. 2017 that "It's over, we're not doing it."

And the world yawns.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:20 AM   #179
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

There was going to be another STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION movie that would have had the Next Gen., Voyager and DS9 crews. However when the last Next Gen film did so bad at the box office plans for it were scrapped.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 10-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #180
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

A sequel to Dog Soldiers (2002) was first announced in 2004, but has never happened.

Dog Soldiers producer David E. Allen said that Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat would begin filming shortly and said of the plot, "Cooper (Kevin McKidd) is picked up by an American team who, we find out, were the real opponents for the war games for Sgt. Wells' squad.

In the first film, it was a family who were the werewolves. In this one, it's an actual team of werewolves who are true military men. So even though they are now werewolves, they act like a trained military unit.
"

Teaser posters for Fresh Meat were released in 2005 and 2014, but the dates passed w/ no explanations for the delay.
Attached Images