Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie Movie Sequels That Never Happened

Here you can list whatever movie sequel ideas you know of that never came to be. I'm curious to see how many sequel ideas out there never happened and the info. about them.

There were plans at one point to have "The Mask 2" starring Jim Carrey.

Jim Carrey is not a fan of starring in sequels but he was forced to do Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995) under contract.

After that movie he made a statement that he is not doing any more sequels so, despite being offered $10 million to do "The Mask 2", he declined the role and the original sequel plans were scrapped.

Sometime in the mid-90s Nintendo Power magazine even held a contest where the winner would receive a walk-on role on "The Mask 2".

A sequel did come about a decade later with Jamie Kennedy in Son of the Mask. It was a huge flop and received attrocious reviews.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Before he finally made Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Hooper had a totally different idea for a sequel which he had titled Beyond the Valley of the Chainsaw Massacre

Buddy Giovinazzo(writer/director of Combat Shock) and Joe Spinell(Frank Zito in Maniac) were working on a sequel to Maniac. Maniac 2: Mr Robbie, they got as far as making a promotional short, but Spinell died before they could make a feature.

Buckaroo Banzai vs. The World Crime League was the planned sequel by the studio, but Buckaroo Banzai didn't make enough at the box office so the idea was scrapped.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

"Mac and Me" was intended to have a sequel, but since the film was bad enough...it never happened!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 02-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Lord Of The Rings 2was the planned sequel to Ralph Bakshi's 1978 animated adaptation of Tolkien's books. Rankin/Bass Productions(who also did the animated version of The Hobbit) sort of did a sequel with Return of the King(1980)
Old 02-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Before Rob Zombie did his re-imagining of John Carpenter's Halloween there were plans at one point for a 9th sequel with a working title rumored to be "Homecoming".

Another scrapped idea was to do a "Vs." movie with Michael Myers meeting Hellraiser's Pinhead.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Around 2007 it was announced that "Spider-Man 4" was in development with Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, and Kirsten Dunst returning.

A script was then completed and then there was word that John Malkovich, Dylan Baker, and Anne Hathaway were coming onboard.

Sam Raimi then decided to step down from the project due to his doubt that he would be able to make the planned May 2011 release date.

Sony then offically scrapped "Spider-Man 4" and announced a reboot project that will focus on Spider-Man in his high school years set for a July 2012 release.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

There were plans at one point for a sequel to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Commando (1985).

A script was completed but Arnold was not interested in the project.

The script then had a little work done to it and it was turned into Die Hard (1988).
Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
browneyes106

Grumpiest Old Men which was would have been a sequel to Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men was scrapped due to Jack Lemmon and Walther Matthau's box office flops Out to Sea and The Odd Couple II.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
Grumpiest Old Men which was would have been a sequel to Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men was scrapped due to Jack Lemmon and Walther Matthau's box office flops Out to Sea and The Odd Couple II.

The Odd Couple II might as well have been the 3rd Grumpy Old Men movie, since it felt more like one of those films than the original Odd Couple.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #10
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The Forrest Gump (1994) sequel called "Gump and Co." was scrapped because of 9/11.

Screenwriter Eric Roth had a script completed based off of the second Forrest Gump novel.

The story of the script was called "no longer relevant anymore" by those who were planning the sequel because the world was changing.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
Tubehead

I HEARD Their were going to make a squel to 1980 he-man movie master of the univser . i heard they were making squeal to shaiknight with jACKIE CHAN. i hadn't heard anything for awhile. I HEARD THEY were going to make a squeal to home alone withMacaulay Culkin as a teeanger.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #12
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
i heard they were making squeal to shaiknight with jACKIE CHAN. i hadn't heard anything for awhile.

Yeah, there was word a while ago that a third film called Shanghai Dawn was supposed to be coming out. Nothing has happened with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
I HEARD THEY were going to make a squeal to home alone withMacaulay Culkin as a teeanger.

Yeah, what happened with Home Alone is that the third film was pitched around the same time as the sequel with plans to release them back-to-back but FOX did not allow that.

Then the plans for a third film came in the mid-90s and the idea was pitched to Macaulay Culkin about him reprising his role as a teen. He was not into it at all because he grew tired of the role and at the time he became frustrated with acting.

So they went with a whole new script and whole new cast for the unrelated third film that came out in 1997.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

A fourth film in the Sleepaway Camp series was being made in the early 90s called Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor.

Production and filming had to come to a stop due to the company producing it going bankrupt. Only 34 minutes of footage was filmed.

On the box set "Sleepaway Camp: Survival Kit" the footage from the unfinished film was made available on it.

A fourth sequel did eventually come years later in 2008 called Return to Sleepaway Camp.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Though these weren't planned sequels, I like it when movies advertise fake sequels at the end.

The best being the trailer for History of the World Part 2 at the end of Part 1.

Others that did this-

Chainsaw Nurses hinted at the end of Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
Hedges "Just when you thought it was safe to trim" at the end of Blades '89
Old 02-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #15
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Chainsaw Nurses hinted at the end of Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
Hedges "Just when you thought it was safe to trim" at the end of Blades '89

I remember watching that years ago with my grandmother. I don't really remember it as I've haven't seen it in a LONG time.