Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Random Posts
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #46
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
Go to my FB and look for my "I can tell when you fart" status from early yesterday - the first person who commented on it mentions where I work. I don't have it listed in my work info on my FB, cuz I'm not dumb. Anyway. You'll know where I am when you look there.

Ok got it.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
It does have that Cool Hand Luke feeling toward it. I'm not sure if Hagman was responsible for the switch in character or not. He always said that he was just an Executive Producer in name only. JR just became a shadow of his former self though in the last few seasons. Can you picture the JR from season 1 getting put on a chain gang? The show wasn't awful but it was not as great as it once was. The last 2 seasons are worse though because you get more and more new characters and they weren't as good as the ones they replaced. Cally really was young. The first time I saw her she guest starred on an episode of Growing Pains as a date of Mike Seavers. That tells you how young she was. I think that's where the Dallas producers first saw her too.

If I didn't know any better, I'd get the feeling that Patrick Duffy was the star of Dallas. At least that's how it seemed for the first 10 or so episodes anyway. J.R. is different, that's for sure. Looks like his wife is going to follow in his footsteps. In one episode she says she's 24, but when they were in that small town it was sorta implied that she was barely legal. I guess the producers wanted to make her a little older so J.R. wouldn't seem like such a creep. I don't know much about the last 2 seasons of Dallas, but I did read a spoiler one time about how J.R. is put in an institution at some point. I look forward to seeing that.

BTW, do you know the actress who plays Bobby's girlfriend? She looks so familiar, I'm wondering if she was on a show before Dallas. I'm thinking I saw her on a soap opera many years ago, but I don't know for sure.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #48
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
I have to admit I didnt like the chain gang storyline on season 12 of Dallas. For starters J.R was way too sharp to let himself get in a mess like that. Second, while Cally was pretty, she was waitress in a small southern town. Normally JR wouldnt have given her the time of day. I did like the ranch war storyline though, they were Steve Kanaly's last appearaces until he showed up on the last episode.

I once read that the writers felt that JR should have a younger wife, so I guess thats why we got the Cally storyline.

Yeah the ranch war is definitely the highlight of season 12. I was almost expecting the A-Team to show up. It was great.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #49
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
If I didn't know any better, I'd get the feeling that Patrick Duffy was the star of Dallas. At least that's how it seemed for the first 10 or so episodes anyway. J.R. is different, that's for sure. Looks like his wife is going to follow in his footsteps. In one episode she says she's 24, but when they were in that small town it was sorta implied that she was barely legal. I guess the producers wanted to make her a little older so J.R. wouldn't seem like such a creep. I don't know much about the last 2 seasons of Dallas, but I did read a spoiler one time about how J.R. is put in an institution at some point. I look forward to seeing that.

BTW, do you know the actress who plays Bobby's girlfriend? She looks so familiar, I'm wondering if she was on a show before Dallas. I'm thinking I saw her on a soap opera many years ago, but I don't know for sure.

Sherrie J. Wilson who played April was Bobby's girlfriend for most of season 12. They split up and he started seeing Carter's McCay's daughter, but that ended when Carter's son showed up and attacked April. Bobby and April get married at the end of season 13.

Its also at the end of season 13 where J.R. gets himself locked up in the mental asylum.

If you dont know how he ended up there, I wont spoil it for you.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #50
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:

Beth Toussaint played Tracy Lawton. She did appear in a few episodes of Melrose Place back in the 1990's. I don't know if she appeared in anything before Dallas though.

Most fans don't like that sanatarium storyline. The old JR never would have gotten himself locked up like that.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #51
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah the ranch war is definitely the highlight of season 12. I was almost expecting the A-Team to show up. It was great.
I did like the ranch war Storyline and I like how Wendell finally got his.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #52
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Sherrie J. Wilson who played April was Bobby's girlfriend for most of season 12. They split up and he started seeing Carter's McCay's daughter, but that ended when Carter's son showed up and attacked April. Bobby and April get married at the end of season 13.

Its also at the end of season 13 where J.R. gets himself locked up in the mental asylum.

If you dont know how he ended up there, I wont spoil it for you.
Sheree J. Wilson was my favorite actress on the show during the later years. I kept watching her when she went to Walker Texas Ranger.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 AM   #53
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
Old 02-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #54
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Hello, hello how are you.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #55
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Beth Toussaint played Tracy Lawton. She did appear in a few episodes of Melrose Place back in the 1990's. I don't know if she appeared in anything before Dallas though.

Most fans don't like that sanatarium storyline. The old JR never would have gotten himself locked up like that.

That must be the show I was thinking of. I watched MP every week at least for the first 5 seasons. Haven't seen it since it went off the air except for a few eps on E!.

Is it just me or was the final episode of Season 12 disappointing? I guess I was expecting more since practically every other season finale of Dallas ended with a huge shocker.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #56
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
That must be the show I was thinking of. I watched MP every week at least for the first 5 seasons. Haven't seen it since it went off the air except for a few eps on E!.

Is it just me or was the final episode of Season 12 disappointing? I guess I was expecting more since practically every other season finale of Dallas ended with a huge shocker.
No it wasn't just you. The season 12 cliffhanger was the worse in Dallas history. I didn't particularly like Sue Ellen's fake movie although it was nice to see some of the old clips again. And Don't get me started on Don Lockwood. Ian McShane is a good actor. I loved him in Deadwood but he was horrible in Dallas. I would have rather have Sue Ellen run off with Dusty.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #57
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

How is everyone tonight?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #58
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:
No it wasn't just you. The season 12 cliffhanger was the worse in Dallas history. I didn't particularly like Sue Ellen's fake movie although it was nice to see some of the old clips again. And Don't get me started on Don Lockwood. Ian McShane is a good actor. I loved him in Deadwood but he was horrible in Dallas. I would have rather have Sue Ellen run off with Dusty.

The Cliffhanger for season 12 was a let down. It was more like an ending of a regular episode. I agree they should have Sue Ellen leaving with Dusty.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #59
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
How is everyone tonight?

Fine thank you, and yourself?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #60
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Quote:
Fine thank you, and yourself?

Pretty Good, just stressed about finding a job.